33 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Laughed way too hard at this one...

Reveal hidden contents

Brooks and Done

Honest Trailer for one of the greatest films ever;

-b.

Like so many I never went to see this in theaters. Saw it years later and it's one of my top 15 favorites, 

Just now, 505thAirborne said:

Like so many I never went to see this in theaters. Saw it years later and it's one of my top 15 favorites, 

Same, I actually saw it during my freshman year of college. The university was able to show new movies via the campus TV network. But I've supported it since then by buying it on DVD and then again on Blu Ray.

-b.

13 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Same, I actually saw it during my freshman year of college. The university was able to show new movies via the campus TV network. But I've supported it since then by buying it on DVD and then again on Blu Ray.

-b.

A girl I dated years ago kind a shot me down when I first asked her out, she basically said "I don't think we have much in common". I replied "That's cool, see you tomorrow and I guess I'll head home, maybe watch Shawshank Redemption tonight". 

LATER THAT NIGHT

We ordered in pizza at her place, watched it & then found out AKIRA was her other favorite... Good times! :D

15 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Anyone watch this one?

Kind of a fun movie with a very predictable ending in terms of his "quest"...still slim picking out there, but this one was not all that bad....

91pxC4B8V5L._UR1200,1600_RI_.jpg

Where can you watch this one? This one had my interest. 

1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

Where can you watch this one? This one had my interest. 

I had a fandango rental code so watched it there...pretty sure it is also on the other usual sites like Amazon and Vudu...

This one also caught my eye....and I just happen to have an extra code...thanks Geico!

ELEUhAYWoAEumxR.jpg:large

On 1/6/2021 at 12:28 AM, 505thAirborne said:

@jvmacross Cool, I'll give Love & Monsters a shot, The Head Hunter looks cool, at least for me I'm getting kind of a Ralph Bakshi vibe from the poster. 

FYI....I gave The Headhunter a shot...it is sort of slow moving, most of the scenes basically build the dread in your head.....very ominous and the cinematography is very good.....hardly any dialogue, but you know what is basically going on....the end of the movie delivers a twist that was not entirely expected, at least for me....I'd say it's worth the $3.99 rental fee on FandangoNow

On 1/6/2021 at 12:03 AM, jvmacross said:

I had a fandango rental code so watched it there...pretty sure it is also on the other usual sites like Amazon and Vudu...

This one also caught my eye....and I just happen to have an extra code...thanks Geico!

ELEUhAYWoAEumxR.jpg:large

I watched this last night. Very simple, but good.

outsidethewire-movie-poster-image.jpg?it

I watched this. It had an interesting premise (that wasn't revealed until the end). It could have been done well. But the movie was pretty horrible. 

A few notable issues (could be spoilers):

Spoiler

-Putting a bi pod on a H&K G36C to take a 30m shot. So much wrong on so many levels!:lol:

-Not working a line like "I'm not the f$%cking Terminator", or something like that in.

-Why does the de-commissioned nuclear power plant have power?

-If it has power because of some sort of skeleton crew, where are they?

-Who has been maintaining the nuclear missiles?

-Why so many American cars in the Ukraine?

-Why do the Gumps shoot, move and behave like people?

-Why do the Gumps carry weapons? Why aren't they built into their forearms? Why not both?

-Why are the Gumps carrying what appears to be a gun that shoots .308? Why not a bigger round? Why not a smaller and bigger round (like the Russian Gumps)

-Why don't the troops like the Gumps? What solider wouldn't want to send a robot in first?

Watched this last night. Fantastic movie (if it's the kind of movie you want to watch). I'm not sure how to classify it though. I guess it's a drama. But that doesn't really do it justice.

TheDevilAllTheTime.jpg

Edited by sqidd

5 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Last night was throwback Thursday by watching Pulp Fiction. I've seen it dozens of times but it was my wife's first! She was kinda meh about it... But now she knows where I get some of my movie quotes from, lol.

Has she seen the Lewbowski?:D

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Last night was throwback Thursday by watching Pulp Fiction. I've seen it dozens of times but it was my wife's first! She was kinda meh about it... But now she knows where I get some of my movie quotes from, lol.

Way too many good quotes from that film!

Some you can even apply to real life situations (sometimes at your own risk)!

On 1/23/2021 at 9:55 AM, TangledThorns said:

Bored and watched Ad Astra on HBOMax last night. Drab and humorless. The kind of movie I'd watch on a international flight (if  we still flew) and never watch again. I bet Brad Pitt and the director in their small minds thought it was a smart film.

Ad Astra is one of those movies where after you've watched it you can feel yourself saying "they had a good idea & story to tell" and then it just derailed. It feels like a first draft story and it needed to start from scratch as it feels more like random scenes at times. 

PULP FICTION, I saw this twice when it first released in theaters and is still one of my Top 10 favorite movies. Tarantino was at his best with this one. 

I still have Ezekiel 25:17 memorized. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you want to watch a a movie that will cause your blood pressure to skyrocket from having so much hatred towards a main character or realizing this movie is based on some actual facts that if you are an Elderly person, these court appointed guardians can legally (mostly) take everything away from you, everything that you own including your family, this is the film for you. 

The highlight is Peter Dinklage as he is just such an awesome actor. 

Overall it's a good movie and Rosamund Pike proves she's a damn skilled actress.