SDF-1 1/2400 Papercraft scans??

Photogirl

There's someone here that scanned it and actually scaled it up to 1/1600.  It is absolutely massive and a very impressive build.  I would love to do one up as well, but even if I had the files, i'm not sure I could build it without looking like a total POS.

14 minutes ago, peter said:

There's someone here that scanned it and actually scaled it up to 1/1600.  It is absolutely massive and a very impressive build.  I would love to do one up as well, but even if I had the files, i'm not sure I could build it without looking like a total POS.

Ya, thats the build i saw when i first was looking online for images to help build my Hasegawa 1/4000 attack SDF-1
That thread was a huge inspiration for my dive back into Macross. 

On 8/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, Photogirl said:

Ya, thats the build i saw when i first was looking online for images to help build my Hasegawa 1/4000 attack SDF-1
That thread was a huge inspiration for my dive back into Macross. 

That build was pretty epic; I think a lot of us were just floored by it! It had some influence when I did my Arii Storm Attacker a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, Nyankodevice said:

i still have the scans for this! 

if you are interested?

Those scans must be huge! I didn't think to ask about them back then. :(

Edited by pengbuzz

On 8/28/2020 at 12:03 PM, Nyankodevice said:

i still have the scans for this! 

if you are interested?

@Nyankodevice

I've never done anything with paper apart from making paper cranes.  Is this something someone like me should even bother attempting?

Is this something that can be e-mailed and I just print them on my printer, or do I have to take them to a print shop and get it done on different quality paper?  Sorry for all the questions, but your build was mind-blowing and quite intimidating.  

:)

Edited by peter

On 8/31/2020 at 10:21 PM, peter said:

@Nyankodevice

I've never done anything with paper apart from making paper cranes.  Is this something someone like me should even bother attempting?

Is this something that can be e-mailed and I just print them on my printer, or do I have to take them to a print shop and get it done on different quality paper?  Sorry for all the questions, but your build was mind-blowing and quite intimidating.  

:)

i used a regular a3 printer, and i printed it on 250 grams paper, which is plenty strong for this build