MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

52 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Pulled the trigger on an eknight PO....never used them before, will see how it goes

8 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

eknight very gud

I concur. They’re great. A little slow to get stock but no taxes and free shipping. Good loyalty points

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Not sure why this happened to pop up, but head's up if anyone missed these the first time around! ^_^

https://www.hlj.com/hi-metal-r-vf-0s-phoenix-roy-focker-machine-bans63742

Wonder how good are those selling 🤔 and how good the Max variant will sell. VF-0 don't seem to be very popular these days.

For anyone still searching, USAGundamstore have a 20% off coupon on all things Macross today. (EDIT: Duh me. Might be good to include coupon code, which is "M20".)

Brings DX VF-25G down to $224 + $10 CONUS shipping + $sales tax.

Brings HMR VF-0D down to $120 + $10 CONUS shipping + $sales tax.

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

For anyone still searching, USAGundamstore have a 20% off coupon on all things Macross today. (EDIT: Duh me. Might be good to include coupon code, which is "M20".)

Brings DX VF-25G down to $224 + $10 CONUS shipping + $sales tax.

Brings HMR VF-0D down to $120 + $10 CONUS shipping + $sales tax.

nice!  not down for waiting the extra time for US customers, but at least there's a discount at usagundamstore!

Anyone ship a valk from AmiAmi recently?  My VF-25 Alto is on order there, and it's currently set to use EMS, but was wondering what current speed/pricing for other options have been lately.   (I went with air parcel for my last purchase, and I THINK it was worth the savings, barely)

Angesdad got his AmiAmi box turned into an accordion by DHL back in October.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:36 AM, Angesdad said:

dhl01.jpg.4da65d8e5905d81091b724a8a43c3372.jpgdhl03.jpg.f0d5d0f5ca7be3e111e3fe3f59ff18d3.jpg

damn my second copy arrived today from AmiAmi with quite a bit of transit damage beyond my level of acceptance. The item box inside was crushed and folded badly from impact side to side. It was shipped with DHL. I emailed AmiAmi to make a claim, anyone with the experience?

DHL seems to be hit or miss in terms of box damage. 

On my last 2 AmiAmi purchases, I went with Surface Premium.  It takes about 2 months to move but once it gets to the US it travels UPS to your home.  I had no noticeable box damage.  I don't know if it travels by boat to the US first then gets turned over to UPS or if they wait to completely fill a UPS container before shipping.

7 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Angesdad got his AmiAmi box turned into an accordion by DHL back in October.

DHL seems to be hit or miss in terms of box damage. 

On my last 2 AmiAmi purchases, I went with Surface Premium.  It takes about 2 months to move but once it gets to the US it travels UPS to your home.  I had no noticeable box damage.  I don't know if it travels by boat to the US first then gets turned over to UPS or if they wait to completely fill a UPS container before shipping.

Yeah DHL, although the fastest of the bunch, has given me grief a few times with transit damage.😔 Not sure about SAL but I've had better luck with EMS for sure.

I just generally avoid DHL if I can help it, only because they're the only delivery service I know of that has an even more convoluted delivery chain than FedEx, and their site tends to be beyond useless for trying to reschedule or hold a delivery.  They just don't seem interested in establishing any way to hold a package locally for a pick-up. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Yeah DHL, although the fastest of the bunch, has given me grief a few times with transit damage.😔 Not sure about SAL but I've had better luck with EMS for sure.

Hey @Angesdad. Just want to ask the quality of the box. Prior of that DHL shipment from Amiami, have you had any old Amiami boxes shipped from last year or so to compare it with?

From what I know Amiami uses thick boxes. Just want to know if they changed the boxes (supplier) since I haven't purchased anything from them for the last 2 years. Thanks!

@no3Ljm:
I got this 140size box from amiami maybe in January? IIRC it was shipped out via surface (premium). I think it arrived late december 2022 or early January 2023.

It does have a similar texture/feel to HLJ's smaller boxes (smooth surfaced, not rough) and not double layered. I hope this helps.

Spoiler

20230420_154230.jpg.6a77874860ab7cae2c15e2c802befadd.jpg20230420_154321.jpg.60eb64b24b4deac260cff0e56c0579ff.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

31 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

@no3Ljm:
I got this 140size box from amiami maybe in January? IIRC it was shipped out via surface (premium). I think it arrived late december 2022 or early January 2023.

It does have a similar texture/feel to HLJ's smaller boxes (smooth surfaced, not rough) and not double layered. I hope this helps.

Hide contents

20230420_154230.jpg.6a77874860ab7cae2c15e2c802befadd.jpg20230420_154321.jpg.60eb64b24b4deac260cff0e56c0579ff.jpg

Thank you sir. Really appreciate it. That still looks the same box thickness they've been using. :hi:

I'm assuming Angesdad's box was mishandled that much in transit to have that accordion look. Probably got stockpiled diagonally or thrown in the corner diagonally below some heavy boxes. :unsure:

39 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thank you sir. Really appreciate it. That still looks the same box thickness they've been using. :hi:

I'm assuming Angesdad's box was mishandled that much in transit to have that accordion look. Probably got stockpiled diagonally or thrown in the corner diagonally below some heavy boxes. :unsure:

Man you sherlock homes! thanks to your ever so descriptive explanation of what could've possibly transpired in that DHL cargo plane, I can totally visualize the box being crushed in slo mo.:crazy:

and no @no3Ljm, I don't remember what kind of box the figure was in. Not sturdy enough I'd say!

Edited by Angesdad

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Man you sherlock homes! thanks to your ever so descriptive explanation of what could've possibly transpired in that DHL cargo plane, I can totally visualize the box being crushed in slo mo.:crazy:

and no @no3Ljm, I don't remember what kind of box the figure was in. Not sturdy enough I'd say!

Thank you. Just visualizing sir. Just visualizing. :spiteful:

image.gif.bbef61679428be9cb9b02e8539ce565f.gif

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

Anyone else have Hobby-Genki email them that an item you had listed as wanted came back into stock last night?

I assume it was a glitch, or else I'd jump into a wood chipper after missing the Kakizaki DX for $200. :(

I bought it. Was thinking that they might have some remaining stock in their warehouse or smth that they might have forgotten to sell. So far they have charged me but no news if it can be fulfilled or not. Will update here later. I saw the missile packs in stock too but didn't get it.