Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

Mine VF-1D earlier this week, first order from Okini Land and the service was excellent.

Might open it on the weekend when I have time, or perhaps later if work gets slow.

Now - do I need that VF-1J so that I have all of the Hikaru's jets?

Edited by drumondo

17 minutes ago, drumondo said:

Now - do I need that VF-1J so that I have all of the Hikaru's jets?

Go for the DX VF-1J GBP Armored bundle. Not only you're going to get Hikaru's signature Valkyrie fighter. It comes with GBP Armor as well. :good: 

item_0000013603_OBa6b2Ua_101.jpg.ab4756d4dac207e0af3c54f0a12ad7ef.jpg

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Go for the DX VF-1J GBP Armored bundle. Not only you're going to get Hikaru's signature Valkyrie fighter. It comes with GBP Armor as well. :good: 

Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. Working on the decision now to pull the trigger now at inflated prices or sit tight until release day...

Well, if there is anyone who pre-ordered from Anime Export, and haven't heard anything, here's what I had to do....NO EMAIL from them on of after release day, I sent one nice short message on their website two days ago and heard nothing, so then yesterday I logged into my account on their website and lo and behold, there was my VF-1D sitting there in the "paid" row. I had to click a link, then the item moved to "shipping" something or other, then I got an email almost instantly saying they are calculating shipping. A few hours later I got another email saying my item was awaiting shipping payment.  So this morning I logged in again and clicked the "pay shipping" link and paid my $42 and change for "Fast Shipping", "Economy Shipping" was the exact same price...LOL. So whatever, my VF-1D is on the way today hopefully!  I guess my point here is, apparently AE is "Self Serve" now at least for me!   For those keeping track, pre-order price plus shipping total out the door was $323.00 for me.  As I typed that, and let it sink in, this hobby is now really getting out of my price range.  That's getting damn close to what I paid for DX Vehicle Voltron! I think I'm out on 1:48 DX's. 

3 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Well, if there is anyone who pre-ordered from Anime Export, and haven't heard anything, here's what I had to do....NO EMAIL from them on of after release day, I sent one nice short message on their website two days ago and heard nothing, so then yesterday I logged into my account on their website and lo and behold, there was my VF-1D sitting there in the "paid" row. I had to click a link, then the item moved to "shipping" something or other, then I got an email almost instantly saying they are calculating shipping. A few hours later I got another email saying my item was awaiting shipping payment.  So this morning I logged in again and clicked the "pay shipping" link and paid my $42 and change for "Fast Shipping", "Economy Shipping" was the exact same price...LOL. So whatever, my VF-1D is on the way today hopefully!  I guess my point here is, apparently AE is "Self Serve" now at least for me!   For those keeping track, pre-order price plus shipping total out the door was $323.00 for me.  As I typed that, and let it sink in, this hobby is now really getting out of my price range.  That's getting damn close to what I paid for DX Vehicle Voltron! I think I'm out on 1:48 DX's. 

I have the VF-1D and another figure that is about half the size that I need to ship from there, combined for both they want 160 for fast shipping and 90 for economy, I think I'm to have to ask if they can do separately and see if I get fast shipping at 42 dollars each. Definitely not a cheap hobby

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

But if you go for the GBP you have either the GBP or VF-1J on display. Not both.;)

37 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

82494944.jpg

6 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

That's why you buy 2! 😂

Two GBP's? Yeah, depending on what you can get them for that could pay off. You're probably looking at getting a GBP for $425ish. Just the VF-1J will run you $400. You could sell the extra GBP armor to make up the difference!

Edited by sqidd

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

AE has always been like that for me. Sometimes their emails go into the spam folder but there is usually no email at all. I just start logging and checking around the release date. 

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Two GBP's? Yeah, depending on what you can get them for that could pay off. You're probably looking at getting a GBP for $425ish. Just the VF-1J will run you $400. You could sell the extra GBP armor to make up the difference!

Love to help out for those extras. But then, I'm not looking for GBP Armor. I'm looking for the Fan Racer. :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Got shipping notification from mykombini weee

Me too. I thought I was going to get NY'd by them, started reading some really horrible reviews, and I was peppering my angus for the worst.....

Then yesterday I got notification that it shipped.  

32 minutes ago, peter said:

Me too. I thought I was going to get NY'd by them, started reading some really horrible reviews, and I was peppering my angus for the worst.....

Then yesterday I got notification that it shipped.  

I’ve only placed a few orders with mykombini but they haven’t let me down yet.

NY owes me 1K in merchandise and expired store credit….grrrrr >:| 

Nippon Yasan…from hells heart, I stab at thee!

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

45 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Then why didn't you tell us? We're not mind readers!

Hahaha! It looks like you're not browsing previous pages about it. :lol: 

37 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Really? You don't say?:lol:

Hahaha! I did say it multiple times now. :lol: 

40 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I’ve only placed a few orders with mykombini but they haven’t let me down yet.

NY owes me 1K in merchandise and expired store credit….grrrrr >:| 

Nippon Yasan…from hells heart, I stab at thee!

image.jpeg.7b8021de3c0c3700ddae3e3a0109cd05.jpeg

FB page dedicated to people who got screwed by NY.

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

My Bandai DX VF-1D just showed up from AE.      The TV Super Armor is looking sexy on it.    Might need me to locate another set in the near future.

I literally need a bigger non cannon shelf.

3 hours ago, vladykins said:

We have no idea what you are talking about!?! New phone forum, who dis?

Ok. I also have no idea what you are talking about now. I know you replied to my post that you guys are not mind readers. And I said you probably didn't read previous pages about the Fan Racer. If you check Page 10, I mentioned the Fan Racer, and pages before that. ;) 

So right now, I'm not sure if we're on the same page. Hehehe. :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I really need to make a set of orange super packs. ^_^ 

20 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Fixed it for you.:D

I'm not sure if this is accurate but I do remember seeing an old 80's Super VF-1D artwork that has orange color on the booster section and the rest are still bluish green. Or the orange/khaki Supers are just Toynami's? :search:

25 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure if this is accurate but I do remember seeing an old 80's Super VF-1D artwork that has orange color on the booster section and the rest are still bluish green. Or the orange/khaki Supers are just Toynami's? :search:

If you follow the Max/Miria convention you'd have to pick one or the other.  Most likely orange since it's already majority khaki

41 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I also have no idea what you are talking about now. I know you replied to my post that you guys are not mind readers. And I said you probably didn't read previous pages about the Fan Racer. If you check Page 10, I mentioned the Fan Racer, and pages before that. ;) 

So right now, I'm not sure if we're on the same page. Hehehe. :lol: 

You want a Fan Racer?:rolleyes: