Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, rick dieck said:

Si you guys think, it will be available again on July????

Since it's a web exclusive item, you'll have to keep an eye on the secondary market. Mandarake, Jungle, Yahoo Auctions Japan, and Amazon Japan are solid options. You might get lucky with Anime Export or MyKombini, too. You'll want to keep an eye on several sites right around the release date. You should also check out the For Sale section here, as MW members sometimes buy multiples and then sell their extras to fellow collectors who missed out on placing pre-orders.

On 4/8/2021 at 5:54 PM, Anasazi37 said:

Since it's a web exclusive item, you'll have to keep an eye on the secondary market. Mandarake, Jungle, Yahoo Auctions Japan, and Amazon Japan are solid options. You might get lucky with Anime Export or MyKombini, too. You'll want to keep an eye on several sites right around the release date. You should also check out the For Sale section here, as MW members sometimes buy multiples and then sell their extras to fellow collectors who missed out on placing pre-orders.

Thanks buddy 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone recommend preordering these DX figures from third party sellers? I really want to get the VF-1D, but I'm a little hesitant about preordering. I'm wondering if these figures go up in price exponentially when they're officially released or does anyone recommend waiting it out? 

I bought three Macross figures (one DX and 2 Hi-Metal Rs) through ebay, but I am not sure if anyone knows a better place to purchase these figures. 

On 5/20/2021 at 6:06 AM, Dinosaur said:

Does anyone recommend preordering these DX figures from third party sellers? I really want to get the VF-1D, but I'm a little hesitant about preordering. I'm wondering if these figures go up in price exponentially when they're officially released or does anyone recommend waiting it out? 

I bought three Macross figures (one DX and 2 Hi-Metal Rs) through ebay, but I am not sure if anyone knows a better place to purchase these figures. 

At this point your only option will be resellers offering at mark up, since the Tamashii Web Exclusive PO window closed a long time ago.

I'm not sure there will be any reputable e-retailers that still have units available at release date, so if you want NIB you may have to go with a independent reseller on eBay that is probably selling at a very high mark up to secure one now. There should be a good chance you'll get it if they have good feedback as they would have secured a PO from Tamashi Web Store during the PO window.

If you don't mind a 2nd hand item, you may see these pop up at Mandarake at the current market value (note units may be marked as "package damaged", but generally this is VERY minor and almost a non issue based on MWF users past experiences).

Amazon JP is also another alternative after release date if you can find a reseller that will ship via Amazon and overseas which will be super cheap DHL Express shipped (sub ¥2,000 fee I believe). You also get the benefit of getting a discount when the Japanese sale tax is removed at cart.

Also Yahoo Japan auctions via Buyee is a 3rd option from independent resellers from Japan, which will also be at market value + Buyee fees and pretty expensive shipping.

Of all 3 alternative, I think Amazon JP will be potentially the cheapest option due to the heavily discounted shipping, even though I feel the item price will probably be higher than Mandarake and Yahoo JP.

Good luck!

EDIT: Nin Nin (and also Nippon Yasan) may have units available at mark up after release date. As of now, Nin Nin still have the DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki TWE for sale. The mark up is quite extreme over the Japanese SRP (200% over the SRP in this case).

Edited by eggy99

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

If AmazonJP is 100% accurate then it's on the 17th of July.

171933048_ScreenShot2021-06-30at11_55_38AM.png.392a1822160d9ba3596f40ec4e732250.png

Thank you! I really hope it is! That would mean i would probably get it before the august break, which in Italy it's always a bummer for getting parcels and mails.

2 hours ago, Ryoma said:

Thank you! I really hope it is! That would mean i would probably get it before the august break, which in Italy it's always a bummer for getting parcels and mails.

Awesome! Can I ask how long usually does it take before you get it from the Japanese Online Stores (e.g. Amiami, HLJ, AmzJP, etc.)?

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Awesome! Can I ask how long usually does it take before you get it from the Japanese Online Stores (e.g. Amiami, HLJ, AmzJP, etc.)?

Sure! That's not an easy question to answer though. Usually i have all my orders shipped via ems or airmail. Before covid it was 5-7 days for ems and two weeks for airmail. Now it might take up to one month for EMS and even 6 weeks for airmail. Luckily enough the last two parcels i received in june arrived pretty fast, one week, maybe 8 days(both of them were shipped via ems). It seems like things are slowly getting back to normal for shipping to Italy but i m crossing my fingers we don't get hit by another mutation of the virus.

And i always tend to avoid Fedex or any other private carrier otherwise i know that, through them, i always have to pay custom(which in Italy is around 30% of the total price, item + shipping).

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

Most excellent. I’m looking forward to this bundle while also hoping that a DX TV Kaki isn’t too far off either. 

What? Finish off the Vermilion squadron? That's so not Bandai!:lol:

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

What? Finish off the Vermilion squadron? That's so not Bandai!:lol:

I tell you what, I would rather they do that than release a complete squad of 31AX but I know that a squad of 31AX is inevitable. :cray:

Edited by technoblue

Ok. I rather throw this one out just in case. For those who's not into the Fan Racer (+stand) that comes with the DX VF-1D, please let me know. :drinks:

Esp for those who's ordering multiples maybe you can let one Fan Racer set go. ;) 

*No pilot figure needed. But if you do, then super thanks!

Edit: I'm now adding my LF thread here from the Wanted Section. :D 

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I rather throw this one out just in case. For those who's not into the Fan Racer (+stand) that comes with the DX VF-1D, please let me know. :drinks:

Esp for those who's ordering multiples maybe you can let one Fan Racer set go. ;) 

*No pilot figure needed. But if you do, then super thanks!

Edit: I'm now adding my LF thread here from the Wanted Section. :D 

Not that I wasn't interested in the D to round out my Hikaru shelf. But the Fan Racer was the super bonus as far as I was concerned. I hope you're able to find one.