On 6/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, Alex GS said:

why they are so opaque in color?, even the retros have better metallic coloring, still I think will support this and buy some, seriously Super7 lost a huge opportunity here , it went from a Insta-purchase to a probably-purchase buy just because of the color.

My guess is that they'll try to milk the tooling for another, metalized edition down the line. They could do it now, but releasing the ideal version first means fewer second purchases. Kinda like the way smart diecast car manufacturers release a Ferrari in yellow for the initial run, becaue they know everyone wants the red: they get the impulse buyers first, then the rest with the red release.

http://thundercats.org/2021/06/catching-up-with-brian-flynn-super7-june-2021/

TC.org: Variants is part of the game. Would consider to “giving in” to fan demand and delivering a more metallic version of Quicksilver and his allies in the future, similar to the Silver Surfer figure that was released that boasted a shiny look?

BF: We might get there one day, but right now, we’re focusing on delivering figures that are a close resemblance to how they appeared on screen. We’re currently still spending a lot of time on paint, and these figures you see have more of a matte finish, but we’re working on it having a pearlized metallic look or sheen, but something that still matching what was on screen and not a glossy figure. We’re also looking at a paint similar to what cars are painted with, that metallic paint finish that shifts from blue to silver or from red to purple when you look at it. I’m not making any promises on that, though, but we’re looking at the best options for these figures. They’re SilverHawks, not Chrome-Hawks, right?

The ability to go metallic is definitely there, though cost may be one important factor. There are numerous items I've had over the years which sport a fairly durable dull silver paint. The fact that Masterpiece transformers now sport mostly painted surfaces is itself indicative that they can formulate durable finishes for at least semy-playable collectibles. No need for fancy chameleon finishes. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I hate interviews like that. They need to decide on the look before taking money from customers.

If you placed the order thru BBTS or other shops, then you're safe. They charge once the items are available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Super7 Ultimates figures and toys
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Big s said:

I liked the starcom gimmick with the magnetic feet. My brother and I were always in my moms way while she was cooking because we would have a war in the kitchen sticking those guys against the fridge 

Yeah; I liked how you could fold up the smaller fighters and put them inside the larger bombers.

I haven't ordered any Simpsons figures yet but I might get a few.  I'd be interested in a set of the Simpsons family, McBain, Comic Book Guy, and a regular Itchy and Scratchy.