Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

6 hours ago, vladykins said:

I paid 27800 + 4480 for shipping, so 32,280 (which is currently about $295 total). But that required hitting Anime Export at the right time and such. $345 at this point is not unreasonable.

This also is what I paid at AE.

Edited by technoblue

39 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I really really do hope they make this, because I love the design, and I feel like it gets even more screentime in DYRL than the VF-1D did in SDFM.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time.    Bandai won't let any Valk with that much screen time go.  And if they make the SO, they'll make the Elint.   

Meanwhile, a DX of the TV version SDF-1 doesn't seem any closer now than years ago.  Go figure. 

So, a bit under 30 hours after I got shipping notice from DHL, I've got my pair.

Slight damage (crumpling) to one corner of one of them, through the bubblewrap and shipping box

(wish they'd have put the box on the outside and bubblewrap inside, they did it the other way...)

Looks good, but it's too damn hot right now to pull it out and do poses. Maybe when it gets under 80F.

14 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

I still haven't received a peep from Luna Park, and I placed my order back in December... I'm beginning to get concerned that I'm SOL.  😟

I think this last weekend was a holiday, I wouldn't read to much into delays at this point. 

23 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

I still haven't received a peep from Luna Park, and I placed my order back in December... I'm beginning to get concerned that I'm SOL.  😟

It sounds like they're having some shipping issues, Probably slowed things down a bit. This an email I got back from them yesterday on the quality of packaging. Getting 100 units out may not sound that time consuming. I assure you it is though. Especially if they had to change their process half way though.

-------------------------------------

Yes, we have received some report from buyers of the new figure (DX VF-1D), as the item was super popular, we sold over 200 units, so we have given the whole container to DHL, we asked DHL to warp them, however, DHL didn't handle the parcel with care, we feel bad about it.

we have confirmed that DHL shipped 78 units of DX-1D so far, still over 100 left, we already told them do use bubble warp, don't just ship it in plastic bag. (if you wanted to order DX VF-1D)

and from now on, we will not give wrapping job to DHL anymore, we will start wrapping ourselves, please rest assured, your order will be wrapped with care.

thanks again.

regards

LUNA PARK

My VF-1D arrived safe and sound--a day early! Came via FedEx. Expertly and lovingly packed by the proxy. Sharp corners and crease-free surfaces on everything. They sometimes take a few more days than I'd like to process orders, but they consistently come through.

My VF-1D is currently with my friend in Japan, but now we're trying to figure out how to ship it to Australia without paying an arm and leg. We looked into quotes for DHL, but they're coming up as ¥22K, which doesn't match up to what people are getting charged by proxies and e-retailers.

EMS is still not open for AU shipments according to JP post website.

1 option I found was Yamato's Kuroneko courier service, which looks to be cheaper than the calculated EMS rate, and less than the average DHL rate I've seen.

Question: How are people shipping out via DHL for under ¥6k?

11 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

My VF-1D is currently with my friend in Japan, but now we're trying to figure out how to ship it to Australia without paying an arm and leg. We looked into quotes for DHL, but they're coming up as ¥22K, which doesn't match up to what people are getting charged by proxies and e-retailers.

1 option I found was Yamato's Kuroneko courier service, which looks to be cheaper than the calculated EMS rate, and less than the average DHL rate I've seen.

I'm pretty sure businesses get a bulk rate from DHL that puts it far under that (insane) price.

At that cost, it almost sounds better to just fly to Japan and pick it up yourself. :huh:   Not that it would actually be cheaper.. just a better investment.

18 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Retailers and Proxy can get discounted DHL /Fedex rate due to the volume that they normally ships out .   So when they get charged less , they can then offer to their customers some of the discount.   A individual DHL /Fedex will not have those discount so it will be the normal rate which is Arm and Leg $$$.   International shipping is not cheap especially when they stop their cheaper slower economy service . 

there’s also the option of opening a Tenso account and then ask your friend to ship it to your account and then you’ll request to ship it to you like any other proxy.  

Edited by F360

23 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Some proxies can also act as mail forwarding. I believe Tenso is one of them.

Frequently Asked Questions|Can you ship items, such as postal items, other than parcels from online shopping sites?[tenso com]

If you do decide to ship it to Tenso then ask you friend to pack it good and keep it as safe and small as possible so when Tenso receive it , you can then just ship it out as is without needing them to put it in a bigger box which increases shipping cost .  

but it will most likely be cheaper to just go with the Yamato's Kuroneko courier service .  Since you say it’s cheaper than EMS . 

Appreciate the feedback from everyone. I did consider either using my Tenso account or my Rakuten Global Express account to forward the package to me. I'm weary of using Tenso now, as they now charge tax for shipments to Australia so whatever the declared value of the item is (for insurance purposes) will be added on as 10% extra in fees + they also charge 10% on top of shipping rates to Australia. I can't recall if Rakuten are passing on the AU tax. I believe they are supposed to, but the last package I sent from there, additional tax was not added to my shipment out - I think they are only offering Sea mail either way, so my friend could book sea mail himself for the standard shipping rate... yay... it would arrive either around the same time or after my 2nd VF-1S Roy and VF-1J GBP arrive DHL from HLJ in October - 😆

3 valks in October. That would be a blast, but seeing all the 1D pics here, I'm itching to get it in my hands - even though I would probably not have time to play or swoosh it around (same fate as my 1st VF-1S Roy which is sitting here waiting for inspection and subsequent swooshing... It has been sitting like that since end of March)😭

Well, I'll be... it turns out, apparently, that my concerns were premature; after posting here, I sent Luna Park an email politely inquiring about a ballpark estimate on when my copy would be shipping, and I got a response within hours, and a subsequent email with tracking info confirming it is being shipped. :yahoo:

9 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm pretty sure businesses get a bulk rate from DHL that puts it far under that (insane) price.

At that cost, it almost sounds better to just fly to Japan and pick it up yourself. :huh:   Not that it would actually be cheaper.. just a better investment.

Even if the ticket cost the same, the amount I'd pay on getting more toys toys and attempting to bring those back would make this waaaaay too cost prohibitive.

37 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Even if the ticket cost the same, the amount I'd pay on getting more toys toys and attempting to bring those back would make this waaaaay too cost prohibitive.

This is correct. Every time I am in Japan I end up shipping one or more boxes back home to myself of stuff I've found in various shops. Not that I regret any of those purchases, and @Chronocidal is correct in his assessment of its value. I've found quite a lot of great stuff this way, and I got to visit Japan. :drinks:

(Mandarake doesn't web list everything they have for sale, for instance...)

My Brother In law got the VF-1D and after they sent it over via EMS it ended up totalling $400 because I had to give him a "tip" to take his wife to dinner too. Ended up being same as flipper prices but for a different reason :D

Edited by Duymon

8 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Found my second. Nin nin game. No word from them yet. 

I ordered from Nin-Nin game as well.

I just checked my order for my 1D online...says "Preparation in Progress" for status...updated 2021/07/28.

Sounds promising