MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

Just now, rocketblast said:

yeah I just read on a bunch of sites that they don't ship anything.. so I guess I'll have to contact paypal then.. this valk preorder is impossible.

my advise is be patient and not desperate.  much much more reputable shops that have (almost) always come through:

>> mandarake: they'll list when the items come into stock, with a bit of the market price (but always very very reasonable) and mark up. but always dependable:
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/list?keyword=macross dx&lang=en

>> hobby digi: still have yet to post their listing.  have had the s and d for for a long time.  i've only heard good things from them.  not personal experience:
https://www.hobbydigi.com/en_us/catalogsearch/result/?q=macross

>> sugo: seems like a co-signment.  got the roy a month or 2 after, but consistently delivered to at least 3 folks i know:
https://sugotoys.com.au/product/bandai-soul-of-chogokin-macross-1-48-vf-1jap-compatible-armoured-parts-set/

do as you must, but personally... i'd rather not perpetuate bad behavior...

2 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

It seems like, other than HLJ, it's hard to trust any of these retailers.  Maybe AmiAmi? 

For me, even HLJ failed once when they took too many orders and sent out cancellation notices later (just like AE this time around). 

Having said that, I still trust HLJ, AmiAmi and AE.  I've also discovered some smaller shops that haven't done me wrong (yet), like Okiniland and Plaza Japan.  I guess when it comes to buying overseas, it's always going to be YMMV.

Edited by dafob

1 hour ago, rocketblast said:

well I'm done, I mean between NY and NIN... both of them have a bad rep on this board :\ haven't had issues with either one but I know some of you guys have tho'

Believe it or not, Nin-Nin has come through for me whenever I buy from their later rounds (marked-up prices) of a PO. The last purchases I had with them were Roy and then Roy’s Super Pack. They came through on both orders, even though their packaging was really pathetic. I have the armored VF-1J combo set on PO with them (round 3 price) from this morning, so I have some level of trust with them currently.

Best of luck with your hunt!

Note: I always use PayPal with a credit card for my purchases just in case. 

Edited by Jade20X

I went with Nin Nin as well and it is my first purchase with them at their 3rd round price. Definitely not as confident as I was to preorder from guys like HLJ & AmiAmi, but on the last Roy release I seem to remember reading about members happy with Nin Nin...What's with Paypal exchange fees they add on anyways?  

BTW, do they accept preorder cancellations without much fuss??

Edited by Angesdad

2 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

I went with Nin Nin as well and it is my first purchase with them at their 3rd round price. Definitely not as confident as I was to preorder from guys like HLJ & AmiAmi, but

on the last Roy release I seem to remember reading about members happy with Nin Nin...What's with Paypal exchange fees they add on anyways?  

I wondered after the fact if I could have chosen a different currency and avoided those fees. Since i was on the first round pricing though I just tried to click through as quick as possible :D

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

It seems like, other than HLJ, it's hard to trust any of these retailers.  Maybe AmiAmi? 

The only issue I have heard about Amiami is that they will flag you if you cancel a preorder and that some times they charge extra for shipping.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I wondered after the fact if I could have chosen a different currency and avoided those fees. Since i was on the first round pricing though I just tried to click through as quick as possible :D

I've tried, the option to change currency isn't there for some reason.

My tier 1 stores are: HLJ, Amiami, PlazaJapan, OkiniLand, HobbySearch, Anime Export, Amazon Japan, Big in Japan, and CDJapan. I've seen HLJ and Anime Export now cancel preorders that seemed successful, and Anime Export has poor customer service, but they're all legit operations and I'm not concerned with sending them my money.

Tier 2 would be Nin-Nin Game, Kurama Toys, and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. It's not that I'm worried I'll be scammed by them, more worried that I'll buy something that they won't have in stock and it will be a hassle to get a refund or I'll buy an in demand item and on the day of release they'll tell me they didn't get enough stock and I can go pound sand. 

Tier 3 at this point is pretty much just NY. It wouldn't surprise me tomorrow if their site vanished from the Internet since something has been going very wrong there for a while. 

3 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

The only issue I ever had with AmiAmi was when I had to return my Sv-51 because of the mismatched ankles. Returns there are really obnoxious. I still order most of my stuff through them, though, and they've always been super reliable delivering.

I've never had an issue with HLJ, CDJapan, and Big In Japan either (other than that I wish BIJ would change their URL :rolleyes:).

I'm never ordering from N-Y again, though; after a VF-1S and then especially the super parts fiasco, I'd rather just buy on ebay.

Never had any issues with Nin Nin. They have always delivered my items. The only problem is that they only use one layer of bubble wrap to protect your items.

Stay away from Nippon Yassan! Avoid them like the plauge.  They were great before the pandemic. Now they do not respond to anybody. I have over $800 of items with them and for the life of me they do not answer any messages or phone calls.  I even used Pay Pal to protect myself; however, my 6 months has expired. So in other words, my money is gone!

1 hour ago, jenius said:

My tier 1 stores are: HLJ, Amiami, PlazaJapan, OkiniLand, HobbySearch, Anime Export, Amazon Japan, Big in Japan, and CDJapan. I've seen HLJ and Anime Export now cancel preorders that seemed successful, and Anime Export has poor customer service, but they're all legit operations and I'm not concerned with sending them my money.

Tier 2 would be Nin-Nin Game, Kurama Toys, and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. It's not that I'm worried I'll be scammed by them, more worried that I'll buy something that they won't have in stock and it will be a hassle to get a refund or I'll buy an in demand item and on the day of release they'll tell me they didn't get enough stock and I can go pound sand. 

Tier 3 at this point is pretty much just NY. It wouldn't surprise me tomorrow if their site vanished from the Internet since something has been going very wrong there for a while. 

great way of putting them into buckets.  pretty much on point!  

6 hours ago, Angesdad said:

I went with Nin Nin as well and it is my first purchase with them at their 3rd round price. Definitely not as confident as I was to preorder from guys like HLJ & AmiAmi, but on the last Roy release I seem to remember reading about members happy with Nin Nin...What's with Paypal exchange fees they add on anyways?  

BTW, do they accept preorder cancellations without much fuss??

Not sure what the PayPal exchange fee is.  My fee came up to just over $17.00 US, and I accepted the cost because I really wanted the armored VF-1J.  Never tried to cancel with Nin-Nin before, but I’ve read others’ posts that they only give store credit. 

Edited by Jade20X

56 minutes ago, oscure7 said:

Never had any issues with Nin Nin. They have always delivered my items. The only problem is that they only use one layer of bubble wrap to protect your items.

Same experience with Nin-Nin. It was the small bubbles wrap they used, too. But, fortunately, my items came in mostly good condition (8.5/10). I had second orders of the same items from other stores that arrived in MIMB condition, and I ended up using the items I received from Nin-Nin as my set to open/display.  (I’d love to get a second armored VF-1J set, but this set is just too expensive already.)

Edited by Jade20X

While I don't trust Nippon Yasan anymore, as 1J Armored will be issued in Sep, the 6-month protection from PayPal may protect you.

Rant: I was forced to use my refund on something with inflated price.  And they wouldn't even combine my refunded "coupons" (they won't give you back money, but only shop coupons - not even shop credits) that I had to place two separate orders, meaning I needed to pay extra shipping. 

A quick change of topic here if I may.

Eventhough it was either a bombshell or a success in getting a pre-order for either the DX GBP unit itself or the complete DX 1J + GBP Full Set, is anyone going to get the upcoming Arcadia non-PF Nora 51? 

Just looking at the price of Nora's 51 right now, I have a feeling that the aggravation yesterday's pre-order drop will turn off collectors even more and say: "Screw it. I've had enough of this crap and say I permently quit collecting Macross stuff for as long as I exist". 

Well, if Macross Zero is your jam, (it isn't mine), then I don't think Bandai Pre-Order BS shenanigans will put anyone off an Arcadia product as their pre-orders do not create any drama. Which is nice....They are pricey, but it's a niche of a niche so whatever floats your cheerios as they say...

8 hours ago, drobo said:

Nippon Yassan is up, but at 38480 Yen.

Not sure if things have gotten better with Nippon Yassan, but BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/34516-dx-chogokin-macross-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo.html

Really? Pay later is not available for them? Almost every other retailers only require payment upon stock arrival. It's going to be a hard time getting that money back if they don't follow through. I wouldn't risk it. 

49 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Well, if Macross Zero is your jam, (it isn't mine), then I don't think Bandai Pre-Order BS shenanigans will put anyone off an Arcadia product as their pre-orders do not create any drama. Which is nice....They are pricey, but it's a niche of a niche so whatever floats your cheerios as they say...

Same, plus the Arcadia SV-51 is honestly a very nice (and expensive) figure. My copies are nice and stiff, rather than floppy. 

I'd definitely down for a Nora version, and maybe a CF also.

Just now, rocketblast said:

PayPal refunded my NY payment, in full.

You dodged a bullet, my friend.  The rest of us aren't so lucky 'cause we're all beyond of our dispute window.  We'll just have to live vicariously through you... :D

8 minutes ago, drobo said:

I kinda feel bad about posting NY having the combo set.  Glad you were able to get your money back.

It's alright.  Looks like I gotta wait til September.  Also I gotta get a ton of dental work done, so til then looks like I'm not saving any money :\

Edited by rocketblast

All the mentions of NY reminded me to try to use the "store credit" they gave me instead of my Fast Pack set on another pre-order item that I know won't sell out.

Apparently they only give you a year to use your store credit, then it expires and you lose any money you might have had with them. 

I'm actually not even expecting this similarly priced item from them, but giving it a shot anyway.

2 hours ago, dafob said:

You dodged a bullet, my friend.  The rest of us aren't so lucky 'cause we're all beyond of our dispute window.  We'll just have to live vicariously through you... :D

There are a few details about what was required in the dedicated NY thread in the sales forum, and with enough persistence, it might be worth trying.

5 hours ago, borgified said:

A quick change of topic here if I may.

Eventhough it was either a bombshell or a success in getting a pre-order for either the DX GBP unit itself or the complete DX 1J + GBP Full Set, is anyone going to get the upcoming Arcadia non-PF Nora 51? 

Just looking at the price of Nora's 51 right now, I have a feeling that the aggravation yesterday's pre-order drop will turn off collectors even more and say: "Screw it. I've had enough of this crap and say I permently quit collecting Macross stuff for as long as I exist". 

I pre-ordered the Ivanov Sv-51, got one with bum ankles, sent it back, and was too scared to order another for a long time. It hung around at discount on the secondary market for a while, and I eventually got it for a discount. I might do the same with Nora, or just skip. The Sv-51 is really nice, but it's rather pricey. I highly doubt it's going to suffer from the pre-order madness that the GBP did; usually Arcadia units are pretty easy to snag in comparison. The Ivanov was pretty easy to pre-order if memory serves.

4 hours ago, pablumatic said:

All the mentions of NY reminded me to try to use the "store credit" they gave me instead of my Fast Pack set on another pre-order item that I know won't sell out.

Apparently they only give you a year to use your store credit, then it expires and you lose any money you might have had with them. 

I'm actually not even expecting this similarly priced item from them, but giving it a shot anyway.

At least you got store credit.  I asked for refund or store credit and they just kept on saying that they are having management issue and are working on getting my Fast Pack shipped, but I'm sure they don't have it at all.  9 Months already; too late for any dispute window.  Just have to keep on begging them to give me store credit, will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy from NY again.

• jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - POST LINKS TO PO's HERE