4 hours ago, electric indigo said:

After trying to brain my way through three seasons of "Dark", I hope I'm ready for another time-twisting adventure.

Check out Counterpart. It's really good. More brainy and less action. It makes you think about who you are and how you got that way. 

Really looking forward to Tenet....looks trippy. Didn’t really care for that trailer though....seemed more about the music than the movie. Different strokes though.

Chris

10 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Really looking forward to Tenet....looks trippy. Didn’t really care for that trailer though....seemed more about the music than the movie. Different strokes though.

Chris

Definitely promoting the song, but more than that, it felt rather long and disjointed, so you get no real sense of what it's really all about- what's the end goal? To prevent a dystopian future? The time stuff is cool, and it seems like they're using it to a different effect than we usually see in sci-fi, although to my eyes, it looks more like telekinesis.

Still, I like sci-fi, and this looks interesting. From all the stuff going on in the trailer, it seems to me it'd be better realized as a series.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:20 AM, electric indigo said:

Looks really cool. And I'd watch J.K. Simmons reading a phone book.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:25 AM, Dobber said:

That man still haunts me from watching him in Oz.

Chris

He's really great. Counterpart possibly one of his greatest.

And don't forget him in Spiderman. He was fantastic there too. He has some serious range.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

He's really great. Counterpart possibly one of his greatest.

And don't forget him in Spiderman. He was fantastic there too. He has some serious range.

He’s also played Fletcher, the music teacher from hell, in Whiplash.

”There are no two words in the English language more harmful than good job.

Just now, Mog said:

He’s also played Fletcher, the music teacher from hell, in Whiplash.

”There are no two words in the English language more harmful than good job.

I've never seen it. I'm going to now. Thanks!:hi:

Wrote this on FB:

Christopher Nolan's next movie will have already been seen by you by the time it hits theaters. You'll walk in, sit down, watch a two-minute sequence that recontextualizes the last four years of your life, and then you'll walk out of the theater, backwards, return your popcorn and soda, and watch in wide-eyed wonder as you hand the receptionist your ticket stub and they stitch it back together. You'll find yourself standing outside the theater, trembling in equal parts terror and anticipation, knowing exactly what awaits you inside, and then inexorably you'll take a step forward.

Anyway, here's hoping this movie is still in theaters this time next year. Or does a second run, I dunno. Nolan's movies have their issues, but they do justify the theater experience.

On 8/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, Dobber said:

Chris

Agreed on this trailer.

Somehow this thread is the first I'm hearing about this movie other than "*gasp* it got delayed!" from overly-dramatic film critics.

Looks interesting... but oh man... "there are people in the future that need us" ... oh boy, that line almost made me vomit from laughing so hard!

• 3 months later...