Jump to content

Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021


jvmacross

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Looks like my Luna -1D is finally arriving.....guess they will stay on my list of PO backup retailers for now

So far my tracking is unchanged saying only label created.  But hopefully this means movement is imminent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine finally showed movement after I sent my 4th email to them asking about it and hinted that I may need to contact my Credit Card company and file a dispute. Got a response from them saying the delay was due to the Olympics and that they had over 200 orders and 170 have been sent out already. The rest would be sent out this week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, glane21 said:

So far my tracking is unchanged saying only label created.  But hopefully this means movement is imminent.

I just received it.....It is quite possible that they just had not received all of their orders (one of my proxies just received my orders last week)...or some were just late stragglers from the initial shipment from Bandai....either way.....you may want to step up the pressure.......my last email basically just asked them to ship it or refund it...YMMV

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool.  I have an item ordered at Luna Park and I’m sure it will come in.

The Takani VF-1D Gerwalk is on my list.  I’ll probably use the stand since both feet are off the ground.  I think the legs can be posed closer to the art but if the legs are meant to be further apart to balance on the ground itself then I’ll see if that can be adjusted.  I’ll be using the TV hands and especially the missiles that are distinct to the art.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure I'll get some lame admonition about patience and the virtues of deferred gratification from an old Gene Wilder movie, but 19 days and counting since Luna Park sent me an email with tracking notification, which was to nothing more than a label being generated with DHL, and nothing, not even a courtesy message to keep me in the loop.  I'm beginning to think that I will never see my copy and my money is gone, and I reenfacize my statement that this was my first and last dealings with this particular vendor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

I'm sure I'll get some lame admonition about patience and the virtues of deferred gratification from an old Gene Wilder movie, but 19 days and counting since Luna Park sent me an email with tracking notification, which was to nothing more than a label being generated with DHL, and nothing, not even a courtesy message to keep me in the loop.  I'm beginning to think that I will never see my copy and my money is gone, and I reenfacize my statement that this was my first and last dealings with this particular vendor.

So you have not replied to them in those 19 days?   I must have sent at least half a dozen emails to them since they "created the label"....My last message to them was to "ship it or refund it"...next thing you know it was on it's way.....so either they blinked, the timing was uncanny, or they actually had not received all of their stock yet and were stalling....in either case, they have very poor communications....I never received the excuse about the "olympics", so not sure if that is true or why it would even be an issue.......although I am glad they came through with my item, I am not sure if I feel risking giving them another chance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

So you have not replied to them in those 19 days?   I must have sent at least half a dozen emails to them since they "created the label"....My last message to them was to "ship it or refund it"...next thing you know it was on it's way.....so either they blinked, the timing was uncanny, or they actually had not received all of their stock yet and were stalling....in either case, they have very poor communications....I never received the excuse about the "olympics", so not sure if that is true or why it would even be an issue.......although I am glad they came through with my item, I am not sure if I feel risking giving them another chance

You're right, I should send them a strongly worded message ASAP, but I was trying to exercise some patience - no more.  I did send them a message originally which prompted them to send me the tracking label BS email with their boilerplate excuse for their delay, but that was, as I've stated, 19 days ago.  Thank you for the kick in the pants I needed... patience is for suckers!  Either way, they have forever burned that bridge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mechaninac said:

You're right, I should send them a strongly worded message ASAP, but I was trying to exercise some patience - no more.  I did send them a message originally which prompted them to send me the tracking label BS email with their boilerplate excuse for their delay, but that was, as I've stated, 19 days ago.  Thank you for the kick in the pants I needed... patience is for suckers!  Either way, they have forever burned that bridge. 

Good on you. Don't accept any BS or NY-style stalling tactics from sellers who can't get their sh** together. I have no more patience for such shenanigans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Emailed Luna Park yesterday and got a response within hours assuring me that my DX was confirmed to be going out by Monday or Tuesday of this upcoming week; I intend to hold them to that promise.  If nothing happens by Thursday, I'm demanding shipment or refund.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Emailed Luna Park yesterday and got a response within hours assuring me that my DX was confirmed to be going out by Monday or Tuesday of this upcoming week; I intend to hold them to that promise.  If nothing happens by Thursday, I'm demanding shipment or refund.

yeah...I think it is a "squeky wheel" situation :aggressive:...but not sure what their endgame would be...to hope customers forget they had orders?  Then sell the stock at current market values?  If so, we may have another NY on our hands...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honest answer to the second part of your question....no. It isn't elongated enough to look like it actually should look in the real world. Only the 1:72 model kit does that. However I think the little HM-R VF-1D actually got it a tiny bit closer from a side view than the DX does. 

Edited by derex3592
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guyffon said:

A question to all 1D owners, is the canopy elongated compared to a standard vf-1, and also, if it’s elongated, is it elongated enough?

ryeyeP1040822.jpg.5b69e9ab2f650e95bf21f5aa8404cfa7.jpg

It's about half a centimeter longer than the standard canopy, which is long enough to look good, but not long enough to fit instruments/control yoke/foot room for the instructor's seat.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know what's odd to me about the canopy length.. I believe the HMR VF-1D actually had a proportionally longer one.  Might be because they didn't have to worry about an opening canopy and heatshield fitting under the chest.

It's not terrible, but it's pretty much the same as the Yamato 1/60 in that regard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

You know what's odd to me about the canopy length.. I believe the HMR VF-1D actually had a proportionally longer one.  Might be because they didn't have to worry about an opening canopy and heatshield fitting under the chest.

It's not terrible, but it's pretty much the same as the Yamato 1/60 in that regard.

You can cheat a lot when you parts swap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Props to both @sh9000 and @jvmacross. I thoroughly enjoy these DX artwork composites.

Next challenge: Also replace the VF-1S Roy lurking in the background. 😂

image.png.fa53436fde1bec350d48b9892eae2797.png

Thanks!

If @sh9000is up to it, I could definitely incorporate them into the pic!

I did make some tweaks to the original posted image.....most are subtle....see if you can spot them! 👀

large.1442242392_TakaniDXVF1D6.jpg.8de00

 

Edited by jvmacross
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Californium said:

ryeyeP1040822.jpg.5b69e9ab2f650e95bf21f5aa8404cfa7.jpg

It's about half a centimeter longer than the standard canopy, which is long enough to look good, but not long enough to fit instruments/control yoke/foot room for the instructor's seat.  

 

But I’m sure it could be done if Bandai tried hard enough.

image.jpeg.403b6d479ed3fa27102513e6458a20fa.jpeg
 

image.jpeg.edf75d5c6af76ce34636f069a0b5f976.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If only the DX could have the arm attachment for the escape cockpit.

C’mon Bandai. We have faith in you.

image.jpeg.c195f12af83de412fb2c6e4110908300.jpeg

Maybe a second console that swivels out of the way.

image.jpeg.6069d3db8e930c53da3ed461f9f6c1ed.jpeg
 

Now that you know, it should not be too hard to make the next one perfect.

You can do it!

image.jpeg.c1dd73b4e1c02a848e5357cd067187a6.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 11:08 AM, jvmacross said:

yeah...I think it is a "squeky wheel" situation :aggressive:...but not sure what their endgame would be...to hope customers forget they had orders?  Then sell the stock at current market values?  If so, we may have another NY on our hands...

Have to say JVmacross was right on this one. After his had shipped and he suggested I lodge a refund threat with them, I gave them a few more days and still no change.  So on Sunday I replied to their last response to me, so that it had the full thread history, and said just refund me and I ’ll buy it elsewhere.  Got a quick response and today my tracking shows it departed Nagoya. 
 

So on the one hand, yay it shipped and I’m not taking another Nippon Yasan up the backside.  On the other, I also preordered the GBP through Luna so may have to go through this dance again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, glane21 said:

Have to say JVmacross was right on this one. After his had shipped and he suggested I lodge a refund threat with them, I gave them a few more days and still no change.  So on Sunday I replied to their last response to me, so that it had the full thread history, and said just refund me and I ’ll buy it elsewhere.  Got a quick response and today my tracking shows it departed Nagoya. 
 

So on the one hand, yay it shipped and I’m not taking another Nippon Yasan up the backside.  On the other, I also preordered the GBP through Luna so may have to go through this dance again.

Glad you finally got them to send you your VF-1D. I find it strange that the excuse they gave many of us was that their officers were in Tokyo during the Olympics and that was why they could not ship them out during those 2 weeks. And now yours is coming out of Nagoya which is a bit of a distance from their offices in Tokyo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...