MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

1 minute ago, ps99042 said:

Damn went with Nin-Nin round 2.  Paypal exchange rate fees really suck.  Out the door for like $411.  Ouch

Same here...was trying to figure out. Usually I have the option of paying in local currency since I have a credit card that doesn't charge foreign exchange fees, but somehow that option isn't there.

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

how much tho?

The scary thing about that PO is you're committing without knowing how much the store will charge as they can put it up for whatever the current market value, and if you pull out, then they get a free $15 USD out of you.

1 minute ago, eggy99 said:

The scary thing about that PO is you're committing without knowing how much the store will charge as they can put it up for whatever the current market value, and if you pull out, then they get a free $15 USD out of you.

I looked at their price for the Metal Build Crossbone Full Cloth, and it didn't seem very friendly compared to what I paid for it from P-Bandai. Will be curious to know though, it seems it's a reliable site for TF folks. And now that I think of it, their price included shipping, so maybe it wasn't that bad. With P-Bandai I have to wait an extra month or so after release in Japan since it makes it way on boat to US for distribution.

10 minutes ago, dafob said:

Was this available directly from Amazon Japan (and not from 3rd party sellers)?  If so, how much was it?

9 minutes ago, Duymon said:

i couldn't get it to show up for our region direct from amazon JP. Kinda sad.

7 minutes ago, dgco86 said:

Yup, but I don't think it was available for international shipping so it came to 33,000 JPY shipped within Japan.

Yup.

We're currently geoblocked.

Only local japanese-scalpers  marketplace-sellers allowed...

13 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Somebody on the TF thread said that they were able to get their $50 deposit back on one of their preorders. 

17 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

Nice.  I haven't gotten mine yet.  Hopefully soon.

I'm having the same issue with Anime-Export. They took my paypal payment, but no confirmation email. Also, it's not showing up in my order history.

13 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

I looked at their price for the Metal Build Crossbone Full Cloth, and it didn't seem very friendly compared to what I paid for it from P-Bandai. Will be curious to know though, it seems it's a reliable site for TF folks. And now that I think of it, their price included shipping, so maybe it wasn't that bad. With P-Bandai I have to wait an extra month or so after release in Japan since it makes it way on boat to US for distribution.

That is a relief to hear.

2 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Somebody on the TF thread said that they were able to get their $50 deposit back on one of their preorders.

Sounds like a reputable seller then.

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

I'm going to turn in too @Kanedas Bike as I got my pre-order already. It's almost 1:00AM PST in the West Coast. 

One of the few times I'll be jealous of not being 3 hours ahead of you guys!

2 minutes ago, ff95gj said:

Right, I just received a refund from AE too.  Too bad.

2 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

um, AE refunded mine....

Was not expecting to see that about Anime-Export, but at least they were quick to refund your money. 

-b.

7 minutes ago, Jade20X said:

I wonder how long before Nin-Nin makes it available again for PO. I’ll probably end up paying $450+ USD if I end up getting one at all from them. 

Calling it a night. Maybe when I wake up in 3 hours, there will be something available somewhere. 

I'm running automated watches on Plaza Japan and Okini Land for when they avail the pages for their VF-1J armored valkyrie POs and will post here unless someone else does 1st.

I also have Ami on the list too, just in case they open up again, as that happened with 1S Roy last year also.

I'll also add in CDJ too, since that also suddenly became available again a day later for 1S Roy.

1 minute ago, eggy99 said:

That is a relief to hear.

Sounds like a reputable seller then.

Here's the person's quote.

2D2DAD65-D07E-42FE-A2D4-F0E5BDC09530.thumb.png.34c3df816a981d69c34df1050defbe2e.png

There's a lot of people on that forum that vouch for him.  He has a lot of good prices on Fanstoys products which, like Macross items, typically sell out super fast and get scalped at insane prices.  Because of that, there's always people who are suspicious and plenty of questions are asked.  But, everyone who's ordered from that site has gotten what they ordered and for the price they got in on.  I can't say whether or not he's legit, as I haven't actually received any of the preorders I have through him, but it sounds like he is.  At the same time, he could charge through the roof for this as well.  However, the listing does say free shipping, as somebody mentioned, so anywhere around $380 is spot on, I'd say.

The price on Amazon was 47800 yen, and now it's 42000.  It may not ever go back to 33000, but there is a fair chance it will go back to under 40000.  VF-1S Focker still has a lot of stocks around.  Let's wait and see.

Edited by ff95gj