Bandai DX VF-1D - July 2021

jvmacross

Bandai DX VF-1D topic....we can either start using this as soon as the VF-1D is released in July 2021 or start posting VF-1D info starting now.

Once a new DX VF is announced OR some other new Macross product of interest....someone can open a new topic for it and post info related to that specific item into that new topic thread. 

NO PO chatter should go into any specific DX or other Macross release's thread...additionally, try to post sales links here sparingly or not at all******.  There are several "Item of interest" threads already created...please use them....and if you want info on sales links...please subscribe to them...

******** regarding links to online retailer sales posts********

Pre-release...post links to item availability on the dedicated toy's thread....or the PO thread while it is open/unlocked (2-3 weeks after PO Night)...

Post-release....post links in the "item of interest" threads or you can post them on the toy's dedicated thread for 2-3 weeks after initial release....

Edited by jvmacross

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Stupid question (I'm very tired right now): info/link about the 1D availability and new stock offered by any vendor should be posted here?

It depends....since it still has not been released and the PO is technically still open....that would be something that we can all come to a consensus about.....Personally, I think prior to Release date...it will be OK to post availability links here, since eventually the plan would be to close the PO night thread after a few weeks of a Macross product's initial PO night...if that happens, then that thread will not be available to post sale links on, so we can either use the dedicated toy thread or use the existing "item of interest" threads......I think once it is released, it would be best to post directly onto the "item of interest" threads.....

So...

Pre-release...post links to item availability on the dedicated toy's thread....or the PO thread while it is open/unlocked...

Post-release....post links in the "item of interest" threads

Again, this is an evolving experiment.....perhaps there can be a period of a few weeks post-release to post availability links on the toy's dedicated thread....then after the acceptable time window closes...all future sales post would need to be placed into the "item of interest" threads or related "for sale" threads...

Thoughts?

Edited by jvmacross

I will now have 3 ALWAYS open tabs for Macross World Forums on my phone now. :lol:

BTW, they are: Unread Content, Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1, and now this thread.

1 thing that I'm not happy about with the DX release is we'll only get 1 Hikaru pilot, so you can't display both VF-1D and the Fan Racer with Hikaru in it. They should have included 2 Hikaru pilots. 1 with his iconic flight helmet + orange flight suit and the 1 with the pale yellow headset + orange flight suit.

I'll definitely be displaying my 1D in gerwalk, so I'll have to display my pilotless fan racer hanging upside down from cables with "curtains" decorating it. Add in some tiny cuts into it too. :p. Needs a giant tuna head too.

So will poses of the eventual toy only be intended for here? Or will those poses only be allowed in a dedicated "DX Figures Posting" thread? I'm still trying to see the advantage here over the single DX thread. If it is to help newbies find information without asking in the big thread, sure. But I have a feeling I'm now going to see people post the same pictures when they get their DX VF-1D in this thread, and the new toy thread, and the original DX thread.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

So will poses of the eventual toy only be intended for here? Or will those poses only be allowed in a dedicated "DX Figures Posting" thread? I'm still trying to see the advantage here over the single DX thread. If it is to help newbies find information without asking in the big thread, sure. But I have a feeling I'm now going to see people post the same pictures when they get their DX VF-1D in this thread, and the new toy thread, and the original DX thread.

That is happening already.....that would be an unfair complaint for this new thread......the abundance of pic threads is a whole other issue.....again, without mod involvement, it just slides into a free-for-all....

But, yeah....pics of the DX VF-1D would be fine here......again, it is up to the mods or a general consensus as to what type of pics should go into which thread.....however, the point is that by keeping toys separated into their own thread....they do not balloon into 700+ page beasts...even with all the pics....but at least you would know where to find purely DX VF-1D pics!

Only way this will work is if this thread actually gets some content, so I'm starting to dig through for some of what was posted in the big thread.

Here's a posting from before the PO with pictures, some of which I've brought over below (but there are more on the site).

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1140020/

91edc8efbdfe44e509fc48b28090703f_b4K42H4

e1b982fc3ecad45d2459209ddd4cc7ee_GOR9y7T

DXchougoukin_VF1D_08_Py1VfZDJxVCNbbg46E0

DXchougoukin_VF1D_04_DZirk7zrVt0wu7BSITI

DXchougoukin_VF1D_05_TgKucb9hhBBS0s-kgrI

Let's move over some of the other content as well.

28 minutes ago, firefly said:

Someone can confirm me for the scale, is it 1/60 like Arcadia?

No....1/48th-ish....it is the next release in Bandai's "DX" VF-1 line.....

https://tamashii.jp/item_brand/dx_chogokin/1/?number=20&order=new&character=macross_series&ck1=1&ck2=1&ck3=1&ok=Narrow+down+by+this+condition

Edited by jvmacross

Not to derail the topic, but damn that Yamato 1/48 looks dated next to the DX. And definitely prefer the proportions of the 1/60 v2, the legs on the Yamato 1/48 are THICK.

We just need Bandai to actually finish the DYRL and TV lines, while they did most of Frontier and Delta Bandai doesn't have the best track record when it comes to these things.

-b.

It's what tends to happen when you compare "most" older versions of something to the latest and greatest releases......pretty sure it will happen to the DX too in a decade or so...maybe sooner....the best thing that can happen to older releases is to become "classic"....I think  the original 1/55 has been able to achieve that status....and I'm sure the argument can be made for the Yamato 1/60 V2 as well....