Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Geez, I just got my notice to pay for shipping from DEJapan. Wow, they sure do like making money on shipping::shok:

EMS – 9,400Y

Surface – 3,450Y

FedEx – 18,300Y

DHL – 11,900Y

Didn't someone just get one on release day for $350 shipped DHL? I may as well have not PO'd it/gotten it through a proxy.

DeJapan charged this to me for 6 x 1D

・International Delivery Fee :22,500 JPY
・Domestic Delivery Fee :660 JPY
・Storage Extension Fee :0 JPY
・Consolidation Fee :100 JPY

That looks better than 9400 JPY for 1 

Edited by betocc

4 minutes ago, betocc said:

No kidding!

2 hours ago, betocc said:

yeah. 

I can take one off your hand too if you plan to let one go >.< retail 

Why did they paint the blue visor / glasses on the Hikaru pilot figure? He never had those while piloting VT-102. Sloppy Bandai again. 😢

1552449569_Hikarupilotcomparison.jpg.2e7addaaebd853b31ccb76e236dc8a43.jpg

just repaint the pilot's face to be 1 colour to remove the glasses I suppose. 🙄

Pilot inclusion wishlist:

• Hikaru civilian with helmet (no glasses)
  • Hikaru civilian with yellow goggles
  • Hikaru civilian no helmet with Minmay wearing helmet on his lap
  • Minmay seated

Bandai would have charged ¥5,000 more. 😆

We are all so picky. 😛

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Grey would be white landing gears, in shadow? 😁

Hmm grey would be nice touch, didnt thk of that...

Haha gotcha! Would you consider grey instead? :p

depends on your level of completeness/OCDness...in your collection...

Absolutely not. :p

First blood! 1D already in the 30k club.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1171318927&keyword=マクロス

Received payment request for shipping from AE. ¥4480 for “fast” shipping which I’m assuming is EMS. Funny that the “standard” is the same price.

EDIT: scratch that. Received noticed from DHL that AE is sending me a package. 

Edited by OzmaLee74

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

They just got back to me. They said it was DHL. It was for one!:(

really? that's weird.  i also ordered from dejapan and the ems was 2800 and dhl was 5200.  did you picked the super extra packing option?

edit: typo ems was 4800 not 2800 

Edited by gulan

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Ouch. That was a fast entry into the club. Still waiting to hear from my proxy. They tend to be slower to process orders compared to other services, so I'm not worried--yet.

15 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Got my AE notice to pay for shipping but they also noted that they have holidays Thursday and Friday, so looks like I'll be waiting for mine to ship now that it's paid.

I got the same message from two of my proxies. Sigh.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm not doing a whole lot better than that with my PO's (shipping included). I'm at $327.08 sitting on my doorstep (fast shipping). I still have not factored in the units my buddy in JP got yet. He's shipping them to Tenso. Them to me. I don't expect it to move the needle very far though. I'm expecting an average cost of $315-320 once those land.:(

Edited by sqidd

Nothing from Hobby-Genki either, but I paid 5,200Y for EMS (back in Dec, I hope its available again to Canada as their website still has a Apr 16 notice that says EMS is not available - thought it was available again in another thread, but things looks headed for another lockdown in Japan)

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Nothing from Hobby-Genki either, but I paid 5,200Y for EMS (back in Dec, I hope its available again to Canada as their website still has a Apr 16 notice that says EMS is not available - thought it was available again in another thread, but things looks headed for another lockdown in Japan)

I paid 4500Y back in Dec. for what I assumed was EMS from Luna Park. They shipped a few days ago using DHL and did not charge extra, which I think is pretty great. Except that I'm expecting the usual taxes and DHL border fees assault any minute now.

Edited by Paco Grande

I was able to get AE to ship out before they went on break (thursday/friday break this week) as i was watching email like a hawk and reacted and acted within one hour each time (also was up at 6AM and initial email about it was in stock wasat  at 5:08 AM).  was pleased they were able to calculate shipping, and let me ship it before EOD yesterday.  It had one shipping option only, well 2 but they were same price.  DHL says its arriving Monday (at my office and i will have it wednesday when i go in).   i think this may be my last DX chogokin (its the last i really NEED NEED unless they do a DYRL max at some point)

7 hours ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Received payment request for shipping from AE. ¥4480 for “fast” shipping which I’m assuming is EMS. Funny that the “standard” is the same price.

EDIT: scratch that. Received noticed from DHL that AE is sending me a package. 

I thought the same thing.  When I did the pre-order AE had me select shipping.  DHL was the only usable option at the time so I went with that.  Looking at the 4480 price and Japan Post tracking number I assumed it had to be EMS.  Just fed the tracking info to DHL and looks like they've got it.  ETA by the 26th.   Everything I got shipped by DHL from Japan so far arrived in 2 days.  Should get it by Friday by my estimate.

15 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

I was able to get AE to ship out before they went on break (thursday/friday break this week) as i was watching email like a hawk and reacted and acted within one hour each time (also was up at 6AM and initial email about it was in stock wasat  at 5:08 AM).  was pleased they were able to calculate shipping, and let me ship it before EOD yesterday.  It had one shipping option only, well 2 but they were same price.  DHL says its arriving Monday (at my office and i will have it wednesday when i go in).   i think this may be my last DX chogokin (its the last i really NEED NEED unless they do a DYRL max at some point)

I made the rookie mistake of going to sleep.

28 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

I paid 4500Y back in Dec. for what I assumed was EMS from Luna Park. They shipped a few days ago using DHL and did not charge extra, which I think is pretty great. Except that I'm expecting the usual taxes and DHL border fees assault any minute now.

I think DHL & EMS options were the same price (or at least really close) back then, but I hope they don't "upgrade" me to DHL as it would guarantee a Customs & Duty of $40 (HST taxes) and DHL's $20 brokerage and handling fee. 😭

17 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

I think DHL & EMS options were the same price (or at least really close) back then, but I hope they don't "upgrade" me to DHL as it would guarantee a Customs & Duty of $40 (HST taxes) and DHL's $20 brokerage and handling fee. 😭

Yeah, I've mentioned it a few times on this site but the last DHL shipment I had from Japan was a $36 mook from HLJ and I ended up paying $95 total because of all the BS DHL fees and taxes. I was pissed and complained to both HLJ and DHL, not that they care.  I'm still used to the $16 DHL 2 day delivery from Amazon Japan with no extra fees so this was shocking to me. So now that I have a $400 item inbound from DHL I'm really concerned about the taxes and fees. I'm really hoping that Luna Park marked the price down on the customs forms but I'm assuming they didn't.

To keep things on topic: I'm really liking the colour scheme on this release because it's so different than my other DX VF-1s. Mine are all white with very little colour so this will stand out for sure. My original plan was to collect only the movie VF-1s and get the whole Skull squad, but now I'm changing my mind and going for the TV versions to get more colour. I'm really hoping they eventually do the Max & Miria VF-1Js as well as the brown Kaki VF-1A.

4 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Okini coming through again. Solid place and have had enough business with them for them to be trusted. DHL will be at home station in a few days!

Same here, my second is with them, and they seem to have beat Big in Japan to the punch on the shipping.  Mine arrived in Cincinnati earlier this morning.  Estimate says by the 27th, but if past DHL is any indicator, I'm guessing I might see it by Friday, if not sooner.

EMS for my first copy hasn't left Japan yet, that I can see.

1 hour ago, burnout6 said:

All these DHL and EMS arrivals and here I am putting my two birds on a boat... 

lol I usually do that too. I only use fast shipping if the store makes me haha