Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

I just received mine from Luna Park after DHL sent it to the wrong province by mistake.  It was unfortunate what happened with DHL sending them out in only a plastic bag and I received mine with some minor damage on the box inside. Through out the process, Luna Park has always replied quickly and cooperated with me to resolve the issue. They might not have been able to resolve it that very instant but they clearly did their best and I never got the impression that they were trying anything greasy. I think DHL was the failure here. We have all been burned by NY before and certainly none of us want to experience that kind of BS again, but I don't think that is Luna Parks intention. We are still able to receive our premium toys during a pandemic, that in itself is something to be happy about.

Edited by dot.mog

On 8/15/2021 at 5:32 PM, eggy99 said:

Props to both @sh9000 and @jvmacross. I thoroughly enjoy these DX artwork composites.

Next challenge: Also replace the VF-1S Roy lurking in the background. 😂

image.png.fa53436fde1bec350d48b9892eae2797.png

Thanks.  I’d probably use HMR for the Regult and VF-1S.

Cool pic @jvmacross.  :good:

Edited by sh9000

Add me to the list of Luna Park delayed 1D deliveries.  It was shipped without a brown bandai shipping box, wrapped in a single layer of thin bubble wrap, then in the DHL bag.  All 8 corners have been damaged.  I emailed Luna Park, and they have been responsive to my emails, but I'm waiting to see what they intend to do to remedy my order.  

I do have the GBP armor pre-ordered with them, which is something I will cancel if they don't make good on the 1D.  

2 hours ago, jzwolen said:

Add me to the list of Luna Park delayed 1D deliveries.  It was shipped without a brown bandai shipping box, wrapped in a single layer of thin bubble wrap, then in the DHL bag.  All 8 corners have been damaged.  I emailed Luna Park, and they have been responsive to my emails, but I'm waiting to see what they intend to do to remedy my order.  

I haven't purchased anything yet from Luna Park. Is it correct that most of the members here who bought from Luna Park, receives theirs in DHL bags? Not even in a box?

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I haven't purchased anything yet from Luna Park. Is it correct that most of the members here who bought from Luna Park, receives theirs in DHL bags? Not even in a box?

From everything I have read it appears that Luna Park just bubbled wrapped the box and then put a plastic DHL bags around it and sent it out that way. I received mine yesterday and the box was crushed and dented. At this point it seems as thou Luna Park does a poor job of packaging their stuff. Has anyone else order a different item and have the same experience with the poor packaging?

So, according to earlier communication from Luna Park: they had subcontracted DHL to do the packaging and shipping. So they just handed the bare boxes to DHL, who then decided to toss them into bags and be done with it.

Hopefully on the next release they're better.

16 minutes ago, Norland said:

From everything I have read it appears that Luna Park just bubbled wrapped the box and then put a plastic DHL bags around it and sent it out that way. I received mine yesterday and the box was crushed and dented. At this point it seems as thou Luna Park does a poor job of packaging their stuff. Has anyone else order a different item and have the same experience with the poor packaging?

Thanks for the reply, @Norland:hi:

I have to agree that they did a poor job on the packaging side. Maybe they just got too busy making vlog posts that they forgot to pay attention on the packaging side. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So, according to earlier communication from Luna Park: they had subcontracted DHL to do the packaging and shipping. So they just handed the bare boxes to DHL, who then decided to toss them into bags and be done with it.

That kind of felt like a pointing-finger situation. As a seller, they should be held responsible for the things they ship. We're already paying extra for DHL service, they should've protected the item inside somehow.

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That kind of felt like a pointing-finger situation. As a seller, they should be held responsible for the things they ship. We're already paying extra for DHL service, they should've protected the item inside somehow.

Yes, they are responsible, but it seemed more like a "we tried a subcontractor, which didn't work" than them deciding that bubblewrap and a sack was sufficient on their own.

I'm going to wait and see how they handle future releases before they go on the naughty list alongside NY.

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yes, they are responsible, but it seemed more like a "we tried a subcontractor, which didn't work" than them deciding that bubblewrap and a sack was sufficient on their own.

I'm going to wait and see how they handle future releases before they go on the naughty list alongside NY.

Hopefully members who bought from them with damage boxes can get some kind of reimbursement for it. 🤞

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hopefully members who bought from them with damage boxes can get some kind of reimbursement for it. 🤞

I wouldn't hold my breath. I emailed them about my concern about the poor packaging that others were reporting and they just choose to ignore it and ship it out the same way they did. This was 2 weeks after everyone was reporting and they claimed it was due to DHL not being able to pick up the packages due to the Olympics. So to me their story of giving it to a 3rd party to package and stuff doesn't seem to flow since everyone's package was packaged the same way regardless if it went out first or 3 weeks later. Luna Park never offered anything other than just the same excuse of a third party and being delayed by the Olympics. For me personally I wouldn't put them in the same category as NY but they are now down at the bottom of the list of places to do business with. Pretty much last resort if I can't get it anywhere else.

On 8/16/2021 at 2:54 PM, dot.mog said:

I just received mine from Luna Park after DHL sent it to the wrong province by mistake.  It was unfortunate what happened with DHL sending them out in only a plastic bag and I received mine with some minor damage on the box inside. Through out the process, Luna Park has always replied quickly and cooperated with me to resolve the issue. They might not have been able to resolve it that very instant but they clearly did their best and I never got the impression that they were trying anything greasy. I think DHL was the failure here. We have all been burned by NY before and certainly none of us want to experience that kind of BS again, but I don't think that is Luna Parks intention. We are still able to receive our premium toys during a pandemic, that in itself is something to be happy about.

Luna Park.....that you? :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Luna Park.....that you? :rolleyes:

No. I just felt that it was an unfortunate situation but they did what they could and always replied to me. I felt this was an adequate response. 

wefw.jpg.9b7e313326a1c09bae15f50c959b20f2.jpg

Edited by dot.mog
added image

4 hours ago, dot.mog said:

No. I just felt that it was an unfortunate situation but they did what they could and always replied to me. I felt this was an adequate response. 

wefw.jpg.9b7e313326a1c09bae15f50c959b20f2.jpg

LOL...yes, same response several here got.....it seems they "replied" to a lot of members here...over and over again.....and several are still waiting...;)

I blame Luna Park.........a package is the responsibility of the seller/sender until it arrives at its destination

Edited by jvmacross

21 hours ago, Norland said:

To be clear the first packages sent out, like mine, were not even bubble wrapped. It was just the VF-1D box in a DHL bag with no protection whatsoever. All corners on mine were a bit crushed. I believe that after they received complaints they started wrapping them a little better with bubble wrap at least. My Roy was also shipped in nothing but a Fed Ex bag from Japan so my last two releases have damaged boxes. The Roy was from an Ebay seller.

Luna Park has stated that they are now packaging their shipments themselves to avoid issues, but it`s taking a lot longer because they don`t have a lot of staff. That`s why some people have had to wait a long time. I`m assuming they paid DHL to pack their shipments at first because they don`t really have a shipping dept.

I received my VF-1D yesterday from Luna Park. They did ship it from Tokyo and it was packed semi okay. It was in a box with the Tamashi Nations brown box as well. The box that it was shipped in was kinda thin like a package envelope. It had folded card board inside to fill the empty spaces. And a couple fragile stickers on the outside. 

PXL_20210818_152625068.jpg

yeah I sent Luna Park a pretty stern email about the delays and stuff.  Was my 4th email to them.

Finally it started moving in the DHL system and should be here by weekend.

This was the last reply i got from them.

Thanks for your message.

Please do not worry, most of VF-1D have been shipped out already, and we have received some comments about packaging issue (DHL didn't warp the item properly, as they didn't use bubble wrap for the brown premium bandai box).

We called back some of those parcels which haven't been shipped out yet, your one is one of those parcels, we will wrap it with care, to make sure that you receive it in perfect condition.

your parcel should be moving today or tomorrow, we are expecting you to receive it within this week.

please kindly let us know once you received it, thanks again.

I dunno what to think about them really.  They did reply back to every email I am getting it, and I do think they fraked up but are trying to fix it.  I also have the 2 other Macross preoders with them (GBP) kinda of pain the ass to cancel this PO's are over with at other places right?

Edited by Mechinyun

On 8/18/2021 at 2:57 AM, Norland said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. I emailed them about my concern about the poor packaging that others were reporting and they just choose to ignore it and ship it out the same way they did. This was 2 weeks after everyone was reporting and they claimed it was due to DHL not being able to pick up the packages due to the Olympics. So to me their story of giving it to a 3rd party to package and stuff doesn't seem to flow since everyone's package was packaged the same way regardless if it went out first or 3 weeks later. Luna Park never offered anything other than just the same excuse of a third party and being delayed by the Olympics. For me personally I wouldn't put them in the same category as NY but they are now down at the bottom of the list of places to do business with. Pretty much last resort if I can't get it anywhere else.

Sorry to hear that! We are working on improving our shipping situation, it is really unfortunate that we can only use DHL over the last year to go internationally these days due to suspended shipping out of Japan. 

14 hours ago, jzwolen said:

My 1D wasn't even in the brown Tamashi Nations box...maybe someone at DHL opened it up to look inside.  Lucky me.  Luna Park said they would replace my 1D and send me a shipping label to return the damaged box.  We'll see if that happens. 

Yes, don't worry we do what we say! 
LUNA PARK~

15 hours ago, Mechinyun said:

yeah I sent Luna Park a pretty stern email about the delays and stuff.  Was my 4th email to them.

Finally it started moving in the DHL system and should be here by weekend.

This was the last reply i got from them.

Thanks for your message.

Please do not worry, most of VF-1D have been shipped out already, and we have received some comments about packaging issue (DHL didn't warp the item properly, as they didn't use bubble wrap for the brown premium bandai box).

We called back some of those parcels which haven't been shipped out yet, your one is one of those parcels, we will wrap it with care, to make sure that you receive it in perfect condition.

your parcel should be moving today or tomorrow, we are expecting you to receive it within this week.

please kindly let us know once you received it, thanks again.

I dunno what to think about them really.  They did reply back to every email I am getting it, and I do think they fraked up but are trying to fix it.  I also have the 2 other Macross preoders with them (GBP) kinda of pain the ass to cancel this PO's are over with at other places right?

We are working on improving our shipping situation, it is really unfortunate that we can only use DHL over the last year to go internationally these days due to suspended shipping out of Japan.  We will keep working to get your orders to you!

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

LOL...yes, same response several here got.....it seems they "replied" to a lot of members here...over and over again.....and several are still waiting...;)

I blame Luna Park.........a package is the responsibility of the seller/sender until it arrives at its destination

Sorry to hear that! We are working on improving our shipping situation, it is really unfortunate that we can only use DHL over the last year to go internationally these days due to suspended shipping out of Japan. 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:28 AM, no3Ljm said:

Yes we are packing them ourselves now. Sorry for the earlier packaging issues. 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:24 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

Yes we will! 

On 8/17/2021 at 4:54 AM, dot.mog said:

Thank you for your kindness and understanding!
LUNA PARK~

On 8/7/2021 at 9:33 AM, Mechinyun said:

I am in same boat with luna park.

Got a msg earlier in the week that they will check into it, but after that radio silence...

Also have two pre-orders with them on the armor parts.. ugg... not a great feeling here.

Sorry for the delay... We are working on improving our shipping situation, it is really unfortunate that we can only use DHL over the last year to go internationally these days due to suspended shipping out of Japan. 

I'd say having LP on here responding is a very good sign.

They ran into some small business problems. Not a huge deal or surprise. Every business is having massive problems right now with logistics. It's not 2019 anymore. And won't be again for years. I say cut them some slack and chock it up to this new world we live in than anything else.

I can tel you from experience ramping up a shipping department with it's associated supplies is not easy or fast.