Slow Boat Shipping During COVID Poll - You Vote Now!!!

sqidd

Slow boat shipping  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How long did your slow boat shipment take during COVID (now)?

• 2 weeks
    • 3 weeks
    • 1mo
    • 1mo 1wk
    • 1mo 2wks
    • 1mo 3wks
    • 2mo
    • 2mo 1wk
    • 2mo 2wk
    • 2mo 3wk
    • 3mo
    • 3mo 1wk
    • 3mo 2wk
    • 3mo 3wk
    • 4mo
    • 4mo 1wk
    • 4mo 2wks
    • 4mo 3wks
    • 5mo
    • 5mo 1wk

Some shipments that went out right at the beginning of the lockdown took 3 months. My most recent shipments arrived right at 2 months. Before Covid, 1-2 months was normal and often closer to 2 so it seems like at least based on my few shipments that it is getting back to normal for Ferry shipping times.

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Some shipments that went out right at the beginning of the lockdown took 3 months. My most recent shipments arrived right at 2 months. Before Covid, 1-2 months was normal and often closer to 2 so it seems like at least based on my few shipments that it is getting back to normal for Ferry shipping times.

:good::hail:

I may actually start shipping some stuff ferry. One of the signs of the apocalypse.  And mostly your fault.:p

Is there any trick to ferry shipping and insurance? Limits? Etc?

Edited by sqidd

1 minute ago, vladykins said:

BBTS's stuff has been about 2-2.5 months behind release.

They're probably shipping freight which has different networks/ship times. I imagine their boxes are big.  If not pallets or containers.I also imagine that they may hold product in Japan while waiting for other product to be released so they can get it all shipped over at once. Which would be less expensive for them. There is a huge difference in per unit shipping cost per when shipping one unit vs a 53' container. And everything in between. I currently have half of a container in route from China. The per unit shipping cost is amazingly low. The shipping network is in no way connected to the one our stuff goes through when we order.

Short version, apples and oranges.:good:

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

:good::hail:

I may actually start shipping some stuff ferry. One of the signs of the apocalypse.  And mostly your fault.:p

Is there any trick to ferry shipping and insurance? Limits? Etc?

Haha, and I just mentioned that waiting isn't in your vocabulary.:D

I think there is a limit to Ferry insurance but I never pay attention to insurance. You know me, these items are basically "black market" in the sense that they are not supposed to be available to us to begin with so I don't expect much service. On the other hand, I also don't live my life by worrying about other people doing their jobs right. If I had to do all that, I'd rather just not deal with any of it to begin with. Basically, I expect that manufactures manufacture properly to a certain standard and shippers ship. If for some reason, they can't do their jobs right, that's what credit cards are for. The ultimate "insurance" for any purchase. Luckily, I rarely have to go that far.

21 minutes ago, vladykins said:

BBTS's stuff has been about 2-2.5 months behind release.

In my experience, buying from domestic shops, even before Covid, means you get Japanese releases several months later.

Bought some stuff from an eBay seller in China/Hong Kong back in late April.

Basically a bunch of 3.75” figures packed in a small envelope sized cardboard box.

Finally got it about 10 weeks later.

Literally had to be shipped on a slow boat from China.