I watched that Bubble movie on Netflix and really didn’t care much for it. Some scenes have parts that were funny, but most of the jokes were more cringy than funny. It also goes on way too long and feels a bit like being tortured along with the onscreen characters. It’s basically a low budget less talented less fun ripoff of Tropic Thunder all the way to the same basic ending just without the redemption of the self centered characters

• 3 weeks later...

If you have not watched THE BATMAN yet and have HBO Max... I'll just leave this here for you.

Perfect movie with no flaws, of course not but damn if I didn't enjoy it and will get this on Blu-ray for sure! 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

If you have not watched THE BATMAN yet and have HBO Max... I'll just leave this here for you.

Perfect movie with no flaws, of course not but damn if I didn't enjoy it and will get this on Blu-ray for sure! 

Watched it the other day since I missed watching it in theaters. For me, it's up there with The Dark Knight. Highly recommended. :good: 

26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Watched it the other day since I missed watching it in theaters. For me, it's up there with The Dark Knight. Highly recommended. :good: 

Agreed, this was a movie that could have been cliché heaven and badly timed jokes, the decision to avoid that makes this movie a Top Tier Film. Also this Batmobile here is officially my favorite, still a fan of Keaton's ride then Bale's.

There's a deleted Joker scene you can watch on YouTube, it's a good effort but Ledger will ALWAYS be the Joker. 

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

37 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Agreed, this was a movie that could have been cliché heaven and badly timed jokes, the decision to avoid that makes this movie a Top Tier Film. Also this Batmobile here is officially my favorite, still a fan of Keaton's ride then Bale's.

There's a deleted Joker scene you can watch on YouTube, it's a good effort but Ledger will ALWAYS be the Joker. 

I like all of the Nolan movies. Especially The Dark Night. But I have to give a slight edge to this new one. Probably because I really like the style it was done in.

And yes, the new Batmobile is sick!!!!!! I have one big hot rod project in me before I die or stop doing that sort of thing. I've been kicking a wide range of ideas around. After seeing this I'm seriously considering a mid engine muscle car with a electric motor up front to drive the front wheels. It woud be a heck of a challenge. I'm thinking 1000rwhp on 93 octane gas for the internal combustion motor (that's pretty easy) and 500-750 wheel HP from the electric motor up front. Pretty much whatever I could get away with up there and not have it torque steer me off the road.:D

The Keaton Batmobile is a tie. I like it because it's so over the top.

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Also this Batmobile here is officially my favorite, still a fan of Keaton's ride then Bale's.

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The Keaton Batmobile is a tie. I like it because it's so over the top.

Yes, I'm also a big fan of Keaton's Batmobile. But call me cheesy since I still love this one than the others. :wub: 

image.gif.fa282d261ae29fc3fb69fa7436f33353.gif

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

This sounds SO BAD......that I want to watch it!:rofl:

It was goofy and fun. Switch that brain waaaaay off!! Although, the reason for the moon 'falling' was pretty decent, and I wish it had dealt with that for most of the movie.

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

This sounds SO BAD......that I want to watch it!:rofl:

I hadn’t heard of this movie until earlier this week when I saw that honest trailer. Then after watching the pitch meeting that also came out this week I decided I probably have seen the best parts of the movie already 

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Just going to post it here -- EXPEND4BLES (expend-four-balls?). :lol: 

image.jpeg.2b35f9a0c9052537ff89b8709046a4a3.jpeg

... I can't get past the tagline.

"They'll die when they're dead".

... I mean, to be dead you kind of have to have already died.  Should've workshopped that one a bit more before going to print.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:16 PM, no3Ljm said:

Just going to post it here -- EXPEND4BLES (expend-four-balls?). :lol: 

image.jpeg.2b35f9a0c9052537ff89b8709046a4a3.jpeg

A movie about 'expendables' - in which none of them expend... I would give this series some props if some of them would die during the course of each movie. Then have the last one being named, 'the Expendable.'

P.S. Just noted Megan Fox is in this. So this is the series where actors go when they're careers have been 'expended...'

Edited by Thom

I want to see a fictional movie about the making of a UHF Sequel. Staring Weird Al as himself and Daniel Radcliffe as Daniel Radcliffe the actor who has been hired to play him in the UHF Sequel.

11 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Watched this one tonight, not sure how accurate it is to the real event but it certainly kept me entertained.

I'll have to give that one a watch. 

Just watch Operation Mincemat last night.  Not a perfect film but well worth the time.  Everyone did a great job representing their characters and the plot is a solid one if overdoing the consequences of failure a bit much.  Though failure would have meant higher losses it would probably not have been a disaster.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...