Which Direction Do VF-1S Head Lasers Point? PLEASE VOTE!

sqidd

Head Lasers - What Do You Think Cannon Is & What Do You Like?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Head Lasers - What Do You Think Cannon Is & What Do You Like?

• Cannon Is Canted Forward - And I Like Them Canted Forward
    • Cannon Is Canted Forward - But, I Like Them Straight Up
    • Cannon Is Canted Forward - But, I Like Them Canted Back
    • Cannon Is Canted Forward - But, I Put Them Wherever I Like At The Time
    • Cannon Is Canted Forward - But, I don't Care
    • Cannon Is Canted Back - And I Like Them Canted Back
    • Cannon Is Canted Back - But, I Like Them Canted Forward
    • Cannon Is Canted Back - But, I Like Them Straight Up
    • Cannon Is Canted Back - But, I Put Them Wherever I Like At The Time
    • Cannon Is Canted Back - But, I don't Care
    • Cannon Is Straight Up - And I Like Them Straight Up
    • Cannon Is Straight Up - But, I Like Them Canted Forward
    • Cannon Is Straight Up - But, I Like Them Canted Back
    • Cannon Is Straight Up - But, I Put Them Wherever I Like At The Time
    • Cannon Is Straight Up - But, I don't Care
    • Cannon Has No Standard - But, I Like Them Canted Forward
    • Cannon Has No Standard - But, I Like Them Straight Up
    • Cannon Has No Standard - But, I Like Them Canted Back
    • Cannon Has No Standard - But, I Put Them Wherever I Like At The Time
    • Cannon Has No Standard - But, I don't Care

I botched my last poll because I didn't think through the possible answers enough. Hopefully I didn't over correct and put to many possibilities in this one. If only 20 people vote this is going to look really stupid.:D

I kept this to the VF-1S in Battroid. And to narrowed it down even more to Focker to keep it simple. There could be 20 more answers adding Hikaru, 20 more adding Max, etc.

download.png.1fff98cd4e921bb5252dd7838a42c9bb.png

A tidbit someone added below:

"The head lasers are described in the Official Setting as weapons for rear anti-air defense." Link to source.

The question is a two parter. I did this because some people (me for instance) don't care that much about cannon. Some do. But, I also figured this would be a good time to figure out if there was consensus on what cannon is. I suppose Mr. K would be the person to ask. But his answer may be something along the lines of "depends". So I think even when it comes to what cannon is there is still wiggle room. 

"What Do You Think Cannon Is" - This is exactly what it sounds like. It's not what you want cannon to be. It's what you think the "spirit" of cannon is. Or maybe it's better put as what do you think Mr K's intentions were.

"What Do You Like?" - This is easy, what do you prefer?

Edited by sqidd

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

12 views and 1 vote (and mine). Why open it and not vote? Too many potential answers?:p

I think it really doesn't matter and it's just all about preference. I used to never want it positioned forward shooting but now it's how I have it displayed and probably perpetually or until the plastic deteriorates. 

Haha, all those choices and none of them actually match my preference. I voted there is no standard because the canon indicates that they can be anywhere depending on situation. I also like them canted forward but not as much as in the picture you provided as a sample. My preference is that each pair on the sides are “V” angled, not parallel with each other and the rear ones should be straight up, making the front lasers slightly canted forward. Actually, I am hereby declaring that this is the proper way for canon and any preference. :D

Edited by Slave IV

Just now, Slave IV said:

Haha, all those choices and none of them actually match my preference. I voted there is no standard because the canon indicates that they can be anywhere depending on situation. I also like them canted forward but not as much as in the picture you provided as a sample. My preference is that each pair on the side are “V” angled, not parallel with each other and the rear one should be straight up, making the front laser slightly canted forward. Actually, I am hereby declaring that is is the proper way for canon and any preference. :D

And henceforth, it was so.........:hail:

Actually, I think I would call your preference canted forward. Because I said so.:p

Good point on the V formation. There weren't enough fields to do that too. Not that I thought of it.

I put mine down as I put them where I want at the time. That's not necessarily true. I do prefer the V formation and I cant them forward almost all of the time........until I just took a really hard look at a pic I ran across. I just move a few of mine to canted back and I'm going to see how it grows on me. I think I like it. I'm just not sure if I like it more than canted forward (slightly). I hope I don't like it. I'll have to go through and change the entire Focker army!:shok: I threw the poll up because polls can be fun sometimes. I used to post on primarily drag race oriented board that is pretty famous for having a no holds barred section (the only things off limits were wives and kids). There was no moderation and the site owner refused to delete anything. As you can imagine it was a dumpster fire in there. But, it was kind of a fun dumpster fire. I used to post up some bonkers polls just to see what the percentages came back at. I would give you an example..........but that none of them would be Kosher here.:D

20 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I think it really doesn't matter and it's just all about preference. I used to never want it positioned forward shooting but now it's how I have it displayed and probably perpetually or until the plastic deteriorates. 

I don't think it matters either. I am curious how many people think it does.;)

Well crap, I can't stop messing with one of my DX's now!!! Stupid OCD!!!:rofl:

I was going to un-box and box some stuff up, Take pictures, list some stuff for sale, etc. This head laser thing just blew that up!

Presuming that the poll is about when it's in Battroid only... the head lasers are described in the Official Setting as weapons for rear anti-air defence (not just the VF-1, mind you).  However, in Fighter form, due to their forward/downward firing arc, they have also made the VF-1 be described as an attacker/ground attack specialized VF in some Official Setting materials...

5 hours ago, sketchley said:

Presuming that the poll is about when it's in Battroid only... the head lasers are described in the Official Setting as weapons for rear anti-air defense (not just the VF-1, mind you).  However, in Fighter form, due to their forward/downward firing arc, they have also made the VF-1 be described as an attacker/ground attack specialized VF in some Official Setting materials...

Yes Battroid. I'll update the poll

That is interesting. That would make me inclined to think while in Battroid canted back is the "base" setting and something I would be more likely to call cannon.

Where did these official settings come from? Got a link? Thanks!

Edited by sqidd

Cannon Has No Standard - But, I Put Them Wherever I Like At The Time

was my vote.
Depends on the pose/situation, for me.

I suppose as a default I tilt '1S head lasers back a bit from vertical.

48 minutes ago, slide said:
Cannon Has No Standard - But, I Put Them Wherever I Like At The Time

was my vote.
Depends on the pose/situation, for me.

I suppose as a default I tilt '1S head lasers back a bit from vertical.

Same. Here you can see my 1S with them canted forward for combat:

118461771_10217873176166068_8881561847012148291_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=e0dczkDOglgAX_tjo9N&_nc_oc=AQk9wpxCwJ3qD7fFf3MpCOi1R-LV0CwpJY2bumZP57V0-EjKMYqaHI5DFuLo1m_wFT8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=8609c3cbc6d98570c6d11a930f88c8ff&oe=5F718031

But then here I have it up and slightly back:

83048763_10216067679189772_4883168659234619392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=78_-B2PoDZ0AX-3vQ-L&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=884193f9c3759cb4c4c6a0d32964ebd6&oe=5F7333F7

And my chunkies are almost always straight up or slightly back.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Same. Here you can see my 1S with them canted forward for combat:

But then here I have it up and slightly back:

83048763_10216067679189772_4883168659234619392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=78_-B2PoDZ0AX-3vQ-L&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=884193f9c3759cb4c4c6a0d32964ebd6&oe=5F7333F7

And my chunkies are almost always straight up or slightly back.

Damn! I wish Yamato had made a 1/48 Focker Low Vis!!!! So awesome.:good:

It's been awhile since I posed the 1/48 Yammie 1S in battroid, but don't the head lasers spread out into more of a "V" the further back you angle them?

Meaning when pointed forward or in fighter mode, the left and right head lasers are all pointing in the same direction.  But when in battroid mode and pointed backwards, the right set is no longer pointing in the same direction as the left set of lasers (Hence, the "V").

It's subtle, but it's definitely there.

All this to say, there's nothing wrong with pointing the lasers forward or straight up.  But the default "The Way the Good Lord Intended" look is canted back, because of the kewl , swept-back, V look. :p

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Muahaha!

20200901_104826.jpg.c94a21ab737c4e2cb4f6ce09170a5b22.jpg

Along with torturing animals this is a clear sign that a serial killer is going through the development phase. Seek help!:p

What bothers me the most about that pic is that I know how anal I get about the setup of the DX head lasers and how difficult it is to get them exact from side to side. You triggered me!!!8P I like the DX head laser adjust-ability and options. But man. it's borderline too many choices.:lol:

Edited by sqidd