Jump to content

Calibre Wings Macross 1/72 Series


jvmacross
 Share

Recommended Posts

It seems the 1/72 Vf-1J and VF-1A fighters are showing "in stock" on the Calibre Wings website....has anyone received them?

I placed an order via Flying Mule due to their 20% PO discount but they seem to always get their stuff last....

P1017877-1000x1000.jpg

 

P1017904-1000x1000.jpg

 

I am glad that I picked up the VF-1S and M&M VF-1J set, they are all excellent display pieces.....wonder if this is the end of the road for canon VF-1's from Calibre Wings?.....I am taking a pass at the original paint schemes they are releasing...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Anyone else receive a shipping confirmation from Flying Mule for the latest SDFM Calibre Wings VF-1's? 

Seems my VF-1A CF and VF-1J Hikaru are on their way!  Really liking these 1/72 VF-1 fighters!  Only collecting the cannon release though....wonder if there will be any other variants?

:good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All my VF-1 stuff came in.     I have managed to pick up everything from both the F14 and VF1 Calibre Wings has put out to date. 

on the VF-1 side they all look pretty good,  I am partial to the Farewell big brother 1S, and the low viz 1S.

on the F-14 side its a harder choice..  I really like the VF-1D TV paint scheme.. it's just ugly and its great.    But I am also privy to the tomcat in an all black scheme like VX-9.   So the Stealth version also gets a high rating.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My 3 new VF-1’s came in:

Low-Vis VF-1S

Hikaru (Rick) VF-1j

Kakizaki (Ben) VF-1A

That makes 4 along with previously purchased Roy VF-1S. I’d like to figure out a display stand for all 4 in formation.

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dobber said:

My 3 new VF-1’s came in:

Low-Vis VF-1S

Hikaru (Rick) VF-1j

Kakizaki (Ben) VF-1A

That makes 4 along with previously purchased Roy VF-1S. I’d like to figure out a display stand for all 4 in formation.

Chris

Kakizaki VF-1A?...or do you mean the CF VF-1A?  I received my Hikaru VF-1J and CF VF-1A....they are just as awesome as the rest of the SDFM TV VF-1 Calibre Wings releases...:good:

large.20210302_121933.jpg.902d7f9a86fcc6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whoops, my mistake. Yes, CF VF-1A. The Flying Mule lists it as a Ben Dixon version but it is not. My bad. 

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may go pick up another CF 1A at some point,  before the prices get out of hand.  

I ended up getting 2 of the SDCC Stealth 1S by mistake.      My duplicate will probably end up in the sale section at some point.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really enjoy these models and all of their details. They are going to make great displays.

In one of the Calibre Wings videos awhile back, Noel said he hasn't been approached yet to renew his license. Really hoping we will see more of these. He said he wanted to do some with Fast Packs too. How awesome would that be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

In one of the Calibre Wings videos awhile back, Noel said he hasn't been approached yet to renew his license. 

Did he mention the end date for the original license?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

I really enjoy these models and all of their details. They are going to make great displays.

In one of the Calibre Wings videos awhile back, Noel said he hasn't been approached yet to renew his license. Really hoping we will see more of these. He said he wanted to do some with Fast Packs too. How awesome would that be?

Very awesome and certainly worth the "double-dip" of sorts....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back on topic....

The CF VF-1A is probably the best one yet...or maybe I just received a really good sample....for example, the missile pylons on this release push into the wing "holes" perfectly and more importantly "stay on" without additional fiddling.....this is probably my biggest gripe with these releases so far...but glad that the CF VF-1A, at least mine, seems to have resolved the issue....

large.20210306_161219.jpg.aee960fff79a76

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

They received their "legit" licenses via HG...not sure why that would change....

No vendor in Japan has been champing at the bit to produce 1/72 diecast VFs....closest has been doyusha with their 1/144 releases years ago.....perhaps now that the market has expanded worldwide there might be some interest? But unlikely....it seems HG can only license SDFM and DYRL VFs....so maybe CW, KC and others can expand into DYRL?  I would love some DYRL 1/12 figs from KC!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jenius said:

So as the one license holder who poked BigWest with a stick, do we think CW will now stop doing VF-1 models?

Only if Big West pressures Harmony Gold into revoking his license.

Otherwise, I suspect they'll run out a few more for Harmony Gold under that license before running out of material.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did not feel he had to be "excused" of anything...in any case, I was completely impressed by the level of detail on his Macross Zero F-14!

Amazing stuff! To not have one is to be missing out on a truly special piece of scarce Macross Zero related products...perhaps CW can now get some licensing from HG for DYRL VF-1 releases....

large.20200825_191054.jpg.d351c8ca45f26c

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Only if Big West pressures Harmony Gold into revoking his license.

Otherwise, I suspect they'll run out a few more for Harmony Gold under that license before running out of material.

Nah...business is business as this brave new deal has shown us....let the past go....kill it if you have to? :rolleyes:

If they cannot get a license from HG for DYRL VF-1's...they still have several SDFM "canon" VF-1's to do (not that they have been shy on non-canon schemes) and all of the "Super" variants....then they can possibly move into 1/48ths...:drinks:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Nah...business is business as this brave new deal has shown us....let the past go....kill it if you have to? :rolleyes:

Business is business... but copyright infringement is copyright infringement, and all parties involved are pretty aggressive about protecting their rights.  It's a just possibility, for now.:unknw:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Business is business... but copyright infringement is copyright infringement, and all parties involved are pretty aggressive about protecting their rights.  It's a just possibility, for now.:unknw:

meh...last I checked my Macross Zero F-14 was a Black Aces not a Calibre Wings release...I hope this deal means that for both HG and BW want to look towards the future and not get hung up on the past....as that has proven to be a costly pi$$ing match for the last 30+ years! ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

These must be interesting times for Calibre Wings. Noel picked a horrible time to piss off Big West by ripping off their Macross Zero IP, now that all new Macross products in the US have to be approved by both Harmony Gold and Big West. Harmony Gold is going to want to play nicely with Big West because they stand to make a substantial amount of new business with them, so Noel may find himself as the odd man out in this situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • azrael locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...