Calibre Wings models and releases

jvmacross

On 6/16/2021 at 2:18 PM, Vifam7 said:

Calibre Wings just posted this on their Facebook page.

Screen-Shot-2021-06-16-at-2-13-33-PM.png

I'm also surprised to see that Big West is now working with Calibre Wings, especially after Noel publically stated that he has no regrets on ripping off the Macross Zero IP and accused Big West of being on a high horse and discriminating against foreigners. And to clarify, Big West's past policy was to refrain from doing business with Harmony Gold's licensees, not foreigners in general. Just ask Manga Entertainment or any foreign convention that's hosted Macross creators.

But if Big West is willing to bury the hatchet with Calibre Wings, then I have no qualm with CW either.

2 hours ago, Einherjar said:

I don’t buy it.  It sounds too easy that things can change so quickly from just throwing their PR drama queen under the bus.

Money greases many wheels.  CW were already on BW's radar, and all that was stopping the money train was a thorn... that was subsequently pruned.

11 hours ago, sketchley said:

Money greases many wheels.  CW were already on BW's radar, and all that was stopping the money train was a thorn... that was subsequently pruned.

Noel is the owner of Calibre Wings, and he just trolled a whole lot of you good in addition to getting your money.

Edited by Einherjar

I've been happy with these releases,   I think the only one I did not end up getting was the unpainted release,  probably cause there are only 12 of them.

As for Macross Frontier.. meh,  the same with Delta.    I would not rule it out,  but not my thing.

5 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Noel is the owner of Calibre Wings, and he just trolled a whole lot of you good in addition to getting your money.

I worked for a start up (for almost a decade), where the founder/CEO/owner was asked to retire by the investors (who could have forced the issue).

It can happen.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

32C1D499-B784-4B9D-B797-E21BE46E9910.jpeg.0a9286b9f3a1edcc959a6756e137fa0f.jpeg

apparently such a sale does not extend to a Canadian IP Address...

52 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Has anyone ordered directly from the Calibre Wings website? Are they reliable? I'm interested in buying something from their sale. TIA for any feedback.

I've ordered at least two of their F-14 releases directly from the website, due to issues getting supply at some local shops.  Had no problems to speak of.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:26 PM, Einherjar said:

Noel laughing at all of you on Facebook right now for this can also happen, because of a lack of context.

Noel......this name seems familiar.  Was he a member here ages ago, went by Black Aces or something like that or different guy?

• 3 weeks later...

Received the M&M set that I purchased from the sale. Unfortunately the box was crushed and the box is heavily damaged. I imagine the models are fine but really disappointed the nice collectors box is trashed.

Debating if it's worth griping to Calibre Wings...

4 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Received the M&M set that I purchased from the sale. Unfortunately the box was crushed and the box is heavily damaged. I imagine the models are fine but really disappointed the nice collectors box is trashed.

Debating if it's worth griping to Calibre Wings...

Honestly,  I would.     If I bought something that was collector in nature and it came wrecked I would not hesitate.

I personally have not ordered directly from Calibre Wings,    All of my orders were via Flying Mule and they box their items very well.   Just yesterday my VF-84 F-14 arrived and though delayed was in excellent shape.

Excellent price on the M&M though,  I too would go for it if I didn't already have it.