MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

How much is a 1/60 0D again? 😂 

Just pulling your leg. Your 💲, your choice and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Plus the fact a1/60 OD is truly a beautiful model esp with the PF version, HMR isn't even in the same territory.

It's just gotten way too silly now mostly due to the rise of parallel importers and Bandai being quite a dick about jp-shops allocations.

We used to compete for PO against the local japanese scalpers, but at least the regular japanese-shops were offering nice discounts (10% to 20%) then.

Nowadays, big nope.  All jp-shops set the pricing at full MSRP (most with tokyo-tax added already).

And still the parallel importers always hooovers up all avaiable POs with their bots.

Welp! It is what it is. 

And then one may get lucky enough to get Bandai'd when the item gets delivered...

😝

4 hours ago, technoblue said:

Did Amazon Japan even list their own pre-orders for the 0D? Anyone know? I saw the page and it went from unavailable to orders from third-party sellers only. Now I’m a little curious what Amazon’s actual price was. LoL!

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

All around amazonJapan is pretty expensive but I slept all night.

I shudder to think what that Orguss potentially costs at someplace like BBTS though.

The usual local japanese scalper-shops/"third-party" were doing their usual gatekeeping of amz-jp last nite. 

I saw at least 30K-yen + 12k-yen shipping for either HM-R last nite (Orguss and 0D). I think they're still at it, but at 25k-yen or so now.

It's quite slapstick hilarious...

😂

1 hour ago, treatment said:

The usual local japanese scalper-shops/"third-party" were doing their usual gatekeeping of amz-jp last nite. 

I saw at least 30K-yen + 12k-yen shipping for either HM-R last nite (Orguss and 0D). I think they're still at it, but at 25k-yen or so now.

😂

*nods* I was seeing the same wild prices. 

A similar thing happens over on the UK Amazon site for pop-culture items like Doctor Who. I’m just not sure if it is scalpers getting in the way or if it’s an Amazon policy to help domestic buyers get first dibs on these popular items. Probably a little bit of both — lol.

7 hours ago, treatment said:

It's just gotten way too silly now mostly due to the rise of parallel importers and Bandai being quite a dick about jp-shops allocations.

We used to compete for PO against the local japanese scalpers, but at least the regular japanese-shops were offering nice discounts (10% to 20%) then.

Nowadays, big nope.  All jp-shops set the pricing at full MSRP (most with tokyo-tax added already).

And still the parallel importers always hooovers up all avaiable POs with their bots.

Welp! It is what it is. 

And then one may get lucky enough to get Bandai'd when the item gets delivered...

😝

😂

Some JP shops do have non JP tax rates but it depends on the popularity of the item i suppose...

Amazon scammers! 30k! ...i wonder how they got it listed under bandai's official link too...

13 hours ago, technoblue said:

Did Amazon Japan even list their own pre-orders for the 0D? Anyone know? I saw the page and it went from unavailable to orders from third-party sellers only. Now I’m a little curious what Amazon’s actual price was. LoL!

I've given up on AJ for POs. For the past year I've consistently seen Macross items go from unavailable to third party sellers instantly. No chance at all to place an order at MSRP. I even tried using a VPN so it would look like I was shopping from inside Japan, thinking AJ was restricting item visibility by IP address. Same outcome. Maybe there are some scalpers with hyper-efficient bots targeting AJ now? :unknw:

19 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I've given up on AJ for POs. For the past year I've consistently seen Macross items go from unavailable to third party sellers instantly. No chance at all to place an order at MSRP. I even tried using a VPN so it would look like I was shopping from inside Japan, thinking AJ was restricting item visibility by IP address. Same outcome. Maybe there are some scalpers with hyper-efficient bots targeting AJ now? :unknw:

Yeah somewhat impossible to get PO's in at AJ; it has joined Hobby Search & CDJ as unicorns. The good thing about AJ though, based on past few releases, there's always quantities available on release day.

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Yeah somewhat impossible to get PO's in at AJ; it has joined Hobby Search & CDJ as unicorns. The good thing about AJ though, based on past few releases, there's always quantities available on release day.

CDJ was always a nice alternative...oh well..

Wishing more onl retailers do more of this staggered/delayed release, like what ami did for this 0d release....might help deter scalpers too...

8 minutes ago, betocc said:

By the way, they offer Pay Later

For anyone looking to support BW's attempts  to make Macross relevant outside of Japan by asking non-Japanese collectors to spend more money and wait longer to receive their items...:rolleyes:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/234137?utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marketing&utm_content=

PRE-ORDER

Estimated to arrive October 2023

$179.99

$18.00 Non-Refundable
Down Payment Required

11 hours ago, betocc said:

oh. Havent heard of em. Newly established?

6 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

Remember when that was what we paid for 1/48 and 1/60 scale Valkyries?

EDIT: And that was for perfect transformation, these are parts-formers.

Too painful a memory. Hidden away and only re-surfaces for a bit after new order confirmations.:bigshok:

39 minutes ago, seti88 said:

oh. Havent heard of em. Newly established?

Not sure when they started but I have been ordering stuff from them since October 2022. Actually they were mentioned on this forum by someone, so I took a look, so far no problems with them.