Core Clash: Transformers-like boardgame final days on Kickstarter

This mecha skirmish game consists of a free for all PvP arena style mode and a PvE co-op tower defense mode against enemy hordes for up to 4 players. The combat roles of the robots greatly remind me of those from the Gundam Extreme VS arcade video games. The robots have no factions so you could freely form your team(teams of 3 from a pool of 13+ characters, minimum of 286 combinations). There are also coloured cubes to identify teams, something that I rarely see in board games. Miniatures are made in a durable PU resin due to the size of the production run and the requirements of such detailed sculpts. PU resin is as strong as PVC as I have personally had some PU resin third party Revoltechs of transformer characters. I know that most people are action figure collectors here, but I am a former action figure collector who has gone through Gundam, Transformers and Macross and other Sunrise mecha. I got into mecha board games(which rarely exists) to relieve myself of the pain of waiting 20 years to complete a character line of action figures or the dread of missing obscure characters. Board games, especially kickstarter ones, offers you all the characters of an original universe all in one go along with board tiles and terrain to create a battle diorama. Moreover, board games include combat stats for the units to interact with each other so you know how much damage their attacks do and how much health one guy has compared to another. The creators are a small team of mecha fans in Hong Kong so their upfront costs of this project is limited.

You may recognise some 3rd party transformer toy designs in here, such as MMC Feral Rex(predaking) and MMC Cyclindrus(roller). Remember, mecha miniatures are a rarity as they attract a smaller crowd.

941613506_EbdU65YUMAEAsfZ(1).jpg.3233613fb0602fe2ec88f50a07276bc3.jpg

pic5393349.jpg.4b2b4683d1400367bd8caccf984b5b9e.jpg

pic5393348.jpg.5a1d0e4bb25207d69a5fb6fa654f2639.jpg

Edited by calubin_175