Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good soldiers follow orders.

Spoiler

Crosshair's inhibitor chip was cranked up, so that sort of explains him going above and beyond Order 66.

The green guy, Howser?  Looks like he got his own action figure, so I'm guessing he'll have some sort of role to play.

So, I probably missed a bunch of stuff here.  I understand Order 66 makes clones want to kill Jedi, that I get.  Does Order 66 activate the chip, or was the chip running the whole time to keep the clones obedient?  Did Order 66 just heighten their obedience?  Because in Howser's case, it didn't appear to take away his personality, he takes on a casual tone with people (referring to people by name etc).

When Wrecker got lit, it was like he suddenly didn't recognize his friends and wanted to kill them.

I dunno, the whole thing is still a bit confusing for me.  It's entertaining, but then again, I'm not very bright and I'm easily entertained.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, peter said:

Good soldiers follow orders.

  Hide contents

Crosshair's inhibitor chip was cranked up, so that sort of explains him going above and beyond Order 66.

The green guy, Howser?  Looks like he got his own action figure, so I'm guessing he'll have some sort of role to play.

So, I probably missed a bunch of stuff here.  I understand Order 66 makes clones want to kill Jedi, that I get.  Does Order 66 activate the chip, or was the chip running the whole time to keep the clones obedient?  Did Order 66 just heighten their obedience?  Because in Howser's case, it didn't appear to take away his personality, he takes on a casual tone with people (referring to people by name etc).

When Wrecker got lit, it was like he suddenly didn't recognize his friends and wanted to kill them.

I dunno, the whole thing is still a bit confusing for me.  It's entertaining, but then again, I'm not very bright and I'm easily entertained.  

 

Spoiler

The first episode of the bad batch, and the last two episodes of clone wars, seem to indicate that order 66 specifically targeted the jedi and any clone who refused to obey order 66 (possibly anybody who gave aid to a jedi).  That could explain why Wrecker acted like he did, he knew they had disobeyed the order, or maybe his repeated blows to the head were a factor.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

Again, Cham hadn’t done anything to trigger the Order 66 beat down.

Clone Wars’ take on the chip seems to be that it made the clones wanna kill the Jedi, pretty much compelled them to do the deed (despite years of fighting side by side with ‘em).

But again, this is just all of us theorizing with no official confirmation.  For all we know, Howser could just have a chip that never properly activated. 🤷🏽‍♂️

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh sure, it looks like Hera.  My problem is with the voice, specifically that distinctive Twi'lek accent, which was completely absent from Vanessa Marshall's performance in Rebels.

Worse still, another inconsistency the voice director seems to have missed is the pronunciation of "Twi'lek" itself, which sounds like "twilight" when they say it in Rebels but "twee lick" in The Bad Batch.  Make up your minds, guys!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering she and Kanan are just pups right now, I can see Hera losing the accent after a life out on the fringes, talking Basic with a bunch of different species and folks.

Lotta people know how to "code switch" in real life.  So, I don't have an issue with Hera having a Twi'lek accent right now in Bad Batch.  Especially since it's not like she's been off of Ryloth for any significant time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, tekering said:

Oh sure, it looks like Hera.  My problem is with the voice, specifically that distinctive Twi'lek accent, which was completely absent from Vanessa Marshall's performance in Rebels.

Worse still, another inconsistency the voice director seems to have missed is the pronunciation of "Twi'lek" itself, which sounds like "twilight" when they say it in Rebels but "twee lick" in The Bad Batch.  Make up your minds, guys!

Bugged me at first as well, however, it is the same voice actress, and there was a scene with her father in Rebels where she slipped back into the Twi'lek accent.  So, not entirely inconsistent.  I'm not convinced that they're not just going to move on to the next episode and leave this tread dangling, but as I've been rewatching Clone Wars, it's interesting how many threads are woven between all of Filoni's series. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Bugged me at first as well, however, it is the same voice actress, and there was a scene with her father in Rebels where she slipped back into the Twi'lek accent.  So, not entirely inconsistent.  I'm not convinced that they're not just going to move on to the next episode and leave this tread dangling, but as I've been rewatching Clone Wars, it's interesting how many threads are woven between all of Filoni's series. 

If the show continues on, I’m sure they’ll revisit Ryloth, but this thread will have to dangle for the rest of the season. The whole point was to plant the seeds for the Rebellion. Unfortunately, the do need to cover the existing threads this season; will the Kaminoians ever get Omega back, face off with Crosshairs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The accent thing is very intentional with adult Hera.  "Back home" (or when highly stressed with family etc) she slips back to her "native Rylothian" accent (which just so happens to sound a lot like French).  But "with everyone else" she uses her "practiced/acquired neutral standard Basic accent".   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed the accent thing too, but as many have pointed out, she reverted at least once in Rebels when she was talking to her pops.

 

Definitely has fans talking though :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, I forgot most of the key stuff with Hera and her dad, other than that there was tension between them.

. . . And that Chop was pulled out of a wrecked Y-Wing.

Hera being a damn good pilot has been hammered from a variety of Rebels eps, so that was kinda hard to forget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I'm not mistaken, one of Hera's father's lieutenants in rebels was the little girl that followed the clone troopers around during the Twilek arc in the first season of Clone Wars, and one of those Clone troopers had a little Twilek girl painted on his visor during the 2nd invasion of Geonosis.  lots of conections from Clone Wars, Rebels, and now The Bad Batch.  I hope Omega shows up in the Book of Boba Fett.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

Howzer...... Ok, full out disobeying orders. 

Will Disney show him get executed or will he and the others who rebelled be rescued? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

Wow, lots happened last night.

Kaminoan's are soooooooo screwed.

Is Gregor not firing on all cylinders?  I forgot what he was supposed to be like, but he has that nervous laugh....was his chip eventually removed by the time of Rebels?

Kind of surprised that's not the first thing they talk about when they encounter other clones.

Hunter's in deep kim chee.

I really can't wait to see next week's episode now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, peter said:
  Hide contents

Wow, lots happened last night.

Kaminoan's are soooooooo screwed.

Is Gregor not firing on all cylinders?  I forgot what he was supposed to be like, but he has that nervous laugh....was his chip eventually removed by the time of Rebels?

Kind of surprised that's not the first thing they talk about when they encounter other clones.

Hunter's in deep kim chee.

I really can't wait to see next week's episode now.

Spoiler

I think the idea is that Gregor has been deteriorating, he just had amnesia after suffering a brain injury in an explosion when we meet him in the Clone Wars, Now he's a little off kilter, and in Rebels he's kind of a full blown nut job.  If my memory is right, this is only the third time they've shown Clone Commandos in the shows.  First was really a brief cameo during Savage Opress's inro Clone Wars episodes, 2nd was Gregor's intro Clone Wars episodes, and this would be the third.  Did I miss any?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thoughts.

Spoiler

I don’t think Crosshairs will make it out of this season or that character won’t be sticking around with the squad. His squad abandoned him and his attempt to convert them to the dark side didn’t work. The Empire decided to write him off now. I just don’t see his character sticking around as a permanent fixture.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, azrael said:

Thoughts.

  Hide contents

I don’t think Crosshairs will make it out of this season or that character won’t be sticking around with the squad. His squad abandoned him and his attempt to convert them to the dark side didn’t work. The Empire decided to write him off now. I just don’t see his character sticking around as a permanent fixture.

 

I would like to be surprised though.  I agree, but I think if they manage to surprise us on this, it would make for some very awkward moments later on, and potentially fun.  Interesting though, at this rate, there will now have to be retconn'ed in a network of clones who are turning against the empire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, azrael said:

Thoughts.

  Reveal hidden contents

I don’t think Crosshairs will make it out of this season or that character won’t be sticking around with the squad. His squad abandoned him and his attempt to convert them to the dark side didn’t work. The Empire decided to write him off now. I just don’t see his character sticking around as a permanent fixture.

 

Spoiler

Possible, they might set him up as the hero sacrificing himself for his batch mates as a type of redemption, or he might escape and go rogue, ala bounty hunter.  I think it’s pretty doubtful he rejoins the bad batch in any capacity.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kalvasflam said:

I would like to be surprised though.  I agree, but I think if they manage to surprise us on this, it would make for some very awkward moments later on, and potentially fun.  Interesting though, at this rate, there will now have to be retconn'ed in a network of clones who are turning against the empire.

Well it’s not hard to imagine that the empire simply attempted to eradicate all the remaining clones once a rebellion began in earnest.  So not much retconning may be necessary, and that would also explain Rex Gregor and Fox hiding out in exile.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2021 at 9:18 PM, levzloi said:

Well it’s not hard to imagine that the empire simply attempted to eradicate all the remaining clones once a rebellion began in earnest.  So not much retconning may be necessary, and that would also explain Rex Gregor and Fox hiding out in exile.  

Well, I really hope they phase them out rather than eradicate.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to wipe out an existing army of seasoned veteran clone troopers with a handful of new hires that can't hit the broad side of a barn, lol!

Spoiler

Last two part episodes were kind of sad.  I didn't like the prequels that much, but I probably liked the Clones themselves in the Clone Wars.  It was kind of crappy watching their home get destroyed, and I would imagine it might have been a sad farewell to serious fans of the Clone Wars series.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Part 1 of the finale was good, but Part 2 was meh.

Spoiler

My biggest gripes are:

1)  They didn’t confirm when Crosshair got the chip removed (long time ago or when he got burned in the middle of the season?).  Has a big impact on how we view his character going forward, but they don’t address it in Part 2.

2)  I get Omega wants to save everyone.  But that ish needs to bite her in the ass eventually.  Her trying to save AZI was stupid, reckless, and put her brothers in unnecessary danger.  If she died, it would have made AZI’s sacrifices all for naught.

Again, we’ll see where the story goes from here.  But there’s areas that need improvement and more development.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Mog said:

Part 1 of the finale was good, but Part 2 was meh.

  Hide contents

My biggest gripes are:

1)  They didn’t confirm when Crosshair got the chip removed (long time ago or when he got burned in the middle of the season?).  Has a big impact on how we view his character going forward, but they don’t address it in Part 2.

2)  I get Omega wants to save everyone.  But that ish needs to bite her in the ass eventually.  Her trying to save AZI was stupid, reckless, and put her brothers in unnecessary danger.  If she died, it would have made AZI’s sacrifices all for naught.

Again, we’ll see where the story goes from here.  But there’s areas that need improvement and more development.

Spoiler

I wonder if it did actually get removed.  When Crosshair sits down holding his head like it hurt, was he just tending to a headache or is the chip still in there?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

That’s why I wish they really clarified what the hell happened to Crosshair’s chip.

The idea that he had it removed a long time ago doesn’t jive with those first episodes where the Kaminoans and the Empire are enhancing his chip.

If the chip was damaged during his burning exhaust to the face moment, they should have spelled that out during this last episode.  

Especially since Hunter made a point to emphasize that it did matter when Crosshair got the chip removed.

Also, the timing has a major impact on how we as the viewers will look at Crosshair.  Before the show started?  He’s an irredeemable a-hole.  After exhaust to the face?  Makes the character more interesting and gives him some depth.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

That’s why I wish they really clarified what the hell happened to Crosshair’s chip.

The idea that he had it removed a long time ago doesn’t jive with those first episodes where the Kaminoans and the Empire are enhancing his chip.

If the chip was damaged during his burning exhaust to the face moment, they should have spelled that out during this last episode.  

Especially since Hunter made a point to emphasize that it did matter when Crosshair got the chip removed.

Also, the timing has a major impact on how we as the viewers will look at Crosshair.  Before the show started?  He’s an irredeemable a-hole.  After exhaust to the face?  Makes the character more interesting and gives him some depth.

 

 

 

Spoiler

The softspot in my heart wishes he will be redeemable.  Especially after that line from Omega about him being her brother too......oohhhh.....right in the feels.

 

I also totally agree about Part 1 being awesome, and Part 2 being a bit of a WTF.  I mean, since they broke it up into two parts, I was thinking they must be making us hold out for something awesome and rewarding, but it was basically Part 1 being dragged out.  Maybe I missed something, it was 0200 when I watched it so maybe I was just too sleepy to register any deeper meanings.

 

Still looking forward to season 2.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...