Buck Rogers reboot..

Bolt

Funny- I just watched Buck Rogers this evening with the wife. I grew up watching Gil Gerard and the lovely Erin Gray bring the adventures of Buck Rogers to life on tv, and it's still a fun show to watch almost 40 years later.  Clooney wouldn't have been on my radar to revive it, let alone play the character; I'd prefer to see Buck and Wilma played by younger leads; Clooney could play Dr. Huer if he intends to star in it. I'm curious how they'd approach Twiki- another short fellow in a suit, or a more CG def-not a guy in a suit look. My preference would be the latter, kinda like the Cylons in the updated BSG.

I wouldn't mind seeing Buck Rogers brought back, but yeah, I'm not sure Clooney's the guy to play him. He can produce all he wants, though, as he's got the clout to make it happen and attract actors to the project.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:38 AM, pengbuzz said:

Just what nobody asked for. I'd sooner see Gil Gerard try to fly a walker than see them go through with this mess. :\

Amen, bring Gil and Erin back. 

As for Clooney, he could remake ER, or from Dawn to Dusk.  Let him ruin someone else's childhood.  Clutz

A modern re-imagining of the Thunderfighter along the same lines as the Viper MkII would indeed be sweet.

My problem with reboots/remakes is that, Battlestar Galactica 2004 aside, they may end up looking good to great but turn out mediocre hollow shells of the original, saddled with post-modern one-sided politics and in-your-face social commentary/propaganda with all the vacuous subtlety of a sledge hammer.

Edited by mechaninac

To be honest, I’m glad it’s not a remake of the series. That show was absolute perfection. I remember watching reruns all through the eighties. That and the old Battle Star Galactica were my two favorite shows of the genre. They had cool ships, great action, fun characters and awesome music.

i checked out some of the old comics since they were rereleased in collection books and they are very different from the series that I was used to. And that’s why I don’t mind this being a remake of the comics. The series stands alone and this will be a different entity with some minor similarities. I do like the newer version of lost in space, so maybe this will be fun.

Oooo. A legal fight over who owns the rights!:D

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Why does every thread have to have culture wars thrown in for no reason?  Even as a joke it is annoying.

i dunno man. Just stay calm and keep deculturing ;)

image.gif

Edited by Bolt

On 1/31/2021 at 10:26 PM, kalvasflam said:

Amen, bring Gil and Erin back. 

As for Clooney, he could remake ER, or from Dawn to Dusk.  Let him ruin someone else's childhood.  Clutz

This. 

On 2/2/2021 at 2:22 AM, Big s said:

i checked out some of the old comics since they were rereleased in collection books and they are very different from the series that I was used to. And that’s why I don’t mind this being a remake of the comics. The series stands alone and this will be a different entity with some minor similarities. I do like the newer version of lost in space, so maybe this will be fun.

Interesting...I wonder if Gil Gerard will appear in an episode the way that Buster Crabbe appeared in the tv series.