4 hours ago, peter said:

Well, I really hope they phase them out rather than eradicate.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to wipe out an existing army of seasoned veteran clone troopers with a handful of new hires that can't hit the broad side of a barn, lol!

They may just have a killcode "Order 67."

58 minutes ago, levzloi said:
  Hide contents

Notice that the scientist at the end seemed to be wearing the same type of uniform as the male scientist that was working on Grogu in The Mandelorian.  

Spoiler

I actually thought that was the same facility from Mando S2.

13 minutes ago, Keith said:
  Hide contents

I actually thought that was the same facility from Mando S2.

Spoiler

Unless there was a cataclysmic event that changed Navarro from a forest planet to a volcanic planet, unlikely the same facility.  But pretty sure there are connections. 

The season ends with their relationship now clearly defined.

Spoiler

Crosshairs for sure is not coming back to the squad. He's a "good soldier" and knows the Empire is the future but they cement that he's done with that squad. It's the writers way of saying he is the antagonist to the Bad Batch. Period.I still say he's going to die in the end, but he is officially placing that block between him and his mutant "brothers".

I hope they explore what made Omega so special (since the Kaminoans are now officially out of the cloning business) next season. What's her mutation?

Finale was ok. I saw it as more of cementing relationships from here on out and placing characters where they need to be in the larger picture than to close the season on a bang.

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, Mog said:

TVC collectors will never get a chance to catch up.

Well, at least Hunter is in the pipeline:

FTzPHysUUAIt7LC?format=jpg&name=large

Frankly, though, I think Hasbro should introduce a new sub-line for CGI-style figures, like the long-running Clone Wars line (or even the short-lived Resistance line).

They could cover Rebels, Bad Batch, or even outstanding Clone Wars characters, as well as figures from the upcoming Tales of the Jedi series... and not have to super-articulate photo-realistic style figures to justify their inclusion in the (increasingly inappropriately-named) "Vintage Collection" line.

• sh9000 changed the title to Star Wars: The Bad Batch
  • azrael changed the title to Star Wars: The Bad Batch - animated series
6 hours ago, Podtastic said:

What is the lag time for the release of the blu-rays for these things? I'm still waiting for Clone Wars Season 7.

Since the switch to streaming, no one knows.

On 6/9/2022 at 3:24 AM, Podtastic said:

Can you download and keep to watch offline without strings attached?

I'm not going to bother watching something I cant acquire.

Nope, pretty much membership streaming only. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 1:27 AM, Podtastic said:

I'm too cheap to pay for it

Fixed it for you.

I actually really like The Bad Batch (enough that i cannot binge it too often, something my family gives me crap over LOL)

2 episodes out, much darker toned than Season 7 of CW or the 1st season of Bad Batch. Maybe it's just me as well but I've been noticing every season in particular getting better in terms of quality and style since the early days of the CW. I'm hoping for a really good dramatic and thrilling Season 2.

I'm enjoying season 2. Although they are definitely compromised, emotionally, having Omega around. Which is most of the point. Their decision making ( or at least Hunter's) is too heavily influenced by concern for the kid. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to more!

Just watched Season 2, Ep. 3.

Damn, that’s more like it.  Definitely one of the better episodes of Bad Batch and can stand alongside the better parts of Clone Wars and Rebels.

Spoiler

As much as he’s a loner, you can tell Crosshair wants to be part of a team again.

Still want a clear explanation of WHEN exactly he removed the chip.  But eps like these are good.

Ah yes...

Spoiler

They wanted Cody to be around in Obi-Wan but took that out during scripting. Guess that story point stuck around in other projects. Howser arrested. Wilco dead. Now Cody AWOL.

I don't know if there will be this "Clone rebellion" the rumor mill keeps pumping. Otherwise, wouldn't that clone from Obi-Wan have been on the run instead of being a homeless bum? Or all the other clones out there won't have been able to continue wandering about.

The Empire is probably gonna pull an Office Space Milton, wait for the Clones to age out, and just “close the loop” on the problem.

The Empire’s probably just calling these isolated instances or calling those clones that act out “defective.”

11 minutes ago, azrael said:

Ah yes...

Hide contents

They wanted Cody to be around in Obi-Wan but took that out during scripting. Guess that story point stuck around in other projects. Howser arrested. Wilco dead. Now Cody AWOL.

I don't know if there will be this "Clone rebellion" the rumor mill keeps pumping. Otherwise, wouldn't that clone from Obi-Wan have been on the run instead of being a homeless bum? Or all the other clones out there won't have been able to continue wandering about.

Spoiler

You think 'removed because of script changes'. I think 'removed of $$$ issues in paying a toon more $$$ for a guest appearance on a lean budget. But that's just me. As for the clones? I CAN imagine the clones being ordered into formation (minus helms) on SDs Hangars and the like, given a pep talk (while the Hangar Crews get to safety), then someone hits the button marked 'Blow em out'... I really believe by the time of Rogue One and Eps 4, there are no clones on the Empire's official ToE. All because a few clones started to realize, 'the Empire's Coolaid isn't as good as The Republics Coolaid...' (I don't think the empire would wait for the clones to expire at their accelerated rates)

Bad Batch is already showing how the Empire’s transitioning out the clones (replacing them with natural born conscripts, making clones train the new folks, and still utilizing them for enforcement).

By the time of Rebels, the clones have already aged some.  Even by the time of the Obi series (which I believe happens before Rebels), the clones are already aging out.

For story purposes, it makes sense for the Empire to use them up and then just discard them like a used-up resource.

I enjoyed the newest episode, but..

Spoiler

They had to go and do another speeder race.. but except it's called riot racing. Not Swoop bike racing (a la The Old Republic) or Pod Racing (TPM) . It's got to be another kind of the same. A bit recycled, but whatever. At least it was Tek who won the final race , rather than Omega, which is what i was expecting.  And i did enjoy the droid Teo. He was delightfully annoying.

Next episode should deal more with the main story, I expect.