Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Has anybody accidentally preordered an extra copy of the D by any chance?B)) Help a brother out, don't wanna pay the current scalper's price please and thanks.

I preordered extras put they're spoken for in theory. I can add you to the list if you would like though.

EDIT: You're alreday on my list. I have one for you.

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I preordered extras put they're spoken for in theory. I can add you to the list if you would like though.

EDIT: You're alreday on my list. I have one for you.

Thanks very much @sqidd!! Yeah I kinda remember reaching out to you but I wasn't sure..Thanks again, I'm happy now.:) 

19 hours ago, sqidd said:

Not that I wasn't interested in the D to round out my Hikaru shelf. But the Fan Racer was the super bonus as far as I was concerned. I hope you're able to find one.

Thanks @sqidd. It's actually why I'm on the fence with the VF-1D when it got announced. I only want to get the Fan Racer. :lol: 

56 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks @sqidd. It's actually why I'm on the fence with the VF-1D when it got announced. I only want to get the Fan Racer. :lol: 

I am sure many member who are getting multiple VF-1D will have duplicate Fan Racer that they are willing to sell.

I have a spare copy and have not decide if I will keep both. If I do, I will likely have a spare Fan Racer to sell. Will decide when I receive the item. Will ping you when the time come.

Mean while, good luck with your search.

2 minutes ago, kkx said:

I am sure many member who are getting multiple VF-1D will have duplicate Fan Racer that they are willing to sell.

I have a spare copy and have not decide if I will keep both. If I do, I will likely have a spare Fan Racer to sell. Will decide when I receive the item. Will ping you when the time come.

Mean while, good luck with your search.

Thanks @kkx:drinks:

10 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Noticing several eBay listings for this bird on eBay, hovering between $390 to $450. Fawk. Hoping the prices will lower when it's released on July 19th and more resellers post listings.

Don't plan on it on ebay, you're going to have to go with specialty retailers or Yahoo Japan.

16 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Noticing several eBay listings for this bird on eBay, hovering between $390 to $450. Fawk. Hoping the prices will lower when it's released on July 19th and more resellers post listings.

Hmmmmmm... it was a TWE so it might be harder to find it for lower. Hope you find one though.

19 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

I noticed that it popped back up for sale on MyKombini about a week ago:

https://mykombini.com/en/july-2021/21403-dx-chogokin-macross-vf-1d-valkyrie-and-fan-racer-bandai-limited.html

It's selling for ¥33990. That's less than eBay, but not by a lot. TWE items like this one rarely sell at MSRP after release, but keep an eye on Amazon Japan, Yahoo Japan, and the For Sale forum here for folks looking to offload extras. There's often a small window of time right before and after a release where the prices aren't horrific, but then they start to climb. For example, the DX Hayao and Max valks regularly go for ¥30000 on Mandarake these days. For a long time, they were closer to ¥27000. That's where the DX Roy is right now, but I expect him to join the 30K Club later this year.

Thanks for the info @Anasazi37. It is appreciated.

I'm expecting to paying above MSRP for the item, as I did not have enough funds when pre-orders were available. And I am ok with that. Honestly, I think I've only managed to get a valk for retail price maybe twice. The rest I've had to pay higher. It is what it is.

Prices on Kakizaki hovered around the 20000-22000 range on Mandarake for quite a long time after release, though they were often snapped up pretty quickly and I rarely caught one with the "Add to Cart" button available. It's only recently joined the 30k club. I chalk it up to being Kakizaki for the relatively slow price climb. :D

1 hour ago, ValkAddict said:

Thanks for the info @Anasazi37. It is appreciated.

I'm expecting to paying above MSRP for the item, as I did not have enough funds when pre-orders were available. And I am ok with that. Honestly, I think I've only managed to get a valk for retail price maybe twice. The rest I've had to pay higher. It is what it is.

It is, but it shouldn't be that way. It's artificial scarcity created by Bandai. :unknw: I wish Macross was more popular and/or Big West would allow more companies to produce quality Macross toys, but alas we're stuck with Bandai making us beg like circus seals for every fish valkyrie.

This whole situation reminds me of an old PA comic and we're the unfortunate fans.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/05/27

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Prices on Kakizaki hovered around the 20000-22000 range on Mandarake for quite a long time after release, though they were often snapped up pretty quickly and I rarely caught one with the "Add to Cart" button available. It's only recently joined the 30k club. I chalk it up to being Kakizaki for the relatively slow price climb. :D

It is, but it shouldn't be that way. It's artificial scarcity created by Bandai. :unknw: I wish Macross was more popular and/or Big West would allow more companies to produce quality Macross toys, but alas we're stuck with Bandai making us beg like circus seals for every fish valkyrie.

This whole situation reminds me of an old PA comic and we're the unfortunate fans.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/05/27

Agreed that it should not be. Macross is popular, but Bandai won't let it threatens Gundam. Having said that, the whole Arcadia saga where prices are jacked up so much and yet some fans justify for their high prices. Well, they reap what they sow. But the ones with more than half a wit pay the price.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Tragic. Hopefully getting Macross items will get easier over time with the new "deal" in place between Big West and HG.

2 hours ago, Firefox said:

Agreed that it should not be. Macross is popular, but Bandai won't let it threatens Gundam. Having said that, the whole Arcadia saga where prices are jacked up so much and yet some fans justify for their high prices. Well, they reap what they sow. But the ones with more than half a wit pay the price.

It's pretty clear that those high prices are based on what it actually costs to produce. Valks (especially complex new molds like VF-0 and SV-51) are pretty expensive to design, produce, and assemble. The VF-1 series is a lot cheaper, since the design and molds already exist, but they also don't sell nearly as well so retailers demand a higher margin as they sit on shelve and eventually go on sale...

Bandai stuff costs less to make because Bandai has better manufacturing (not outsourced) and also retailers don't demand as high of a margin since the Bandai stuff rarely sits on shelves.

You can say I'm just justifying, but I'm actually a mechanical engineer and design things for mass production as my day job.

Release day! I’m eagerly awaiting all the reviews from Japanese collectors who are able to get their hands on it first.

Mine will be going to my friend in Japan, which he estimated he will receive by 26th July.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

AE still showing as "Awaiting stock".  :(

Luna Park is saying they have in stock ready to ship, but that may just be default language:  https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer-japan-version

p-bandai page still showing 7/19

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000152176/?orgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fp-bandai.jp%3A8443%2Ftamashiiwebshouten%2Fitem-1000152176%2F

Edited by vladykins

Anyone ordered from Hobby-Genki?  Any good experiences with them?  It's my first order with them, but it still says July 31st on their website and they still have a Apr 16th warning that there's not EMS to Canada on their front page - both not instilling much confidence in me 😬

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Anyone ordered from Hobby-Genki?  Any good experiences with them?  It's my first order with them, but it still says July 31st on their website and they still have a Apr 16th warning that there's not EMS to Canada on their front page - both not instilling much confidence in me 😬

They're legit and actually participate on the board from time to time - @Hobby Genki

Still sad we don't get a seated Minmay, but I'm looking forward to this anyhow. ^_^ 

Just got a request for a slight upcharge for EMS shipping from Big in Japan, so looks like they're either getting their stock shortly, or have it in hand.  Woo!

Edit:  They don't waste any time shipping, they must have been at the post office when they forwarded the shipping upcharge.  I've already got a tracking number. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal