Yamato 1/60 Collection

vibayo

24 members have voted

1. 1. Yamato 1/60 Collection

• Yes, of course i'm begging to make it happen
    • No,i'm very happy with my 1/72,1/60 and 1/48 togheter

Hello,i have began my Macross collection only months ago and so i'm exploring all the things,but i'm stucked with some things, the most important, The Yamato Valks.

I'm trying to have all the models,i mean one VF-1A,one VF-1J,one VF-1S,one YF-19,one YF-21,etc...(with every paint scheme)

But i have found out that they aren't in the same escale some are 1/60,some are 1/72 and for the moment,one in 1/48 (the VF-1A with low visibility scheme)

Why not having all of them in 1/60??? what i mean is that every valk or destroid that they release,could be at 1/48,1/55,1/72,whatever they want, but making an 1/60 version at least (and re-editing the past ones of course ;) ).

I'm begging for this to make dioramas with real scale between all the things i have exposed (vaks,destroids,people,etc...) and to see the differences on size more accurately between them.

Thanks for your kind attention,sorry for my bad english (i'm from Spain) and have a nice day!

PS I CAN'T WAIT TO OWN THE 1/60 DESTROID MONSTER TOY!!!

I'd prefer that a consistent scale across Macross items be available, and since so much stuff has already come out in 1/60, I think that would be the best. But I personally wouldn't complain if it was suddenly all redone in 1/72, since I currently only own one 1/60 Yammie, and as newca said, 1/72 is a standard scale for model planes.

mad 1/60 haters out there huh? :lol:

well me, i like the 1/60's and its the only scale i got every valk in...yes the QC could be better.

and BTW, wheres that 1/60 low-viz yamato!!! :(

and while the 1/48's are nice, its too expensive for me as well as others to collect them all. and with no diecast content, they're just plain cheap IMHO. you have to get the FP's(another $50-$60) to beef them up.

also, a complete collection of 1/48's would cost well over $1000. i'm sure some of you got deep pockets, but thats too deep for me.

everyones got a good point about 1/72 scale but how small would the valk be then? and will yamato be able to make it transformable in that scale? without QC issues? i doubt it. <_<

i say they keep making the scales they're making, that way people can buy what they can afford.

Dimensions of a 1/72 Valkyrie:

• Wing span 20.5 cm/8.1"
  • Fighter length: 19.8 cm/7.8"
  • Battroid height: 17.6 cm/6.9"

The Bandai HCM's are 1/72 and manage a pretty good near-perfect transformation, albeit with swingbars. Here's the VF-1S Hikaru DYRL HCM. Posability is the same as a Chunky Monkey.

I think with modern technology, a good 1/72 would be quite practical, at least using the 1/60-style leg transformation. Which I personally don't mind at all. Also, personal taste here, I much prefer strong plastics to metal, except in high-stress areas. Should keep the price down, improves the balance, and less subject to paint chipping.

Well,i think that some of you missunderstood me,what i mean is that Yamato should continue doing the Valks and destroids in the scale they want (is their company,so they can do what they want :D ) but making also an 1/60 scale model.

I have also forgotten to say that it has to be perfect transformation and that i don't mind really much if it's 1/60 or 1/72,but for sure,if they do something,i think they would do in 1/60,because most of their toys are in 1/60 now,so why change it?

I've been wondering about the same thing, V! But to tell ya the truth I'm happy YAMATO made their toys in diff. scale, this way we, as collectors, would have a lot more option and/ or variety. Take for example my own collection. As of right now, 99% of my valks are in the 1/60 scale. I do have a 1/48 of the VF-1S HIKARU, but of course, I consider this particular valk my price possession and that my friend is the only reason why I bought it in that particular scale. And as for the perfect transformation, one of the reasons might be that there's a degree of difficulty involved in having to duplicate the perfect transformation onto a 1/60. It's either that or YAMATO just got lazy! ;):D