Is There A Good 1/60 VT-1?

sqidd

I took a look at @jenius's site and maybe I'm just blind but I only see one 1/60 VT-1 release. The Yamato 2009 vintage. And he has it "in red" which I was under the impression means stay away???? I don't know why though. The shoulders?

-Any other options?

-It would only be displayed in fighter. I guess that makes the shoulder issue a non issue......if there is a shoulder issue.

-Assuming no other options and that the shoulder issue is the only problem is it a good fit for my needs at the right price?

What say you? Thanks!:hail:

Arcadia-PF-Elintseeker-2.jpg

I got a lightly used one years ago from a guy here. Like new. I panel lined it and stickered it up. Shoulders looked fine when I received it, so I don't know if they have an issue. That being said, I've never transformed it, it's on a Yeti stand with my VE-1 in fighter mode for life.  

4 hours ago, tekering said:

I would wait for the rumored "Premium Finish" reissue.  I'm hoping Arcadia corrects the orange.  :unsure:

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Waiting isn’t a thing when it comes to @sqidd;):D

But that’s exactly what I’m doing. 

When my toy Senpai speaks, I listen.:hail:

Yeah, the original release didn't sell all that well, and I picked mine up on clearance from HLJ in the first place.  I think I was able to get a pair of factory shoulders for mine, but they're still in the box, since the VT-1 never went past half-gerwalk anyhow.

Would love to see a PF version, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you can find one without cracked shoulders, you can keep them from cracking by just replacing the pin.

They prices I'm seeing on them are nowhere near the "Meh, I'll give it a shot" territory.:(

8 hours ago, tekering said:

I would wait for the rumored "Premium Finish" reissue.  I'm hoping Arcadia corrects the orange.  :unsure:

Both Yamato and Bandai got the orange wrong. Maybe Arcadia will get it right if they do a reissue. We'll have to wait and see. I'm in for a PF version as I've been unhappy with how my VT-1 turned out.

49670315456_0babf4b0b8_o.jpg

52 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Both Yamato and Bandai got the orange wrong. Maybe Arcadia will get it right if they do a reissue. We'll have to wait and see. I'm in for a PF version as I've been unhappy with how my VT-1 turned out.

49670315456_0babf4b0b8_o.jpg

I just realized how bad my HMR looks!:rofl:

46 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just realized how bad my HMR looks!:rofl:

That's 'cause Bandai just applied the VF-1D TV colors to their HMR VT-1.  <_<

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Both Yamato and Bandai got the orange wrong.

Oh certainly, Yamato's 1:60 was a lot closer to the movie color...

875171310_herovalk.jpeg.1e3edfe660226875eef2e39afa189ce5.jpeg

...but I think they must've gotten confused by the funky lighting present in the irradiated Earth sequence, and tried to incorporate some of that wine red as well.  :unsure:

280959274_earthtones.jpg.9287473e464fa3985b5bb8b36614585d.jpg

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think I was able to get a pair of factory shoulders for mine, but they're still in the box, since the VT-1 never went past half-gerwalk anyhow.

Do you remember Do You Remember Love?  :huh:

57071366_watchthefuckinfilm.jpeg.95c769e367aef2b83baa9dc518c7213f.jpeg

1094050304_DoYouRemember.jpeg.5578cd9f07c0fa68c65df671b7b40a21.jpeg

Sometimes, I wonder if you toy collectors actually watch anime.  :p

14 minutes ago, tekering said:

Who needs to re-watch? We all remember it in glorious imaginary 4k, exactly as the Saturday morning we watched it. :rolleyes:

Even aside from anime magic, nothing will ever match perfectly just due to people asking that it matches their memories rather than the actual on-screen images. 

33 minutes ago, tekering said:

Hey Mister! I'll have you know that I have watched DYRL ......................once!:lol:

I was thinking of re-watching it again tonight. I'm playing with toys right now though.:rofl:

Edited by sqidd

Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one here who doesn’t have the source material on while I’m playing with my toys to compare and then nerd rage when I find something that doesn’t match perfectly. I love anime and I love toys. They are two things that can be related but don’t have to match perfectly for me to enjoy either. 

29 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I love anime and I love toys. They are two things that can be related but don’t have to match perfectly for me to enjoy either. 

I hear you, man; I used to be the same way.  Life was so much easier in elementary school.  :(

Now, back to the nerd rage:

1662523251_nosejetsinaction.jpeg.7777bbeb1fdc0c725da625a5cd5060d3.jpeg

Why the hell don't my VT-1 toys have VTOL jets sculpted into the nosecone, like we all know they're supposed to?!  :aggressive:

13 minutes ago, tekering said:

I hear you, man; I used to be the same way.  Life was so much easier in elementary school.  :(

Why the hell don't my VT-1 toys have VTOL jets sculpted into the nosecone, like we all know they're supposed to?!  :aggressive:

And back to the backhanded insults carried over from the postal thread?:lol:

Gotta love it!:D

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

And back to the backhanded insults carried over from the postal thread?:lol:

Gotta love it!:D

Isn't a "backhanded insult".......................a compliment?:lol:

And

WHO ARE YOU CALLING A NERD!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

Edited by sqidd

Yeah, Slave IV knows I'm a facetious bugger.  :p

I've actually never been able to accept a toy on its own merits; even as an elementary school student, I nerd raged over G1 Transformers, that never looked anything like those cool robots on TV.

Now, I'm much more upset that we never got a toy, model kit or action figure with the VF-1JS hybrid head from DYRL.  :(

VF-1JS.jpg.eaf391d12d8cbe1c783c06050412e4a8.jpg

Since where talking about the VT-1 colours, @valhary posted this in the "What's next for Arcadia thread" back in September 21. 2019 as a teaser. however it was a life preserver orange colour.

If Arcadia does make a PE VT-1, maybe a slight de-saturation of the orange may happen or copy the exact bright orange like the Yammie?  :unknw:

EE5ZQPbVAAEZg_v.thumb.jpg.2a212c6b09d2b2f45b479b00f6eac250.jpg

leg.jpg.3dab553c50db4ba0e8a3e85833cfc8de.jpg

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Does this lead us to "why does it come with landing gears?"  Was it even shown in the movie with landing gears?  Because I don't remember landing gears.  I've watched DYRL like 5 time or so I think.  As far as color: In my head it should be safety orange.  Safety Orange is always the correct color!  :acute:

8 hours ago, tekering said:

Do you remember Do You Remember Love?  :huh:

57071366_watchthefuckinfilm.jpeg.95c769e367aef2b83baa9dc518c7213f.jpeg

1094050304_DoYouRemember.jpeg.5578cd9f07c0fa68c65df671b7b40a21.jpeg

You know, I genuinely don't remember ever seeing that frame.  I wonder if it wasn't in the copy of DYRL I've watched all these years?  It wasn't a great quality recording.

Far as the color goes, the orange never bothered me, since it reminded me more of the bright red/orange used on some training aircraft schemes I've always loved.

Edited by Chronocidal

It's up to you if you want to wait, but the link above describes how to dissemble the shoulders, clean them, repair them using the loctite plastic bonding system, file the knurl, then reassemble them.  Ive done it on a half dozen valks a few completely failed, and a few preemptive with very good results.  You still want to handle them gently, preferably lifting the shoulder joint from below while transforming, but I haven't had one fail yet after the fix.