4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It was good. My family and I liked it. Our standards is not that high. :good:;) 

I didn't dislike it. It just seems like the story was spit out of a computer algorithm. :p

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

I didn't dislike it. It just seems like the story was spit out of a computer algorithm. :p

Hahaha! :lol: I don't disagree. But for me, alien-story-wise, I think this is better than ID4:Resurgence. :rolleyes:

It's funny that it also gave me some 1980's Alien vibe to it towards the end. ;) 

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: I don't disagree. But for me, alien-story-wise, I think this is better than ID4:Resurgence. :rolleyes:

It's funny that it also gave me some 1980's Alien vibe to it towards the end. ;) 

Oh yeah, it was totally 80's vibe. One of the reasons I didn't dislike it.:good:

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

That is a REALLY low bar though.

Hahaha! :lol: Like I said, my standards is that high. ;) 

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Oh yeah, it was totally 80's vibe. One of the reasons I didn't dislike it.:good:

:good:

The Tomorrow War was decent for straight to streaming, lot better than some of the most recent crap action films on Netflix. Netflix does have good drama films at least.

It'd be interesting if Disney+ ever makes a straight to streaming Star Wars or MCU film which I think they should do.

I watched Tomorrow War too and really enjoyed it, it was something I wouldn't have minded paying to see in a theater, but thankfully didn't have to. The aliens were cool looking, and actually quite menacing and dangerous. Plus, we could actually see the creatures, in and out of action, they were cool designs, I liked them, nothing spectacular or original mind you, but they seemed like a real threat. Admittedly, the movie was horribly predictable, as others said above, you can basically guess the next scene, scene after scene, and there were copious amounts of idiotic moments. My favorite stupid part was at the end when

Spoiler

they apparently made the poison to kill the aliens, female included, but I was expecting a gas, from a dispenser, but nope. They literally showed up with what? A few dozen shots, one per monster, and they were going to kill them before they hatched or whatever like that. But why the frakk didn't they just blow them up? They planted the bombs, and they ended up having to blow them up anyway, so why the idiotic poison nonsense? And why not stick the female with the poison first? Also, the female at the end became a bumbling idiot fighting Starlord and J. Jonah Jameson, they were literally able to tackle it, and shove it around, it was laughable. 

I liked it, and fully expected a little scene at the end showing off a surviving egg but nope, I wanted a chance to see The Tomorrow War: Now. 

It was good. Not the best movie, for the reasons stated above, but the action was great as well as the acting, and the emotional scenes really sold it.

As to goofy...

Spoiler

Every country on Earth banded together for this, sacrificing their militaries to help stop the aliens, but as soon as the link was broken with the future, they just gave up..? Esp when one of their soldiers comes back with a bio-weapon that is proven to kill the aliens and they have a great idea as to where they are, and they decided that stopping them before it all starts isn't worth it..? No, even if they had to scrounge up an strike team from wheezing geezers, they should have done it!

But again, it was still a fun ride.😁

Now that I have a few minutes and we're picking The Tomorrow War apart......The weapons drove me insane!

Spoiler

7.5" barrel AR15's with the entire Brownell's catalog bolted to them!:lol: They took a round that was pretty much ineffective against the White Spikes and shortened the barrel so they were less effective and had less range. Absolutely what you want when fighting something that has ranged weapons of its own.:rofl: They should have been carrying Barrett M82's. Or at least some future gun with a REALLY big round with tons of energy delivered down range. Preferably incendiary. They were unloading 100+ rounds of 5.56 into those aliens to slow them down/kill them. No wonder the humans were losing!:pardon:

Back to those stupid AR's. It looks like they had 3x ACOG's on there as the main optic. Arguably over powered for a 7.5" SBR. Then they bolted a 1x RMR at 45deg because......reasons.:search:And that stock/grip arrangement. What is the intended use of that disaster for? Then the loop as the fore grip? Those things made my brain hurt!

The only gun that made sense was the semi auto shotgun that the guy who was on his third tour had. It sucks for range, but at least he could kill an alien up close with a couple of rounds.

You would think in a post John Wick world that movies would figure out the gun thing.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Now that I have a few minutes and we're picking The Tomorrow War apart......The weapons drove me insane!

Hide contents

7.5" barrel AR15's with the entire Brownell's catalog bolted to them!:lol: They took a round that was pretty much ineffective against the White Spikes and shortened the barrel so they were less effective and had less range. Absolutely what you want when fighting something that has ranged weapons of its own.:rofl: They should have been carrying Barrett M82's. Or at least some future gun with a REALLY big round with tons of energy delivered down range. Preferably incendiary. They were unloading 100+ rounds of 5.56 into those aliens to slow them down/kill them. No wonder the humans were losing!:pardon:

Back to those stupid AR's. It looks like they had 3x ACOG's on there as the main optic. Arguably over powered for a 7.5" SBR. Then they bolted a 1x RMR at 45deg because......reasons.:search:And that stock/grip arrangement. What is the intended use of that disaster for? Then the loop as the fore grip? Those things made my brain hurt!

The only gun that made sense was the semi auto shotgun that the guy who was on his third tour had. It sucks for range, but at least he could kill an alien up close with a couple of rounds.

You would think in a post John Wick world that movies would figure out the gun thing.

Yeah, the "Bean Counters" had absolutely no say in how that weapon was put together, nor did any Military Armorer for that matter.  You left out the blast can, which is only going to do wonders for everyone's hearing inside a building or under a concrete bridge.  The AR10 at the end was respectable as far as build went; accurately useful at the range where he actually hurts it, not really. (Unless there were offset sights on it as well; didn't catch them there though.)

Most books or movies tend to borrow something, big or small. The real good ones expand upon them without evoking the source too much, if at all. And if you are going to borrow from something, that list has the best of most choices.

So now we're back to not being able to change the outcome; just how the outcome unfolds? Guess we get to find out who the Vamp's were in the cockpit.  Time travel has been done so interstellar and or dimensional travel? Interstellar War with worm hole jumps?  

• 3 weeks later...

The Worthy. 

2016. Arabic thriller. Inventive villian, great direction, realistic practical/special effects & characters.

And a lovely break from Hollywood. Highly recommended!!

Screenshot_20210801-191116.png

The wife and I watched The Quiet Place I and II over the past few days. I don't get the glowing reviews. Nothing anyone did made any sense. Like........

Spoiler

Why did they need to use the noise emitter to get the aliens to open their heads to shot them in their soft bits? They were constantly opening their heads anyway. 

How is it that the US Military didn't figure the noise thing out. They alreday have "noise weapons". Change the frequency and let er rip.

And many, many more....

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

> A truffle hunter who lives alone in the Oregonian wilderness must return to his past in Portland in search of his beloved foraging pig after she is kidnapped.

I can't tell if that is a joke or not.  Who would have green lit that?

If it wasn't that the movie is actually available to watch right now....I would have just thought the entire thing was a gag based on Cage's recent films.....

Oddly enough, it is getting some good reviews........I'll watch it if I can get a good rental coupon

Edited by jvmacross