MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

I'm amazed I got one at AmiAmi----I logged into my account about 5 mins before it opened, refreshed every minute or so "just in case"---then the moment it showed up, I added to cart----but it made me log in again to actually check out!Ā  Typed as fast as I could, and it went through.Ā  Ā 

1 minute ago, David Hingtgen said:

I'm amazed I got one at AmiAmi----I logged into my account about 5 mins before it opened, refreshed every minute or so "just in case"---then the moment it showed up, I added to cart----but it made me log in again to actually check out!Ā  Typed as fast as I could, and it went through.Ā  Ā 

yup me too... was on my laptop had to use my trackpad to navigate but got it .... didn't even last 20 sec until it closed... freaking crazy

Just for fun I refreshed Amiami's page every occasionally, but it doesn't appear the PO reopened again this time. I thought Amiami would drip release the quantities several times like that they did on the past few PO, but doesn't seem to be the case here.

Bbts is a base of $85 more than I paid at anime export. Add in tax and shipping, thatā€™s still about $60-$70 less at anime exportā€¦

So glad I managed to order from a Japanese seller. Even with the pay ahead (which means I locked in the good exchange rate).

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Bbts is a base of $85 more than I paid at anime export. Add in tax and shipping, thatā€™s still about $60-$70 less at anime exportā€¦

So glad I managed to order from a Japanese seller. Even with the pay ahead (which means I locked in the good exchange rate).

Same here. Opted to pay up front at AE to take advantage of the current exchange rate. It's how I was able to justify (to myself) purchasing Arcadia's plush gunpod, too!

I was curious to see how big of a markup we'd be dealing with for the worldwide release. Given that the MSRP in Japan, without taxes, is Ā„26,000 ($180), the markup is $100. That's 56% higher, which is significant. It's not the fault of BBTS or the other stores offering it outside of Japan--unless they're all part of some extremely well-organized secret toy store syndicate that ensures higher prices. I think we've established, after a few of these WWM releases, that Bandai just decided it was in their best interest to jack up the prices for stores overseas, who then pass that additional cost on to us. They're probably wagering that we're all more willing to hand over 56% more money instead of having to deal with PO Madness and scalpers. Are they right? I don't know.

21 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

That's a little over 2 bucks more than what I paid Hobby Genki to get mine shipped to my door....tempting, but willing to wait and see if anyone lists it for lower....if I had not procured any I'd jump on this one...

Is this place reliable?Ā  How about their care in packaging?

Ā 

**edit**

LOL....apparently I ordered a Max-29 through them...hope they come through!

Also noticed...3 per customer...maybeĀ  Bandai anticipated a higher demand for this one...

Edited by jvmacross

10 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

BBTS is about $10 more (before tax) than my Nin-Nin order with EMS, thanks to that $10.53 "exchange fee".Ā 

I have a ticket in to see if I can re-pay in JPY without losing my place in line, wonder if that will get anywhere...

As expected, they told me I was out of luck. I was told to "be more vigilant" next time.

Edited by MikeRoz

9 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Same here. Opted to pay up front at AE to take advantage of the current exchange rate. It's how I was able to justify (to myself) purchasing Arcadia's plush gunpod, too!

I was curious to see how big of a markup we'd be dealing with for the worldwide release. Given that the MSRP in Japan, without taxes, is Ā„26,000 ($180), the markup is $100. That's 56% higher, which is significant. It's not the fault of BBTS or the other stores offering it outside of Japan--unless they're all part of some extremely well-organized secret toy store syndicate that ensures higher prices. I think we've established, after a few of these WWM releases, that Bandai just decided it was in their best interest to jack up the prices for stores overseas, who then pass that additional cost on to us. They're probably wagering that we're all more willing to hand over 56% more money instead of having to deal with PO Madness and scalpers. Are they right? I don't know.

$280 US price tag effectively puts the MSRP at a little over 40000 yen.

That's more expensive than the Arcadia SV-51 which is only 36800 yen.

40k for a toy where Bandai absolutely cut corners in its original design and now reissued with their current level of quality control? No thanks.

26 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

That's shipped with no tax outside CA....Best deal so far...

It would actually. But buying anything from CA no matter what state we're in, is subject to California sales tax.Ā :unsure:

Edited by no3Ljm