Netflix PACIFIC RIM: The Black in 2021

no3Ljm

• 1 year later...

I've gotten as far as episode 3, where they come upon the "Domain of the Sisters".  Episode 2 is a nod to Jurassic World and it's less than stellar thinking.  Season 2 is sorta feeling like Amber Heard was allowed to drop and in and visit the bedroom.  

1 hour ago, Wolf-1 said:

I've gotten as far as episode 3, where they come upon the "Domain of the Sisters".  Episode 2 is a nod to Jurassic World and it's less than stellar thinking.  Season 2 is sorta feeling like Amber Heard was allowed to drop and in and visit the bedroom.  

NF sure seems to drop the ball when it comes to second seasons.

I just feel like it's going off the rails simply because they can.  The first two films gave us a total of what, 7-10 Jaeger's, from all around the world.  We see that Australia has more than that in one valley; why, how?  The Sisters aren't the reason, at least not the main reason, they would be more cause than effect.  

2 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

I just feel like it's going off the rails simply because they can.  The first two films gave us a total of what, 7-10 Jaeger's, from all around the world.  We see that Australia has more than that in one valley; why, how?  The Sisters aren't the reason, at least not the main reason, they would be more cause than effect.  

I never thought that hard about it. But now that you point it out, perhaps, being an island continent, Australia was besieged by a far greater plague of kaiju all along its shores necessitating greater Jaeger production numbers. I'm just spitballing, but that could be a hypothetical reason.

At any rate, I was more interested in the Sisters subplot and how that ended up resolving. It was a bittersweet ending for Mei, Taylor, and Hayley.

18 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

Keep in mind Jaegers were mass produced in large quantities for years upon years. Pacific Rim 1 had 4 remaining in operation, and more were clearly in operation for Uprising including the Drone ones and they clearly were operating more than just the one Shatterdome in Uprising given you see the attacks on the other domes in it. Australia likely had operations to try and get it under control for a while before they gave up and abandoned the continent, and with that base just outside their territory it's not hard to suspect they'd send in Jaegers occasionally.

34 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

Keep in mind Jaegers were mass produced in large quantities for years upon years. Pacific Rim 1 had 4 remaining in operation, and more were clearly in operation for Uprising including the Drone ones and they clearly were operating more than just the one Shatterdome in Uprising given you see the attacks on the other domes in it. Australia likely had operations to try and get it under control for a while before they gave up and abandoned the continent, and with that base just outside their territory it's not hard to suspect they'd send in Jaegers occasionally.

They were massed produced but not in mass quanity; size, construction time and raw material make that imposssible.  2019 was the end of Jaegar construction and the height of Jaegar's, with the world having 30 active Jaegars, by 2025 only 4 remain on active duty. The Mark 5 Striker Eureka came with a price tag of over 100 Billion; not to mention alll the money and resources constantly going to the Wall project. The Australian Shatterdome was shutdown on 12-29-24; again if Australia is that important to both sides, why? 

8 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

They were massed produced but not in mass quanity; size, construction time and raw material make that imposssible.  2019 was the end of Jaegar construction and the height of Jaegar's, with the world having 30 active Jaegars, by 2025 only 4 remain on active duty. The Mark 5 Striker Eureka came with a price tag of over 100 Billion; not to mention alll the money and resources constantly going to the Wall project. The Australian Shatterdome was shutdown on 12-29-24; again if Australia is that important to both sides, why? 

I really wouldn't put too much thought into the numbers involved in a series about giant robots where one of the giant robots is introduced by bragging about how it doesn't use any alloys in its construction. Just go off what it shows. 

2 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

I really wouldn't put too much thought into the numbers involved in a series about giant robots where one of the giant robots is introduced by bragging about how it doesn't use any alloys in its construction. Just go off what it shows. 

"Gypsy's analog. Nuclear."

7 hours ago, JB0 said:

"Gypsy's analog. Nuclear."

That's definitely one of the other goofy lines. I think it's Cherno Alpha where they brag about how it's pure steel, no alloys at all involved in its construction. You really can't take any specifics of what it tells you too seriously. Plus the Hong Kong Shatterdome alone was said to be capable of handling 30 Jaegers all on its lonesome at peak across 6 bays, so I really doubt they maxed out at 30 active total across the entire Pacific.