Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

Does anyone one know why the seats ran instead of army green??

Also, doe the VF-1D have a second console for the second seat or was that a Hasegawa creation? From many various perspectives there seems to be a second console in the anime but not in the lineart.

Believe it is supposed to have a console, and I think there actually is enough room for a small one against the back of the pilots seat, but neither Yamato or Bandai included one.

From my understanding, the VF-1D was a two-seat combat ready plane, compared to the VT-1 being a pure trainer, similar to how the F-5F would compare to a T-38.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Believe it is supposed to have a console, and I think there actually is enough room for a small one against the back of the pilots seat, but neither Yamato or Bandai included one.

From my understanding, the VF-1D was a two-seat combat ready plane, compared to the VT-1 being a pure trainer, similar to how the F-5F would compare to a T-38.

Sorry for my curiosity since I'm not that well verse when it comes to real life fighter plane. When you say combat ready, meaning both seats have the ability to fly the plane? VF-1D have the same ability as the F-5F. Is VT-1 the same somehow since Misa was able to control it against the front seat pilot? Thanks.

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sorry for my curiosity since I'm not that well verse when it comes to real life fighter plane. When you say combat ready, meaning both seats have the ability to fly the plane? VF-1D have the same ability as the F-5F. Is VT-1 the same somehow since Misa was able to control it against the front seat pilot? Thanks.

The F-5F I'm not sure about, since I'm not overly familiar with the combat capabilities.  A lot of two seat aircraft will have backup controls in the rear, but some like the F-14 just have a completely dedicated back seat station with no controls to fly the aircraft.

The VT-1 being a dedicated trainer would mean it has at least the majority of the front cockpit duplicated in the back, and the rear seat is elevated so the instructor can see out if he has to take over.  It also had very little in the way of provision for carrying weapons.

Edited by Chronocidal

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I also have no idea what you are talking about now. I know you replied to my post that you guys are not mind readers. And I said you probably didn't read previous pages about the Fan Racer. If you check Page 10, I mentioned the Fan Racer, and pages before that. ;) 

So right now, I'm not sure if we're on the same page. Hehehe. :lol: 

What's this? Are you wanting a fan racer? You probably should have indicated this to us earlier, multiple times. Maybe sprinkled in a couple times each page.

Also- if all these sarcastic replies hasn't gotten someone to feel bad for you and offer you one of their extra fan racers, I don't know what will. :)

11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

The F-5F I'm not sure about, since I'm not overly familiar with the combat capabilities.  A lot of two seat aircraft will have backup controls in the rear, but some like the F-14 just have a completely dedicated back seat station with no controls to fly the aircraft.

The VT-1 being a dedicated trainer would mean it has at least the majority of the front cockpit duplicated in the back, and the rear seat is elevated so the instructor can see out if he has to take over.  It also had very little in the way of provision for carrying weapons.

Thanks @Chronocidal. That makes sense. I forgot about the instructor part for the VT-1. And yes, I always think of the rear seater have different console like the F-14's. I learned something new today. Thanks sir! :hi:

3 hours ago, vladykins said:

What's this? Are you wanting a fan racer? You probably should have indicated this to us earlier, multiple times. Maybe sprinkled in a couple times each page.

Also- if all these sarcastic replies hasn't gotten someone to feel bad for you and offer you one of their extra fan racers, I don't know what will. :)

Hahaha! :lol: I'm good, @vladykins. If someone will do, then super thanks. If not, then my world is not going to end. ;) 

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: I'm good, @vladykins. If someone will do, then super thanks. If not, then my world is not going to end. ;) 

If I get really crazy and buy a second one to make a Virgin Road version, I will definitely hook you up with the fan racer.

The main thing keeping me from doing this is my painting skills suck. 😂

2 minutes ago, vladykins said:

If I get really crazy and buy a second one to make a Virgin Road version, I will definitely hook you up with the fan racer.

The main thing keeping me from doing this is my painting skills suck. 😂

Thank you sir! :hi:

Hey, as long that you're happy with what you do, then that is all that matters. ;) 

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

At that price, only if the year is 2023.....maybe :rolleyes:

It's US$328.50. That's still holds for this release, right? I was surprised to see S$450 initially only to realize it was set to Singaporean Dollar. ;)

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's US$328.50. That's still holds for this release, right? I was surprised to see S$450 initially only to realize it was set to Singaporean Dollar. ;)

Before anyone hits that buy now button.....unless that price includes shipping...go for one on YJA instead...like this one....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j741272908

;)

55 minutes ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Buy now price is Y30900. Compared to JVM's post above which is Y29800. Would be great though if we can get it with its initial price of Y24500. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Can anyone remember the name of that guy looking for a Fan Racer? I forget.

tenor.gif.43ab8b8619f9583c3b5b13715758288b.gif

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

:lol:

:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

That only happens in a couple of the multiverses where nothing ever naturally appreciates in value over time......:rolleyes:

Super Dimensional Truthness. ;) 

20 hours ago, jvmacross said:

ar374-84b.jpg

large.1364961529_ARIIBandaiDXSuperVF1D.j

:drinks:

@jvmacrosswow thanks very much for the photoshop treatment! 
I’ve always been a fan of your work but never thought you’d take my pics and put that on the cover. Love this - would you mind if I save it and share on my FB? 
Thanks again. I would never have been able to do this myself 😆

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

@rdrunner Your Fighter and Gerwalk are cool.  I think Battroid can be adjusted just a little.  I’ve done the pose as close as possible before with the VF-1S.

large.dxvf1shikarubattroidwithsuperpartspose.jpg.c7ec27efc4825a2fb04f82f816be55d3.jpg

Hi @sh9000 yeah actually I think you’re spot on with your suggestions as I compared @jvmacross’s cover with the original and also with yours. 
the left knee was rotated too wide, its left hand could be lowered/relaxed a bit, and the right wrist with the gunpod needs to be adjusted outwards too. 

Now I totally understand the amount of precision that goes into your pics!

23 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

@jvmacrosswow thanks very much for the photoshop treatment! 
I’ve always been a fan of your work but never thought you’d take my pics and put that on the cover. Love this - would you mind if I save it and share on my FB? 
Thanks again. I would never have been able to do this myself 😆

Sure, thanks!  These are always works in progress...for example, I composed the pic before I remembered that there was a better shot of the original ARII boxart on MacrossWorld's old model kit gallery.  I am sure you can do the same, I am just using basic tools that come free with Win10....I am sure others with access and knowledge of Photoshop or some other photo editing software could produce much cleaner shots....I just do it for fun, as most of my stuff is in storage...so I get to play with other people's toy digitally.....:drinks:

On 7/29/2021 at 3:35 PM, Norland said:

Anyone else get this DHL tracking info from Luna Park? Its been like this ever since I got the shipping info on Tuesday. 

image.png.5c19f5cc9c858d2ec99b92e9c30bc136.png

My Luna Park tracking is the same with the same dates.  Still not handed over to DHL after 4 days.

6 hours ago, glane21 said:

My Luna Park tracking is the same with the same dates.  Still not handed over to DHL after 4 days.

They generated labels but have not given the packages to DHL yet.

12 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Hi @sh9000 yeah actually I think you’re spot on with your suggestions as I compared @jvmacross’s cover with the original and also with yours. 
the left knee was rotated too wide, its left hand could be lowered/relaxed a bit, and the right wrist with the gunpod needs to be adjusted outwards too. 

Now I totally understand the amount of precision that goes into your pics!

Thanks @rdrunner.  Looking forward to more of your pics.