Macross II blu ray question

McRoss

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted anything on the forum.

Can you please help me with a question about the Macross II blu ray released in Japan.  The box set comes with a 104 page booklet.  Does the booklet contain any new images or information that we haven't seen before?

Thanks and happy holidays!

3 hours ago, McRoss said:

Does the booklet contain any new images or information that we haven't seen before?

There's one piece of art in the liner notes booklet that isn't in previous publications... but it's nothing particularly noteworthy.  It's unused art for a revolver that would have belonged to Sylvie. 

5 minutes ago, McRoss said:

So do you know if there is text in the booklet with new information about the setting (timeline, characters, mecha, etc.)?

I haven't translated the interviews at the back of the booklet, but there's nothing new or noteworthy in the majority of it.

Thanks again Seto Kaiba.

I have enjoyed reading your Robotech and Macross posts here and on other forums over the years.  Especially your posts about the Macross II continuity.  They have been very informative and I appreciate your insights.

I was wondering are you still going to translate the Macross II novels?  I can imagine it must be a massive task.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:37 AM, McRoss said:

I have enjoyed reading your Robotech and Macross posts here and on other forums over the years.  Especially your posts about the Macross II continuity.  They have been very informative and I appreciate your insights.

Hopefully our new website will continue to scratch that particular itch when it launches later this year.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:37 AM, McRoss said:

I was wondering are you still going to translate the Macross II novels?  I can imagine it must be a massive task.

It's on our to-do list, which we're unfortunately a bit behind on due to "day job" matters.

7 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It's on our to-do list, which we're unfortunately a bit behind on due to "day job" matters.

I totally appreciate the "day job" matters.  I've been out of the loop for a long time and I'm still catching up on everything Macross.

7 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hopefully our new website will continue to scratch that particular itch when it launches later this year.

I look forward to seeing your new website when it launches.  It will be good to have your information and analysis all presented in the one place. 

Macross fan translator Gubaba has done several Macross novels in the past and I believe the Macross 2 novels are near the top of his to-do list at the moment, so keep an eye on his blog for updates.

https://gubabablog.wordpress.com/category/all-of-my-translations-in-one-post/

Keep in mind that even the final two novels (the only really "new" material) don't add much in the way of new information as they're more of a triad/investigation side-story. They have been the source of some neat novel-related cosplay over the years though. :-)