MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I think the price is acceptable... if there's no US sales tax involve. I mean, the current exchange puts this around US$197. Plus $40-50 international shipping. I think that price is ok.

You'll have to look elsewhere.  Bbts charges tax.

I ordered the Max 29 from there with FedEx shipping (~$10).  Same base price came to $281 but that's with 7% New Mexico tax.

Of course it was a slightly bitter pill it took do long to shop overseas places were selling it on sale by the time mine shipped.

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

You'll have to look elsewhere.  Bbts charges tax.

I ordered the Max 29 from there with FedEx shipping (~$10).  Same base price came to $281 but that's with 7% New Mexico tax.

Of course it was a slightly bitter pill it took do long to shop overseas places were selling it on sale by the time mine shipped.

I know. I, for one, will still get it abroad. But what I'm just saying on my previous reply is that if there's no 'sales tax' involve, it's acceptable. Being that it's hassle-free to order it stateside than ordering it from Japanese online stores during PO night.

13 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I wouldn't call that a sales tax, so much as a sanity tax. :lol: 

The differences do add up over time, but I've been happy to get a few releases from BBTS after missing the preorders.  It's nice to have a backup, even if they get there a few months late.

Sanity tax. :spiteful:

The only good thing when you purchase it stateside is that when there's problem with it, you can easily return it or replace it if they still have stocks which I doubt for Macross (Bandai) stuff.

8 minutes ago, ridgeback said:

With a 3 month delay from official release date?

Looks like it. It's already a given that if it's going to be available stateside, it will be available months after it gets released in Japan. By then, if you don't like what you're seeing on the reviews, you can easily cancel it. :rolleyes:

Atleast it's Free Shipping. :good: 

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like it. It's already a given that if it's going to be available stateside, it will be available months after it gets released in Japan. By then, if you don't like what you're seeing on the reviews, you can easily cancel it. :rolleyes:

Atleast it's Free Shipping. :good: 

Well not to Canada. It's either $68 DHL or $102 with USPS :(

11 minutes ago, ridgeback said:

With a 3 month delay from official release date?

yeah...that's how WWM works...Bandai is not at "world-wide concurrent" releases for these Macross items at the moment...perhaps they never will be...

So many were complaining when Macross was not available outside of Japan and now that it is, if there is no support for it, eventually they will be just as hard to get here as they are directly from Japan due to lack of purchases via local retailers...no retailer is interested in shelf-warmer product

11 minutes ago, ridgeback said:

Well not to Canada. It's either $68 DHL or $102 with USPS :(

That's from Entertainment Earth shipping quote? If it is, then it's best to get it directly from Japan. It's still available over Anime-Export and Hobby-Genki.

https://www.anime-export.com/index.php?product=64652

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/13282-dx-chogokin-vf-31ax-kairos-plus-hayate-immerman-machine-macross-delta-the-movie-4573102649676.html

Edit: I added Hobby Genki.

Edited by no3Ljm

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Is this the one? https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-150451

It says Preorders Closed. Did this link went live last night?

Welp, for some reason on chrome it still says "on sale soon", but once I switch to firefox it's indeed closed. Looks like anime-export it is.

Goddamn google.

vI4FAVZ.png

Edited by ridgeback

5 minutes ago, ridgeback said:

Welp, for some reason on chrome it still says "on sale soon", but once I switch to firefox it's indeed closed. Looks like anime-export it is.

Goddamn google.

vI4FAVZ.png

Good to know that it's probably just web browser issue. Atleast you can try it again later following the said Japan time on the page. Anyways, good luck! :good: 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Preorder for DX VF-31AX Kairos Plus SUPER GHOST Set will start on February 5, 2023 11pm JST.
May 2023 Release for Y11000. Tamashii Web Exclusive / P-Bandai release.

Bandai really wants to milk the molds and production line, don't they? Original AX release, then the Ghost parts, then AX reissue, then both together. Next will be a Hayate and Mirage AX combo set, then that with Ghost parts for each. We're more likely to see that happening than a DX Max and Millia Super VF-1J combo set. <_<

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

Bandai really wants to milk the molds and production line, don't they? Original AX release, then the Ghost parts, then AX reissue, then both together. Next will be a Hayate and Mirage AX combo set, then that with Ghost parts for each. We're more likely to see that happening than a DX Max and Millia Super VF-1J combo set. <_<

Okay, I should have read more closely. Long day. This is another round of the Ghost sets.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Preorder for DX VF-31AX Kairos Plus SUPER GHOST Set will start on February 5, 2023 11pm JST.
May 2023 Release for Y11000. Tamashii Web Exclusive / P-Bandai release.

I think the Ghost set will only be available until the 5th and not start. Unless there was some kind of announcement made that it'll be extended/reopened.
image.png.8f426abca382345cb8629d85d8d8d411.png

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

yeah...that's how WWM works...Bandai is not at "world-wide concurrent" releases for these Macross items at the moment...perhaps they never will be...

So many were complaining when Macross was not available outside of Japan and now that it is, if there is no support for it, eventually they will be just as hard to get here as they are directly from Japan due to lack of purchases via local retailers...no retailer is interested in shelf-warmer product

If anything, I was expecting (and hoping) that Bandai was trying to build their US market beyond Diamond getting them into comic shops to big box brick and mortar chain stores like Target and Walmart (since they have already gotten into those stores with Gundam, and have established the relationships with their buyers and distribution infrastructure).

Edited by Radioguy

On 2/2/2023 at 10:34 PM, Radioguy said:

If anything, I was expecting (and hoping) that Bandai was trying to build their US market beyond Diamond getting them into comic shops to big box brick and mortar chain stores like Target and Walmart (since they have already gotten into those stores with Gundam, and have established the relationships with their buyers and distribution infrastructure).

For Macross?  There's a big difference between a $50 model kit at Target and a $200 plane nobody has ever heard of.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:15 PM, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I think the Ghost set will only be available until the 5th and not start. Unless there was some kind of announcement made that it'll be extended/reopened.
image.png.8f426abca382345cb8629d85d8d8d411.png

Why do a world wide release of the base fighter and then make the expansion parts Japan only?

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Why do a world wide release of the base fighter and then make the expansion parts Japan only?

idk... that's bandai marketing for you. But to tbf I presume the ghost set was originally announced to compliment the first edition release of the VF-31AX Hayate.

Bandai may prob bring the ghost to the PBUS market later idk...

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

For Macross?  There's a big difference between a $50 model kit at Target and a $200 plane nobody has ever heard of.

Actually, yes. SHMA had been found in Target even while NECA was there. Bandai was definitely trying. Plus Target has at least one $100+ Masterpiece Transformer in store every year, so high-priced figures are not unprecedented.

Also, the Jada Robotech cars are in Target, so the franchise in one form or another is on Target's buyer's radar.

Edited by Radioguy

On 2/4/2023 at 1:49 AM, Radioguy said:

Actually, yes. SHMA had been found in Target even while NECA was there. Bandai was definitely trying. Plus Target has at least one $100+ Masterpiece Transformer in store every year, so high-priced figures are not unprecedented.

Also, the Jada Robotech cars are in Target, so the franchise in one form or another is on Target's buyer's radar.

None of this is a compelling reason for Target to want to put a $200+ Macross item on the shelf.  Robotech Cars mean nothing and attempting to compare a $100 Transformer from one of the largest franchises on the planet to a $200+ toy from a series nobody knows about makes zero sense to Target.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:57 PM, Mommar said:

None of this is a compelling reason for Target to want to put a $200+ Macross item on the shelf.  Robotech Cars mean nothing and attempting to compare a $100 Transformer from one of the largest franchises on the planet to a $200+ toy from a series nobody knows about makes zero sense to Target.

You skipped over SHMA, which is on par with HMR pricing now, so yeah, it makes sense since they have already gotten product in stores.

I get that Macross is not Godzilla, or Transformers, but I'd argue Gundam folks would know, or at least try, Macross items in a big box store like that. I'm sure Bandai sold past buyers with such pitches to even get the Gundam stuff in there.

• 2 weeks later...

6DA06198-C747-43E4-8D47-3B35E03D15D7.jpeg.d1b329c4dd75ddf67149b7e062be5cce.jpeg

HLJ charges the same shipping with Fedex or DHL if I ship 1 or 2 HMR VF-1S Super Valkyries so I'm having 2 of them shipped.

9595E31F-534C-4732-BF53-6F2CB58C0B64.jpeg.3a3c6c16a456b3fe7dda333eef029d80.jpeg

These are the cheapest shipping rates for me at Hobby-Genki to ship out 2.

The 1 I have at Hobby Search will be shipped with surface for 2080 JPY.

No shipping email from Amiami yet.

Edited by sh9000

Anyone get an "in stock and ready to ship" notice from Anime Export for the VF-1S? The one I ordered from HLJ has been ready to ship for more than a day now, but radio silence from AE so far. Unusual for them. They're almost always among the first shops to ship POs, which is one reason why I order from them. A small delay isn't a big deal. If it turns into a week or more, then I'll start to worry.