MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

• jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Madness Thread - 3 POs: Bandai DX GBP Armor (4/23), Bandai VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (4/28) and Arcadia SV-51 Nora Type PO (TBD)
  • jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Madness Thread - 3 POs: Bandai DX GBP Armor TWE (4/23), Bandai VF-1J Armored Valkyrie GENERAL RELEASE (4/28) and Arcadia SV-51 Nora Type PO (TBD)
5 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Seems like a placeholder

I guess...they got my money and I have an order in.  I noticed the pre-order page just as yman1437 was posting about it.  But I looked a second time and realized they would actually take the order, so...fingers crossed.  I ordered TV Super packs in the past through Kurama and had no issue.

Edited by Draykov

53 minutes ago, Draykov said:

I guess...they got my money and I have an order in.  I noticed the pre-order page just as yman1437 was posting about it.  But I looked a second time and realized they would actually take the order, so...fingers crossed.  I ordered TV Super packs in the past through Kurama and had no issue.

Came here to post the link from Kurama Toys too... I preordered through them as well. Just so I don't have to stay up to 3am kind of madness, getting too old for that lol. 

Still might try to snag a combo set. 

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

One of the few places I really trust:

https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/25535-macross-dx-chogokin-armored-parts-set-for-vf-1j.html

Edit - that said, they did overcharge me pretty viciously on the Armored parts for the VF-31... so your mileage may vary :)

Yeah I got my strike pack through them as well. 

27 minutes ago, jenius said:

One of the few places I really trust:

https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/25535-macross-dx-chogokin-armored-parts-set-for-vf-1j.html

Edit - that said, they did overcharge me pretty viciously on the Armored parts for the VF-31... so your mileage may vary :)

Noted and ordered...I've never been able to catch a pre-order in time to order from BiJ, but I've definitely heard of them through this community.  Thanks, jenius!  So...two GBP armor sets supposedly locked.  Now...to wait for the VF-1J combo.  That (placeholder) appears to be up at Nin-Nin

Edited by Draykov

Question, are the sites you guys have been listing in this discussion thread good places to get the combo set on the 28th?  I missed out on the OG VF-1J so the set is perfect for me.  I know it's probably going to be a pain in the butt but I have to try.  I'm on the East Coast and I looked at the time zone and it goes up at 3:00am for me, which sucks but it is what it is I guess.

32 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

Question, are the sites you guys have been listing in this discussion thread good places to get the combo set on the 28th?  I missed out on the OG VF-1J so the set is perfect for me.  I know it's probably going to be a pain in the butt but I have to try.  I'm on the East Coast and I looked at the time zone and it goes up at 3:00am for me, which sucks but it is what it is I guess.

The combo will likely be at additional sites, since it appears they are doing the armor-only as a Tamashii Web Exclusive (so the larger places may be less likely to have them). So for the combo set, you'll see a lot more places open up like HLJ. OTOH, the TWE stuff usually seems a bit easier to get up front for retail or near-retail, whereas the general release stuff can get hammered by scalpers pretty quickly.

The key thing for PO night for the combos: keep an eye out for sites here, be prepared to share any sites you find that have availability, and prepare to be frustrated when you think you've purchased but get to the payment screen and they are unavailable.

Edited by vladykins

27 minutes ago, vladykins said:

The combo will likely be at additional sites, since it appears they are doing the armor-only as a Tamashii Web Exclusive (so the larger places may be less likely to have them). So for the combo set, you'll see a lot more places open up like HLJ. OTOH, the TWE stuff usually seems a bit easier to get up front for retail or near-retail, whereas the general release stuff can get hammered by scalpers pretty quickly.

The key thing for PO night for the combos: keep an eye out for sites here, be prepared to share any sites you find that have availability, and prepare to be frustrated when you think you've purchased but get to the payment screen and they are unavailable.

Will do @vladykins thanks!  I'm used to this kind of PO stuff from other things I've collected.  My F5 refresh key has been through many battles LOL.  

35 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

@Special Sauce - If you haven't yet  joined in for a MW Bandai DX pre-order MADNESS party, it's something everyone should experience...once.

pro-tip -- have alcohol handy. You'll need it! 

Definitely!  Got plenty of alcohol in the bar so I'm stocked and ready LOL

Also, what's the shipping situation with places like anime export etc.?  Will they ship to the USA?  I'm assuming I have to choose a certain shipping option to ensure that I'm able to place the order.

Edited by Special Sauce

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

Definitely!  Got plenty of alcohol in the bar so I'm stocked and ready LOL

Also, what's the shipping situation with places like anime export etc.?  Will they ship to the USA?  I'm assuming I have to choose a certain shipping option to ensure that I'm able to place the order.

Yes, they ship to the US. Options are limited to more expensive options currently, since Japan Post has limited shipping options, so expect to pay $40-60 shipping. OTOH, you'll get it really quick with options like DHL.

13 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Yes, they ship to the US. Options are limited to more expensive options currently, since Japan Post has limited shipping options, so expect to pay $40-60 shipping. OTOH, you'll get it really quick with options like DHL.

Honestly $40-$60 isn't so bad compared to if I have to get it on the secondary market.  Scalpers will want their pound of flesh.  So is there a time frame from when you pre-order to when you actually get the item shipped to you?  I'm certainly no stranger to waiting for pre-orders so I'm just curious about how quickly Bandai gets their products out the door to customers as compared to other collectibles I've pre-ordered from other companies.

Most places I've dealt with, (mainly AE or CD Japan or Ami Ami) last 2 years or so since 99% of folks as well as myself here stopped using Nippan Yasson, ship within a few days of Bandai's product release date.  Of course the pandemic jacked with everything, so honestly it may vary, but I feel pretty good about pre-ordering for things that release now-through the end of this year. I think shipping will get back to normal hopefully sooner than later. 

42 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Most places I've dealt with, (mainly AE or CD Japan or Ami Ami) last 2 years or so since 99% of folks as well as myself here stopped using Nippan Yasson, ship within a few days of Bandai's product release date.  Of course the pandemic jacked with everything, so honestly it may vary, but I feel pretty good about pre-ordering for things that release now-through the end of this year. I think shipping will get back to normal hopefully sooner than later. 

Wow I didn't realize it would ship that quickly (pandemic aside).  I'm used to pre-ordering and waiting months, sometimes over a year before getting an item.  

Notice I said "a few days AFTER Bandai's product release date", not the pre-order date. Pre-orders for most stuff are months away, I've been waiting on the 2nd or 3rd or whatever round of reissues we are on for TV Super Parts very patiently.  I put in an order last June when they came up again. They release tomorrow. 

Edited by derex3592

2 minutes ago, Rhubarbarian said:

Yeah I thought we'd get a day between the full announcement and pre-orders, dang. Guess I'll try for the set next week, dunno if I really need two VF-1Js though.

well not only that but its early.  they said 4/23 16:00 japan time.  thats still hours away!  maybe some other retailers will follow the actual timeline given.

9 minutes ago, Rhubarbarian said:

Yeah I thought we'd get a day between the full announcement and pre-orders, dang. Guess I'll try for the set next week, dunno if I really need two VF-1Js though.

More retailers will open up, plus you can order through proxies to the p-Bandai site itself. AE can usually get the TWE items and I don't think they've popped up yet.

47 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Notice I said "a few days AFTER Bandai's product release date", not the pre-order date. Pre-orders for most stuff are months away, I've been waiting on the 2nd or 3rd or whatever round of reissues we are on for TV Super Parts very patiently.  I put in an order last June when they came up again. They release tomorrow. 

That makes more sense.  I see what you're saying now.  Still, considering the pandemic, I would have expected a long wait.  

4 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Question, are the sites you guys have been listing in this discussion thread good places to get the combo set on the 28th?  I missed out on the OG VF-1J so the set is perfect for me.  I know it's probably going to be a pain in the butt to pre-order but I have to try.  I'm on the East Coast and I looked at the time zone and it goes up at 3:00am for me, which sucks but it is what it is I guess.  I'm just hoping for some sites to list it early so I'm not up in the middle of the night.

Good luck to you if you're up that early @Special Sauce .

I'm in the West Coast (10 pm PST) and I'm at work at that time when the pre-orders drop, so it will be crap on a stick if I try and get one (or not). It's either this or the upcoming Arcadia Nora 51 for me personally.