3 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

What I do care about would be a sequel featuring "Empress Furiosa" bringing law & order back to the wasteland.

Yes, a sequel would be preferable.  Hugh Keays-Byrne is no longer with us, and I'd rather not see them re-cast Immortan Joe.

5 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

What I do care about would be a sequel featuring "Empress Furiosa" bringing law & order back to the wasteland.

So much this! All of the Mad Max movies focus on the struggles just to survive. I would love to see one where society is starting to come back.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I dunno, to me it just feels like having this film maybe contradicts the time Mad Max happens....She would had been around the same age as Max I would think in Fury Road, maybe just a couple years younger, but they should been similar in age. Or am I just over analyzing this?

Too bad they can't bring back Mel Gibson....

I can't recall, but they never explicity had him die in any of the original movies...or maybe I am just not remembering correctly...

Don't care about Furiosa or any of the characters from the last movie...I'll wait until it's on one of the streaming services I still pay for for some reason....

I mean , it looks good. And i like the idea of what they're doing with world building.

As far as the 45 years after the fall , it makes me wonder if Tom Hardy's Mad max was a reboot and that's where they adjusted the time line. I always assumed it was just another adventure , of many, that we get to see  "original " Mad Max having. Recast, of course. 

I just don't think about the Mad Max timeline, at all, it makes absolutely zero sense if you think about it seriously at all. Even the original trilogy had a rather dubious timeline, Fury Road further muddied the waters. Looks fun enough, makes me want to watch Fury Road again and play the slept on Mad Max game, it's still a looker and it's been updated to 60fps for Series X. 

I've discovered while playing COD on my days off work that most people who like the new movies did not even know MM2 & MM3 Beyond Thunderdome even existed. MM3 I thought represented some of the best of the 80's movie .  I think the studio should rerelease them restored in 8K at theaters . they might do really well?

1 hour ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I've discovered while playing COD on my days off work that most people who like the new movies did not even know MM2 & MM3 Beyond Thunderdome even existed. MM3 I thought represented some of the best of the 80's movie .  I think the studio should rerelease them restored in 8K at theaters . they might do really well?

This is quite common with younger people. Ugh.

3 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I actually had a different experience where they didn’t know Mad Max existed and only knew about The Road Warrior 

I’ve been thinking about the timeline thing and honestly it makes more sense to have fury road as a reboot and it gives more time for these odd new civilizations to establish themselves.

I do think it’s odd though that it felt more implied that fury road was a sequel taking place not long after Thunderdome and Thunderdome wasn’t too far after the collapse. But if you think of Fury Road as an all new thing it makes some sense, but really invalidates the origin for Mad Max.

Mad Max was pretty much after a fuel crisis and economic breakdown. As far as Mad Max2 and Beyond Thunderdome it seemed the crisis at some point led to nuclear war since rule basically collapsed completely and the police sided with the scum around them. By the time of Thunderdome they were drinking irradiated water. But even then it must have only been a few years past since those kids were in a plane that crashed right around the time the war had started

Just rewatched Fury Road and in the beginning of the movie Max does mention that he was a cop. 45 years plus another ten or twenty between would’ve made max a baby pulling people over in a stroller. There were things like Furiosa having a clan set up for when she was younger. The only thing that sorta might make sense is if this collapse was a tougher thing in certain areas and Max maybe was a cop in an area that hadn’t totally fallen for at least twenty something years after whatever collapse occurred