1 hour ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Ray Liotta (may his soul rest in peace) had several works still in production at the time of his death including this one:

cokebear.jpg.7acd084bb607d6ffbbc178187c9772b8.jpg

Not gonna lie, I think I'm gonna watch this one.

Definitely a must see. The true story is so bizarre, I can’t wait for this movie 

22 minutes ago, Bolt said:

WTF:rofl: I thought this was fake...

The goofy part is that its backstory was actually based on a true story. Of course it didn’t go on an insane killing spree in real life.

There’s a few of these kinda recent internet true stories getting adapted into over the top movies and shows lately, like the Emu War and the Watcher. It’s like the movie makers ran out of ideas and started watching YouTube for inspiration or something 

1 hour ago, Thom said:

It looks like something similar to the hokum of Sharknado.

This actually looks far better than Sharnado. But it’s still a silly idea to make this movie based on the bear from the story. Sharknado was more like a bunch of drunks got together with no cash and started making a movie as they went. This movie seems more like one guy was watching YouTube and saw the story and told a friend and that person told a friend and then the whole story changed and eventually someone with slightly more cash than the sharknado movie decided to make their movie.

35 minutes ago, Big s said:

Looks interesting 

Does indeed; initially, I thought it was going to be a new endeavor into the Sherlock Holmes literature, but this is more interesting for not being so. The inclusion, then, of Poe in concert with the title had me thinking it was going to be something akin to The Tell-Tale Heart. Again, a wrong assumption on my part. On the whole, it looks more a late 18th, early 19th century serial-murder tale motivated by all appearances of satanic ritual. Lovely; I'm down for a watch.

I do have to say, however, given hindsight through the lens of our modern understanding of mental illness, sociopathy, and psychopathy, tales of this nature, which Poe also wrote (I'm reading one now, as it happens: The Mystery of Marie Roget, a sequel to his more famous Murders in the Rue Morgue), the exceptional perspicacious nature of the investigator (Poe's Dupin, as well as the more famous Holmes, and others of their literary ilk) seems somewhat diminished, especially in light of the extraordinarily shallow views held by the general populace of that era, complicated no less by a strong penchant for religiosity and superstition. In short, if you were astute, given to reason and fact, and disposed of superstition, you had a serious leg up over the majority of the population in that time. Hell, in some regards, even today.

9 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Will definitely check it out. 

7 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

In short, if you were astute, given to reason and fact, and disposed of superstition, you had a serious leg up over the majority of the population in that time. Hell, in some regards, even today.

Lol ! True, but they usually burned or hanged those types, back in the day. We won't ruin this thread by talking about what they do to those types these days. :p

On 12/11/2022 at 4:05 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Quentin Tarantino is still asking... "did I help direct or produce this??"

I highly recommend this one!! B))

I've been waiting for a special time to watch this. Probably tonight! Quentin is thinking "I wrote this! "

On 12/11/2022 at 4:05 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Quentin Tarantino is still asking... "did I help direct or produce this??"

I highly recommend this one!! B))

Yep, watched it over the weekend.  It was one entertaining movie.  The plot was a bit asinine if you stop to think about it for a minute, but hey, fun is fun.  Movies are meant to be an escape from reality, not  moral lesson.

19 minutes ago, kalvasflam said:

Yep, watched it over the weekend.  It was one entertaining movie.  The plot was a bit asinine if you stop to think about it for a minute, but hey, fun is fun.  Movies are meant to be an escape from reality, not  moral lesson.

We did the same. It’s a silly brutal great time with a lot of little jokes here and there like the two seconds of Ryan Reynolds. I really enjoyed this movie and wished I had seen it sooner 

• 2 weeks later...