Another great episode for Lower Decks! For anyone that doesn’t like Mariner they’ll appreciate this episode. I like her but she did take some getting used to but she’s learning and definitely gets humbled from time to time. ;)

Chris

18 hours ago, Dobber said:

Another great episode for Lower Decks! For anyone that doesn’t like Mariner they’ll appreciate this episode. I like her but she did take some getting used to but she’s learning and definitely gets humbled from time to time. ;)

😆

Spoiler
  • Ketracel White-Hot...17,000,000 SHU. Good GAWD. What's the bottle made of???? Transparent aluminum? (for reference, a Carolina Reaper is ~1,500,000 SHU) And does it even have any flavor? It's all heat&pain at that level...
  • First Contact theme during the Bozeman, Montana scene. 😆
  • Boimler wearing the same clothes as Wesley and Rutherford are wearing Jake Sisko's top. 😆
  • They got James Cromwell to do the Cochrane voice-over.
  • Kelsey Grammar's Capt. Bateson is still around.

On 8/26/2022 at 11:05 AM, azrael said:

😆

Hide contents
  • Ketracel White-Hot...17,000,000 SHU. Good GAWD. What's the bottle made of???? Transparent aluminum? (for reference, a Carolina Reaper is ~1,500,000 SHU) And does it even have any flavor? It's all heat&pain at that level...
  • First Contact theme during the Bozeman, Montana scene. 😆
  • Boimler wearing the same clothes as Wesley and Rutherford are wearing Jake Sisko's top. 😆
  • They got James Cromwell to do the Cochrane voice-over.
  • Kelsey Grammar's Capt. Bateson is still around.

Yup, also

Spoiler

Capt. Jelico was mention in the news ticker at the beginning. He bans the Zebulon sisters from all starships now. Lol  For any that don’t remember Jelico was the hard assed temporary Capt of the E-D when Picard was captured by the Cardassians and the Zebulon Sisters is the band that does the Choo-choo song that Boimler and Mariner where fans of in the first season.

Also….I’m your Mama now! Lol

Edited by Dobber

Spoiler

When they mention Ferengi knockoff, Gowron expansion pack, DLCs with Ferengi black market tax, the only thought to my head was..."Ya sure that's the Ferengi and not our current gaming industry?" Paid DLCs, season passes, exclusive PAID content, micro-transactions...all feels very Ferengi..🧐🤔🤨

On 9/2/2022 at 12:55 AM, azrael said:
  Hide contents

When they mention Ferengi knockoff, Gowron expansion pack, DLCs with Ferengi black market tax, the only thought to my head was..."Ya sure that's the Ferengi and not our current gaming industry?" Paid DLCs, season passes, exclusive PAID content, micro-transactions...all feels very Ferengi..🧐🤔🤨

Spoiler

I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to convince me that the gaming industry as a whole didn't entirely adapt the Rules of Acquisition years ago as a code of preferred business practices.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Awesome! LD and SNW are very enjoyable. I really hated LD at first but when I gave it another chance and got past the first couple of episodes I saw it wasn’t what I was afraid it was going to be. It was actually very TNG in spirit while also poking fun at it but in good humor. 

Chris

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

I guess they kinda had a whale in Episode 1.   "I want a Fish!"

You know the Probe is in the opening credits? That whole clusterfrak with the Borg, Romulans, Packleds, Klingons, the Crystalline Entity (that spot in the opening gets more crowded each season...)

On 9/9/2023 at 2:10 PM, azrael said:

You know the Probe is in the opening credits? That whole clusterfrak with the Borg, Romulans, Packleds, Klingons, the Crystalline Entity (that spot in the opening gets more crowded each season...)

Huh.  I usually skip the title sequence.  Guess I’ll go back and check it out.