MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

Forgive my ignorance: is there a reason to buy from overseas retailers now that it's wordlwide release other than getting it earlier?  Most of the places, after computing shipping, come out more expensive than eknightmedia or tokyo otaku mode after their typical MSRP discounts

49 minutes ago, dur said:

Forgive my ignorance: is there a reason to buy from overseas retailers now that it's wordlwide release other than getting it earlier?  Most of the places, after computing shipping, come out more expensive than eknightmedia or tokyo otaku mode after their typical MSRP discounts

I guess it would also depending on which state or country you reside in. In the US most states have state sales tax that most sites are required to add on, not to mention an additional cost for shipping too.

Both the sites you linked I did not see listings for the VF-25G but if their prices for the other valks ie. VF-25F/YF-29 are an indication $255*1.10 (ie. 10% states tax) + $15 shipping = $295.5. Their prices are a bit higher than the japan msrp (due to importing, logistics, overhead, etc.)

Atm the japanese yen is still favorable for US conversion (yet that may change later at time of release for pay later sites), sites that require pay up front lock in the rate (assuming they don't try to hold a ransom for a price adjustment at time of release), ordering overseas buyers can save maybe 15-20$ at the cost of losing a night of sleep, lol.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

1 hour ago, dur said:

The biggest draw to ordering from overseas is that most domestic retailers ship from Japan by boat and then ship to you so it adds about a three month delay. 

2 hours ago, dur said:

Aside from the replies above, the other reason is collector's fear that some of the US collectible stores might not carry it, in spite of the Worldwide announcement. There's no way of knowing 100% if it's going to get posted a few days later after it got posted in Japan stores. Also, the other thing to consider is the customer service. You might get defective item from Japan and not all of the stores might able to help out international customers. The best one I can think of is still HLJ when it comes to customer service. But do remember that most Japan customer service only catered to local customers, not international. On the other hand, the advantage I know of getting it stateside is that the chances of getting refunded in full when the item is defective.

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Aside from the replies above, the other reason is collector's fear that some of the US collectible stores might not carry it, in spite of the Worldwide announcement. 

Yep, i'm missing the PO from the japs site and betting it on my local store just to heard that they might not opening Pre order for them. Reason being that the PO number from the previous ones (alto's) is not enough and they probably got couple's extra as shelf warmer. Still waiting answer from others store though.

7 hours ago, dur said:

My VF-25G pre-order was $218.96, not including shipping (which is probably going to be around ($30-$50).

Compared to Amazon's price of the VF-25F super pack of $280, plus almost $30 more in tax... (As an estimate of Amazon's VF-25G price).

In case anyone missed up to now:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/236875

Higher base price plus sales tax in the US, but dirt cheap shipping, so maybe it'll work out?  Anyway, it's a solid backup if you missed the other openings, but there will probably be plenty available at Japanese retailers on release day.

26 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

In case anyone missed up to now:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/236875

Higher base price plus sales tax in the US, but dirt cheap shipping, so maybe it'll work out?  Anyway, it's a solid backup if you missed the other openings, but there will probably be plenty available at Japanese retailers on release day.

Thanks!  Just placed my pre-order, since I missed out on pre-ordering thru AmiAmi, HLJ, AmazonJP, CDJapan, etc.

Just showed up on RightStuf for pre-order....

image.png.54dc3fb5d551bc91df7e939b6ce759fc.png

Darn it... now I regret the pre-order I did at BBTS... sigh.  RightStuf is $18 cheaper and does not require a $29 non-refundable deposit the way BBTS does.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

A bit pricier than buying from Japan, but at least it's available for anyone to buy without hassle which is a good thing.

rightstufprice.JPG.3bc6e8843755d769ed6382a9fe7d0193.JPG

When I hover onto the 'Surcharge', it says the item in the Cart isn't eligible for Free Shipping. So that means aside from the Surcharge and Tax fee, there might be a Shipping fee down the line when the item gets released, correct? So upon inspection, it looks like there's no big difference from getting it from BBTS or RSA.

11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, the only domestic retailer I really consider is BBTS, just because they offer $4 shipping.  If you you're still paying full shipping, plus other "surcharges" on top of that, the benefits quickly disappear.

Rightstuf stopped doing their free shipping perk after Sony/Crunchy bought them. It’s sometimes cheaper to look at the available shipping options and choose one. If you go that route at RS, you pay actual shipping but skip the surcharge and sometimes luck out with a cheaper shipping quote. Also, if you have a GotAnime? membership and they aren’t blocking it on a pre-order, that adds another small discount.

For instance, my price after shipping, tax, and discounts is $302.90. The GotAnime? discount helps if you are shopping there often.

But for figures and specialty items, I’ve noticed that RS tends to receive their stock last, so that’s something else to be aware of too. 

Edit: For comparison, here’s the total with $4 shipping plus tax from BBTS to my door: $312.36.

Edited by technoblue