Wave 1/72 vf-171

seti88

5 hours ago, Thom said:

Fine by me. If it has good sales, maybe Bandai will toss into the mix. Either way, nice to see something in hand.

Now, c'mon Wave, hurry up with that!

I wonder if Wave would consider doing any of the colony vessels at small scale (1/8000 maybe)?

On 4/1/2022 at 5:13 AM, Big s said:

No. If it’s like the vf4 then only fighter. The 1/100 vf1 kits were the only ones wave did as parts formers 

1/100 what the heck. Gimme 1/72 variables ! I guess Bandai still owns that. I'll give them credit for that.. 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

1/100 what the heck. Gimme 1/72 variables ! I guess Bandai still owns that. I'll give them credit for that.. 

It’s kinda confusing as far as who owns what rights these days. Bandai had the transformable 1/72 and some 1/100 fighters. Hasegawa  does some 1/72 fighters and wave does others. Wave had the 1/72 destroids and parts forming 1/100 vf1s. I honestly don’t know who can do what these days. It’s kind of a weird mix. There are a few others I didn’t even mention because it’s getting a bit all over the place. I still miss the Tony tech line and really wish those continued 

10 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s kinda confusing as far as who owns what rights these days. Bandai had the transformable 1/72 and some 1/100 fighters. Hasegawa  does some 1/72 fighters and wave does others. Wave had the 1/72 destroids and parts forming 1/100 vf1s. I honestly don’t know who can do what these days. It’s kind of a weird mix. There are a few others I didn’t even mention because it’s getting a bit all over the place. I still miss the Tony tech line and really wish those continued 

Maybe once BW and HG get their agreements in line, we can see new stuff all around?

On 4/2/2022 at 10:21 PM, pengbuzz said:

I wonder if Wave would consider doing any of the colony vessels at small scale (1/8000 maybe)?

I'd be out a lot of $$$ if that happened!

Do it Wave!!

• 4 months later...

So, I actually got this announcement from BBTS through my email, and they are charging twice as much.  YEEEESH. :rolleyes: 

Not sure if I want to grab a pair at HLJ, I feel like I've got enough of the 171 versions scattered around (sometimes literally, like shrapnel :p)  I think I'd be a lot more interested if they transformed.

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of hope it's just a single kit with multiple canopies, because I think that is literally the only difference between them, and I'd rather build the green one anyhow.

Though I have to say one thing about the 171.. I give them credit for designing something that looks exactly the same on the screen as it does in-hand, in all modes.  The fact that the dedicated fighter kit looks identical to the transforming one is such a crazy leap from how the first transforming valk toys were. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...