2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Watched SPIDERHEAD on Netflix last night. Typical meh Netflix movie with very big name actors. I think these Netflix films is welfare for movie stars.

A lot of the Netflix movies have been meh at best recently. The shows do have some gems here and there though, but no so much in the movies 

Just watched Moonfall, wish I had not.  I don't think they could pack any more stupid into a single movie.

I could have sworn the movie was mentioned somewhere before but a search for Moonfall or Moon Fall came up empty - just like the movie.  Bad plot, bad science (abysmal science), cliche characters.  The FX were pretty good though.

6 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Just watched Moonfall, wish I had not.  I don't think they could pack any more stupid into a single movie.

I could have sworn the movie was mentioned somewhere before but a search for Moonfall or Moon Fall came up empty - just like the movie.  Bad plot, bad science (abysmal science), cliche characters.  The FX were pretty good though.

If they had ditched all the Emmerich crap, concentrated on the ancient alien aspect and dealing with the AI it would have been so much better. Instead there was all the stupid crap, including the car commercial! C'mon!!

9 hours ago, Thom said:

If they had ditched all the Emmerich crap, concentrated on the ancient alien aspect and dealing with the AI it would have been so much better. Instead there was all the stupid crap, including the car commercial! C'mon!!

I think Emmerich should try a series instead. He has ideas but they don't translate well into a feature film anymore.

28 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Well, "The Munsters"" looks even worse then I thought it would.  Plus they should have found someone who at least sounded SOMETHING like Fred Gwynn.  I'm guessing I will not even be watching this when it releasing to streaming.

You’re right about that voice. It’s just not right at all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, electric indigo said:

The road to Wakanda

More like the road to hell is paved with good intentions. When you look into the backstory of this film and what it's based on you start to wonder how this film even got green lit in the first place. Let me put it this way, there is a damn good reason Lupita Nyong'o who played Nakia in Black Panther turned down the lead role and withdrew from the project after she did her own research into what the Kingdom of Dahomey was.

It gets worse when you see reviews give it 8/10 for cinematography and acting, while grading it a 4/10 for historical accuracy. The studio got so much backlash they've stopped marketing it as "based on a true story" and labeled it as "alternate historical fiction".

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

It looks good for what it is, but what I really want is a movie just like this, but where the rogue robot or scary ghost, or whatever, is the hero. Too many follow this same formula.

Edited by Thom

Something that irks me is how they bother to give it the ol' robotic doll facial animations and the non-moving hands, but then can't bother to make its full-body animations more robotic as well and instead just have a regular person moving with a mask on or composite the face on or whatever.

Certainly doesn't sell the illusion quite as well as

Just watched the first 2 episodes of The Peripheral. I really like it and am looking forward to next weeks episode. First 2 are out today on Amazon with new episodes every Friday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...