Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

14 minutes ago, Saviant said:

My 1D finally shipped from mykombini, they were shutdown last week for public holidays they told me.

Mine arrived from Mykonbini today..... Their excuse to me was they had some wierd issues with PayPal confirming my payment for shipping. 

Anyway, here's mine:

IMG_20210803_213000.jpg.d7a3714de4a7a41f42e871830d74a7f5.jpg

I know the last thing anyone wants to see is another DX VF-1D pic, so I thought I'd throw in some really horrible VF-1D models I built as a kid maybe 35+ years ago.

Actually my first exposure to Macross was the 1/100 Arii VF-1D and VF-1S fighters that my dad bought for me.  I thought they were Jetfife's twin brothers or something.

Anyway, I also ended up building a Bandai Variable 1/72 as well as a 1/100 Battroid of the 1D around that time, which I still had after all this time.

IMG_20210803_213021.jpg.65932db1b5e6da27ba43e98a857b7e52.jpg 

Second photo is that Variable 1/72 1D next to one of my more recent models.

On 8/5/2021 at 4:01 AM, glane21 said:

Please post here once your tracking actually shows movement.

Still no movement and I have already emailed Luna Park 3 times regarding this and each time they reply with a brief email about they will look into it and I never hear back from them. The last email I got from them on the 3rd said they would make sure to get it to me this week. Still no movement so I'm starting to think they sent all those packages to DHL and have no control over what DHL is doing with them for the last 2 weeks.

Got a reply just now from Luna Park:

"Thanks for your email.
we have confirmed with DHL, you will get your item within next week, you should see the movement on Tuesday.
sorry about the inconvenience, our office is right next to the Olympic village, there is traffic control here, DHL's working hour has been limited, and they are not allow to pick up parcel on friday and weekend."

So I rolled the dice with Nin Nin Games again with the VF-1D as they came through with flying colors on my Roy. Unfortunately this time around things arn't looking good. I opened up a ticket asking on the shipping status only to have it be closed a day later with no response.  I waited a week later, then sent another ticket in only to be told they have 'thousands' of orders and they'll get to mine when they get to mine. 

Seeing how preorders happened in Dec and the release date was after paypal's 6 month protection window, I'm wondering what recourse I have, if anything.  Anyone have any luck pushing a dispute directly through their CC company for a purchase made through paypal ?

18 minutes ago, RIBFIR said:

So I rolled the dice with Nin Nin Games again with the VF-1D as they came through with flying colors on my Roy. Unfortunately this time around things arn't looking good. I opened up a ticket asking on the shipping status only to have it be closed a day later with no response.  I waited a week later, then sent another ticket in only to be told they have 'thousands' of orders and they'll get to mine when they get to mine. 

Seeing how preorders happened in Dec and the release date was after paypal's 6 month protection window, I'm wondering what recourse I have, if anything.  Anyone have any luck pushing a dispute directly through their CC company for a purchase made through paypal ?

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with Nin-Nin. I pre-ordered the VF-1D from them as well and got mine last week. I know Paypal has the 6 month limit but depending on your CC company you may still be able to open a dispute with them.

So, as a trial run for the VF-1D, I decided to place an order through Dejapan proxy service. I'm already getting the 1D from a buddy in Tokyo, so I'll still have a 1D if they failed to deliver.

My verdict on Dejapan: FAIL

Two weeks ago I contacted them about the status of my 1D order and asked if it's arrived in warehouse. The replied and said it "should have shipped already" and to contact them again if there's no update by next week.

I contacted them again a few days ago to ask for a status and have not received a response.

That's some NY-level BS going on here.

So I contacted them today asking for either a real status update or refund if they cannot fulfill my order. I'll be filing a CC dispute if I don't hear from them in the next 24-48 hours.

Anyone looking for a reliable proxy service should avoid Dejapan.

2 hours ago, RIBFIR said:

You can definitely go through your credit card company. I’d say to just wait but wouldn’t blame you for getting your money back. The one time I ordered from nin-nin, they never sent my item. I waited until a couple months after the release date to inquire with them about it. They never responded to anything and I gave them several weeks to respond each time. So, got my money back and have never shopped there again.

Edited by Slave IV

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You can definitely go through your credit card company. I’d say to just wait but wouldn’t blame you for getting your money back. The one time I ordered from nin-nin, they never sent my item. I waited until a couple months after the release date to inquire with them about it. They never responded to anything and I gave them several weeks to respond each time. So, got my money back and have never shopped there again.

I'm mainly concerned a dispute through my CC may damage my relationship with paypal. I'm not sure how it would all go down, and who would 'foot' the bill in the end. 

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The payment is just facilitated by PayPal. The money from your cc went to the shop and will be refunded from the shop. Either way, PayPal doesn’t seem to give a crap because they just want anyone to use them as much as possible. 

Lol, ok thanks for the insight @Slave IV, that gives me hope. In any case, I'll give nin-nin a little more time before going down this road as I hate having to deal with cc companies.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

The payment is just facilitated by PayPal. The money from your cc went to the shop and will be refunded from the shop. Either way, PayPal doesn’t seem to give a crap because they just want anyone to use them as much as possible. 

For some reason I don't think it would be so smooth. Does PP drop you after you charge them back? Are the banks/PP in cahoots and they won't refund the money?

I don't know anyone who has ever charged PP back. No idea what happens.

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So, as a trial run for the VF-1D, I decided to place an order through Dejapan proxy service. I'm already getting the 1D from a buddy in Tokyo, so I'll still have a 1D if they failed to deliver.

My verdict on Dejapan: FAIL

Two weeks ago I contacted them about the status of my 1D order and asked if it's arrived in warehouse. The replied and said it "should have shipped already" and to contact them again if there's no update by next week.

I contacted them again a few days ago to ask for a status and have not received a response.

That's some NY-level BS going on here.

So I contacted them today asking for either a real status update or refund if they cannot fulfill my order. I'll be filing a CC dispute if I don't hear from them in the next 24-48 hours.

Anyone looking for a reliable proxy service should avoid Dejapan.

Did you asked to buy the item from a store or Yahoo Japan Auctions?

I have used DeJapan a LOT with an excellent experience. 

I got from DeJapan my 1Ds (2 orders) and my Super Parts TV Edition directly from Tamashii Store when the preorders opened, no problems, goods arrived to warehouse in a few days after release date. I have also used them a LOT to get items form YJA. What I liked from them is that they were willing to undervalue shipments to avoid customs in my country but they don't do that anymore so that's why I'm no longer using them as before.

I have a couple of VF-1J Armored sets ordered with them and I expect no problems when the release date comes, they actually created additional accounts to be able to order them.

When an item is out of stock they let me know in a few days and the refund is done automatically to my PayPal account, I always use PayPal with them and they normally get back to me after 2 days for any question.

Edited by betocc

23 minutes ago, betocc said:

I got from DeJapan my 1Ds (2 orders) and my Super Parts TV Edition directly from Tamashii Store when the preorders opened, no problems, goods arrived to warehouse in a few days after release date. I have also used them a LOT to get items form YJA. What I liked from them is that they were willing to undervalue shipments to avoid customs in my country but they don't do that anymore so that's why I'm no longer using them as before.

I have a couple of VF-1J Armored sets ordered with them and I expect no problems when the release date comes, they actually created additional accounts to be able to order them.

When an item is out of stock they let me know in a few days and the refund is done automatically to my PayPal account, I always use PayPal with them and they normally get back to me after 2 days for any question.

I'm glad you had good experiences with them, but that doesn't change the fact that they are failing miserably on this order.

This is a Bandai TWE item so they should have gotten it right after release date, same as everyone else who ordered it direct from Bandai, assuming they can be trusted and even ordered it at all. It's been about 3 weeks since release, so I've given them plenty of time to get their sh** together. The only communication I've gotten from them was a non-helpful email that the item should arrive "next week" and that was two weeks ago.

I will never use Dejapan again and advise against anyone else using them. Same recommendation I gave about NY years ago.

59 minutes ago, betocc said:

This is pretty much the exact same reply I was getting a few years ago when I was screaming from the rooftops that something was wrong down at NY and for everyone to do a PayPal chargeback before tier 6mo expired.

A lot of people ended up losing a lot of money.

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

For some reason I don't think it would be so smooth. Does PP drop you after you charge them back? Are the banks/PP in cahoots and they won't refund the money?

I don't know anyone who has ever charged PP back. No idea what happens.

I had situations where PayPal CS advised me to charge back through my CC company and I did just that. No issues. 

9 hours ago, DarkArchon3000 said:

Wow, that looks great!  That could have been the boxart!

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah or as an insert or slipcover.

Yeah...it's funny how Bandai actually did some cool diorama shots with their HMR line-up promo pics....but for the DX line it's just mostly the standard promo photography....however, they do like to do some a few classic poses that reference original illustrations, old kit boxart and memorable anime scenes with each release