Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

Nice! Congrats guys! :good: 

Again, I'm just throwing it out there. ;) For those who's not into the Fan Racer (+stand) that comes with the DX VF-1D, please let me know.  No pilot figure needed. But if you do, then super thanks! :hi:

22 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! Congrats guys! :good: 

Again, I'm just throwing it out there. ;) For those who's not into the Fan Racer (+stand) that comes with the DX VF-1D, please let me know.  No pilot figure needed. But if you do, then super thanks! :hi:

Some over priced Fan Racer here https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e530464690

If monies weren't tight, and having to budget for the upcoming slew of new Delta valks, I would pick up a bunch of Yamato 1/48 Angel Birds to go with the new Fan Racer. The Yamato 1/48s aren't really going for much at the moment..

19 minutes ago, MKT said:

If monies weren't tight, and having to budget for the upcoming slew of new Delta valks, I would pick up a bunch of Yamato 1/48 Angel Birds to go with the new Fan Racer. The Yamato 1/48s aren't really going for much at the moment..

There was one on manda for 8,000JY last week. Can find them for similar prices on yahoo auctions. 

Always tempted to get one since it’s on of the few 1/48 Yamato’s that I do not own. Need one more low viz woodland and then maybe I’ll pickup an angel bird or two

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

3 hours ago, tekering said:

vf-1d-comparison-jpg.29155367

Nice photo, thanks for sharing.

I. like the HMR orange the best.  Yamato's is a bit too orange/red for me.

Edit: forget to mention that I think the DX version is a bit too grey. But I still prefer the DX's slight overly grey color to Yamato's overly red version.

Edited by kkx

41 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

There was one on manda for 8,000JY last week. Can find them for similar prices on yahoo auctions. 

Yup, prices of these have dropped over the years into HMR territory. On other hand, the old school large boxes makes shipping a bomb, especially in these times lol.

Quite excited when fan racer was announced with the VF-1D, but now it seems a bit of missed opportunity by it not having any landing gears..

20 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

No plug in or recessed landing gear on the Fan Jet? LAME.  No seated Minmay or combo of her and Rickaru sitting together in the Fan Jet? LAME. Bandai is SOOOO freakin cheap sometimes. Kinda really done with these 1:48's. 

Yup.

Heck! The arm is not even removable for anime-accuracy!

😛

42 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

No plug in or recessed landing gear on the Fan Jet? LAME.  No seated Minmay or combo of her and Rickaru sitting together in the Fan Jet? LAME. Bandai is SOOOO freakin cheap sometimes. Kinda really done with these 1:48's. 

20 minutes ago, treatment said:

Heck! The arm is not even removable for anime-accuracy!

😛

No nosecone attachment nor the nosecone section can be remove either. :vava:

I'll reserve final judgment until I have it in hand and put a few hours of work into it, panel lining it and making the frakin landing gear properly WHITE. uhhgg, Really ridiculous how close they came to giving us the "best" VF-1 yet, but then stumbled at the finish line by not doing the landing gear white, not making the arms lock into place in fighter mode and I dunno about anybody else, but I could totally live without the stupid waist swivel "ohh my Valk comes in two every time I transform it" feature. Whatever. Rant mode off...for now. 

Edited by derex3592

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

It’s clearly trash. Anyone who wants to get rid of this garbage valk just ship it over to me and you will never have to lay eyes on it again ;)

Valkyrie for you, Fan Racer for me? ;) 

Ya know, I'm a bit ticked off about the Fan Racer. No correct pilot for it. And no landing gear so you can't display it sand pilot on the tarmac. Even if you get a extra 1D you and steal the pilot from it.......it's not the right headgear.:(

Screw you Bandai. I would have paid the extra $1

Heads up for anyone waiting on an order at Okini Land, I found their shipping payment request in my junk folder.  Not too bad, $45 for DHL.

That really is pretty dumb for the fanracer though.  Will definitely need to come up with a custom figure for it, and maybe cut out the doors and make some plug in landing gear inserts for it.  Glad I ordered a spare, so I'll have one to experiment with.

46 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Ya know, I'm a bit ticked off about the Fan Racer. No correct pilot for it. And no landing gear so you can't display it sand pilot on the tarmac. Even if you get a extra 1D you and steal the pilot from it.......it's not the right headgear.:(

So... would you sell the Fan Racer then? I don't mind having no pilot just so you know. :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Somehow i think black landing gears go with this valk, instead of white. 😅

Light grey would be most anime-accurate...

anime-accurate.jpg.9208fd3ccdfd499eb0494f9993665b99.jpg

...or perhaps silver was the intention...?

516270388_silver.jpg.bcf3f6f21a532f74b54c47f39fcbbf7b.jpg

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

My buddy in JP has mine too. I think my best bet is for him to ship them to Tenso and then Tenso to me. What are you doing?

One of my proxies had me pick the packaging type but nothing about shipping yet. I suspect that will take a few days.

Radio silence from my other proxy.

I'll just have it shipped EMS or DHL or whatever express shipping method that can get it here safely. I'd prefer to just pick it up myself, but who knows how long before international travel is back to semi-normal.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:
Somehow i think black landing gears go with this valk, instead of white. 😅 

Not sure if @Lolicon will whiten his...:lol:

Black landing gears are not tolerated in my collection.

29 minutes ago, tekering said:

anime-accurate.jpg.9208fd3ccdfd499eb0494f9993665b99.jpg

Where's the retractable ladder and VT-102 tampo by the cockpit? Bandai as sloppy as ever!

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Well, at least that's one less set of landing gear to paint...

Geez, I just got my notice to pay for shipping from DEJapan. Wow, they sure do like making money on shipping::shok:

EMS – 9,400Y

Surface – 3,450Y

FedEx – 18,300Y

DHL – 11,900Y

Didn't someone just get one on release day for $350 shipped DHL? I may as well have not PO'd it/gotten it through a proxy.

Edited by sqidd

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Geez, I just got my notice to pay for shipping from DEJapan. Wow, they sure do like making money on shipping::shok:

EMS – 9,400Y

Surface – 3,450Y

FedEx – 18,300Y

Other – 11,900Y

I don't know what Other is. I'm guessing DHL?:unknw:

Other (for me) was DHL. It was also only like 8000¥ for my pair.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Other (for me) was DHL. It was also only like 8000¥ for my pair.

They just got back to me. They said it was DHL. It was for one!:(

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, tekering said:

...or perhaps silver was the intention...?

Grey would be white landing gears, in shadow? 😁

Hmm grey would be nice touch, didnt thk of that...

34 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Black landing gears are not tolerated in my collection.

Haha gotcha! Would you consider grey instead? :p

depends on your level of completeness/OCDness...in your collection...

30 minutes ago, sqidd said:

EMS – 9,400Y

Surface – 3,450Y

FedEx – 18,300Y

DHL – 11,900Y

Didn't someone just get one on release day for $350 shipped DHL? I may as well have not PO'd it/gotten it through a proxy.

That is expensive!