I'd be curious if they executed Order 66.

But other than Echo and probably the squad leader, the characters themselves are kinda one-note.

Has potential, but we'll see.

I remember SW fans didn't care for REBELS when they first saw it's trailer years ago but here we are :) 

I wonder if they'll continue to use the same CGI animation style as REBELS and CLONE WARS. I just hope they don't use what that gawd awful cel shading animation that they used in RESISTANCE, I think that killed the series for me.

That being said, can we get a anime inspired SW series... please?!? I mean Disney should just hire this guy FFS!

36 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I remember SW fans didn't care for REBELS when they first saw it's trailer years ago but here we are :) 

I wonder if they'll continue to use the same CGI animation style as REBELS and CLONE WARS. I just hope they don't use what that gawd awful cel shading animation that they used in RESISTANCE, I think that killed the series for me.

That being said, can we get a anime inspired SW series... please?!? I mean Disney should just hire this guy FFS!

Wow that was excellent; I've never seen it before.

• 4 months later...

Is that Fennec Shand at the 0:41 mark?

Curious what their Order 66 moment will be.

But they were overstaying their welcome around the third or fourth Clone Wars ep.

Wonder if they kept the Amidala nosecone art on their ship. :spiteful:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So . . . Bad Batch + Precocious Kid (TM) :mellow:

Of course, Ahsoka and Ezra started out the same way and grew to become memorable additions to Star Wars lore.  So, we’ll see how that pans out.

Also, spotted Rex in one of those scenes.  Probably will explain how he got Wolfe and Greggor, perhaps?

And I’ve probably said this in another thread, but don’t Tech and Echo kinda perform the same function for the team?

• 3 weeks later...

Palpatine was in the first teaser trailer.

Personally, I didn't dislike the Bad Batch when they appeared in season 7. This seems like an opportunity to flesh them out beyond one note characters, and the idea of a bunch of clones going all A-Team post Clone Wars sounds like fun. Plus it has Filoni at the helm and I loved Clone Wars so I'll be checking it out.

• 2 weeks later...

While The Bad Batch was definitely not my favorite thing about the last season of The Clone Wars, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much more sophisticated the characterizations are in "Aftermath," the first episode of this new spin-off.  There are real conflicts within the group, debates about duty and ethics, and loyalties are tested to their limits as the Republic becomes the Empire.  It's also great to have regular voice actors return to roles such as Caleb "Kanan" Dume, Saw Garrera, and Admiral Tarkin, and we get to hear the great Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor again. ^_^

Oh, and it was 71 minutes long! :o

1 hour ago, tekering said:

While The Bad Batch was definitely not my favorite thing about the last season of The Clone Wars, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much more sophisticated the characterizations are in "Aftermath," the first episode of this new spin-off.  :o

There has to be or the show would not work.  In Clone Wars the whole team was basically one character wrapped up in the squad.  In this they have to stand on their own.  How well the show does will depend on how well they pull that off without making it forced.  Easier to do with characters that were only around a few episodes.  Normally this kind of thing is done when a secondary character on a long running show gets a spinoff and that is more difficult since the identity of the character is more ingrained as a sidekick to the main character(s).