MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

10 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Nothing yet from AmiAmi for Alto.  

Amiami been really slow lately. Sometimes it'll take days after release before I finally get a notice that it's available and to pay shipping. And then after I pay shipping I've waited as long as 9 days for said item to actually go out their door. :unknw:

EMS does tend to be one of the most expensive methods lately, and DHL will probably save you a bit.  I generally avoid them because of the insane third-party shipper shenanigans involved in them getting things to where I am, but they might be just fine for you.

I've never had any issues with air mail. It's been pretty safe. Although I'd be more cautious near Christmas. I believe it is a tad bit slower than EMS. Maybe by about a week.

Edited by DewPoint

4 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Eek, Ami-Ami wants 7600 yen for EMS!  Anyone choose a different method?  What was the price?  Wondering if I should try DHL or Air Parcel.  

Ami usually lists all their available shipping-options with their respective fees on the actual payment-request page.

If there is no payment-request, yet, then you can always ask them for estimates on the other shipping-fees.

2 hours ago, treatment said:

Ami usually lists all their available shipping-options with their respective fees on the actual payment-request page.

If there is no payment-request, yet, then you can always ask them for estimates on the other shipping-fees.

I had to go much deeper, right up to the actual "confirm payment step" but it IS there, thank you!

5100 yen for DHL from AmiAmi to US, much better than 7600 EMS.

Also---Paypal's own exchange rate is notably even more terrible than usual, it made almost a $15 difference, for Paypal vs a no-foreign-fee credit card. Look carefully at rates before you commit.  

The price is not bad at all considering the item cost over $150 for people purchasing directly at the event. Now, the fact that Bandai charged over the standard if it was converted using the current exchange rate and listed MSRP in Yen, that's a whole other story but seems to be the standard case with WWM items so far.

50 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Now, the fact that Bandai charged over the standard if it was converted using the current exchange rate and listed MSRP in Yen, that's a whole other story but seems to be the standard case with WWM items so far.

It seems all the big HG/BW deal did was to legitimize the upcharge to overseas customers via "legit" sales at local retailers...there is no reason to support the WWM campaign locally if you can still just get your Macross direct from Japan for less...Bandai isn't even trying to hide the fact that they are selling above their own listed MSRP...

12 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

It seems all the big HG/BW deal did was to legitimize the upcharge to overseas customers via "legit" sales at local retailers...there is no reason to support the WWM campaign locally if you can still just get your Macross direct from Japan for less...Bandai isn't even trying to hide the fact that they are selling above their own listed MSRP...

Totally agree. While I would like to support WWM by buying domestically, I'm not going to pay more for it so it defeats the purpose.

37 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Totally agree. While I would like to support WWM by buying domestically, I'm not going to pay more for it so it defeats the purpose.

I'll still try and support...but it now seems apparent that when a retailer does happen to have a competitive price...it's only because they are just willing to make less profit on it....probably just to try and get some future business...

I don't collect much else beyond Macross...but are they doing the same thing with their other product lines that are allowed to be sold outside of Japan?  Same type of import markups?

57 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I'll still try and support...but it now seems apparent that when a retailer does happen to have a competitive price...it's only because they are just willing to make less profit on it....probably just to try and get some future business...

I don't collect much else beyond Macross...but are they doing the same thing with their other product lines that are allowed to be sold outside of Japan?  Same type of import markups?

Yeah, from what I’ve seen, most items are upcharged. There is a reason why I almost always buy anything from SOC, SHF, SHMA, and even other items like Transformers from Japanese retailers instead of domestically. 

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It seems to have a weird price thing rather than size thing to the calculations. If something is only a few bucks it might be like $5 more, but if it’s over a hundred it’s quite a bit more with no regard to size or weight 

• 2 weeks later...

PO today 19th may at 4pm JST!

Urgh.... p-bandai and its not a 2 pack but is 2 seperate releases? 9900 yen each.

Red Hikaru and brown pedestal is included in the VF-1A kaki release....

Blue pedestal in Max release....

Edited by seti88

• jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - UPCOMING/CURRENT POs: ....ALERT!!! 2 PO's have just dropped....HMR TV VF-1A Max and TV VF-1A Kakizaki ....Tamashii Web Exclusives!......POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE
7 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

So what's the "Steak Campaign"???

LOL...so buy both and you can enter into a lottery for a gift card to get some delicious steak!  Only 5 will be awarded!  So basically you have a higher chance of not finishing your steak and dying by friendly fire...just like Kakizaki!

FwdIHSRaAAE4JWL?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by jvmacross

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

LOL...so buy both and you can enter into a lottery for a gift card to get some delicious steak!  Only 5 will be awarded!  So basically you have a higher chance of not finishing your steak and dying by friendly fire...just like Kakizaki!

FwdIHSRaAAE4JWL?format=jpg&name=900x900

That's kind of cool but I won't try to get the gift card.

Edited by sh9000