On 5/28/2021 at 11:16 AM, sh9000 said:

90AD1505-EB52-45B0-B4A5-7D7C0FE103A4.thumb.jpeg.4e6aba16bddcf2f5691d0f2618899b98.jpeg

That is delightfully '70s. ^_^

Incidentally, episode 5 "Rampage" features more female variants on established male characters, both a female Trandoshan (like the bounty hunter Bossk) and a female Rancor (like the one Luke killed in Jabba's palace).

#theForceisfemale :p

I got the distinct impression that Boshi(?) wasn't just a Rankor, but THE Rankor, as Bib Fortuna and the gramorian guards were the ones retrieving the infant for Jaba, who put up the bounty for the rescue; in which case, it was a great nod and tie-in to RotJ.

“Good soldiers. . .”

Spoiler

If Wrecker breaks bad and loses his goofball nature, he’ll be a beast to deal with.

Didn’t expect to see the Martez sisters again.  But there’s some obvious connections to who that mysterious person could be.

. . . Could also be Maul, if those sisters still have some debts to pay.

Last week was filler. This week was an ok plot-point-moving episode. I get the feeling...

Spoiler

...they are making way too much noise and it's biting back now. Rex and Cut had the right idea to lay low and disappear. A squad of clones in special armor is attracting too much attention. They may have their chips removed but they're still a calling too much attention to themselves. Best to head to the Outer Rim.

You know given that the...

Spoiler

the new favorite these days is Ahsoka in the SW universe, I expect her to make an appearance some time in this series.  After all, Rex had no connection to the Martez sisters, if this is not a screaming sign that Tano is coming back at some point, I don't know what it is.  

I'm somewhat ambivalent about Crosshair, I almost think that of all of the squad, he is the one most likely to have the chip removed, and still be stuck in his old ways.  Although getting him back on the squad would be useful. 

I'm sure the next episode has Crosshair showing up.

Edited by kalvasflam

Watching the dialogue a little closer this time,

Spoiler

you could tell that Rex was doing his damnedest to not mention Ahsoka or her contributions to Rex’s rescue.

It’s as if someone took the concept of Bespin, threw in some Kaminoan design flourishes, and tossed in some Alien/horror movie atmosphere.

Regarding the ongoing story, I really hope

Spoiler

Tech did a thorough analysis, and the only big reveal is that she’s an unaltered, “pure” clone of Jango (ala Boba).

Also, nice to see that they showed us why Fennec is a formidable bounty hunter.  We know she’s a vicious sniper from Mandalorian, but this ep. demonstrated some of her other skills.

On 6/26/2021 at 9:37 AM, tekering said:

I love the production design in this series.  The abandoned Kaminoan cloning facility was a fascinating setting.

Yeah, agreed. Tech must have been improved greatly since REBELS as the animation is way smoother, better textured and more enjoyable to watch..

Just finished watching the entire show...I was glad it got better as it progressed....so like all other shows pre-TROS...it has some sort of tie-in with Darth Sidious' return plans.....I like where your thoughts are taking you @TangledThorns....I do hope she gets an re-introduction in TBoBB...surely hanging out with The Bad Batch would have turned her into a badass...still, where has she been all this time "in-universe"?...assuming she did not get killed off at some point

20 hours ago, technoblue said:

I like how Devil's Deal is a Filoni filler episode, but a very well done filler establishing more context for this series. ;)

And for another series.

. . . Thanks for the gut-punch in the feels, Dave:  

Spoiler

Cham’s speech about wanting better for Hera hits on a personal level and a story level too (since we know the life that Hera eventually leads).

It’s definitely filler, but one that was nicely executed.

Spoiler

The channels youtube are still chattering about Omega being Force sensitive, and I'm not getting that vibe. 

I like the idea of her making an appearance in the Boba Fett series coming up, that would be cool.  

"Sister...So, you have a twin sister....."

That last episode.....they didn't give that one clone a personality for nothing.  I wonder what his importance will be.  

My SWAG (“Scientific/Speculative Wild-Ass Guess”) about Howser:

Spoiler

Ryloth was already won for the Republic.  So, the Jedi left, but left a contingent of clones to help fortify the planet and do mop-up duty.

Order 66 makes the clones rage-kill the Jedi, but no Jedi on Ryloth.

Cham ain’t a Jedi, so any relationship between Cham and Howser the clone wouldn’t be strained by the inhibitor chip.  Cham hasn’t really defied the Republic/Empire (until that last moment), so no need to eliminate him.

Again, you could poke some holes in this idea.  But it’s at least plausible.

Of course, he could just have a defective chip, but we’ll see.

2 hours ago, peter said:
  Hide contents

The channels youtube are still chattering about Omega being Force sensitive, and I'm not getting that vibe. 

I like the idea of her making an appearance in the Boba Fett series coming up, that would be cool.  

"Sister...So, you have a twin sister....."

That last episode.....they didn't give that one clone a personality for nothing.  I wonder what his importance will be. 

Spoiler

I don't think Omega is Force-sensitive. She is one of the 5 genetically "defective" clones. What modifications she has yet to be displayed. I'm surprised no Imp reviewed the profiles of the Clone Force 99, or they would have seen that Echo is a "reg".