• 2 weeks later...

I think the Disney overlords leave the animated stuff alone and don’t value it as highly as the live action stuff.

But yeah, this was a solid two-parter.

And if I’m a Clone with a massive secret about the Republic or the Empire, I’m staying the hell away from that bar!

Edited by Mog

41 minutes ago, TehPW said:

That SUCKED. sucked Hard. Why did Echo leave?

I think they (the writers) didn’t know what to do with the character. Hunter’s the father-figure, Wrecker’s the brother, and Tech is the teacher. ‘Not sure what Echo is. Writing him out as a a regular in the show is probably the only plan they can come up with right now. 

Because he was redundant with Tech?

Because he doesn’t have a genetic quirk like the original Batch members?

Because the writers can’t write stories that actually deal with Echo’s issues and struggles?

Story reasons?  Because Echo wants to help Rex save their fellow brothers, and he knows the Batch’s main goal is to protect Omega and try to stay off of the Imperial’s radar.

EDIT:  Echo was becoming the conscience for Hunter and the voice of reason amongst the team.

Edited by Mog

• 2 weeks later...

Hm. This two parter started out promising, but for me it didn’t quite stick the landing. 

Spoiler

The gluttonous, greedy mining overlord was a bit too stereotypical and simplified. The animated series has given the audience better antagonists in the past so this guy being more two-dimensional was unfortunate.

These “filler” episodes probably have a point to them, but yeah, with half the season done, this has been a sh*t season. 
I’m guessing they’re deconstructing Omega’s concept of family and home. Unfortunately, most of the stories just haven’t been very good.

I just caught the latest episode, missed it while tripping over myself to watch The Mandalorian.  
Now the plot thickens..

Spoiler

We finally get to see clone commandos! Does anyone recognize that squad leader Does anyone recognize that squad leader near the end point? And you know when a clone commando is running scared (the opening) , you need to sit up and pay attention. I thought they were gonna bring out the zombies from the old novel (but then I remembered it's Disney) . So the revelation that the Empire wanted to control cloning (that's why they destroyed Kamino, the only game in town worth mentioning) , is a direct correlation to Snokey and Palpy in the newer trilogies. And finally the empire is onto the existence of Omega..

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. As usual, great eye candy.

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

I just caught the latest episode, missed it while tripping over myself to watch The Mandalorian.  
Now the plot thickens..

Hide contents

We finally get to see clone commandos! Does anyone recognize that squad leader Does anyone recognize that squad leader near the end point? And you know when a clone commando is running scared (the opening) , you need to sit up and pay attention. I thought they were gonna bring out the zombies from the old novel (but then I remembered it's Disney) . So the revelation that the Empire wanted to control cloning (that's why they destroyed Kamino, the only game in town worth mentioning) , is a direct correlation to Snokey and Palpy in the newer trilogies. And finally the empire is onto the existence of Omega..

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. As usual, great eye candy.

Clone Comando’s have actually been in several Clone Wars and Bad Batch Episodes, I think this is Scorch’s third episode.  

35 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Clone Comando’s have actually been in several Clone Wars and Bad Batch Episodes, I think this is Scorch’s third episode.  

Seen plenty in Clone Wars. Just not so much in Bad Batch. 

The homages to Alien and other sci-if horror films was strong.

Was actually a nicely done ep.

Though a part of me was surprised they rounded up the villagers, rather than do the usual “leave no witnesses” methods the Empire is famous for.

Good episode that finally moves the plot but still surrounded by, what appears to be, filler episodes :unsure:.

Now will it be Crosshair be the one assigned to go after them...again or will they be sending someone else.

Indeed. The Alien homage was strong with this one, although if I’m being honest it is another sci-fi trope in a season that is relying a lot on tropes to drive its loosely connected stories.

I mean, the episode was okay but it will be interesting to see if what happened to the creature or the villagers actually matters.

The pieces we do get are related to intelligence gathering among the clone regulars who broke their programming and Omega’s plot. These have been slowly developing since the first season, and I’m still waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop.

Edited by technoblue

I forgot, was it mentioned why the Empire cloned (or tried to clone) that particular creature?  I mean if you going to clone something for a test that creature is not the best of the lot to choose.  The episode was a good one though.  Much better then the filler ones.

On 3/6/2023 at 3:12 PM, Dynaman said:

I forgot, was it mentioned why the Empire cloned (or tried to clone) that particular creature?  I mean if you going to clone something for a test that creature is not the best of the lot to choose.  The episode was a good one though.  Much better then the filler ones.

I don't know, but it makes me think there might be a clue in the clone wars series. 
I enjoyed the latest episode. 

Spoiler

It's about time Crosshair got a clue about what's in store for his breed . And how the Empire rolls, for that matter. Honestly, i was surprised he shot the Lieutenant, though that pompous ass needed it badly. Now , i wonder, if his old mates are going to catch wind of his capture. If the Empire does manage to get Omega, maybe they'll be locked up in the same facility..

Well that certainly took a rather dark turn. Never once before have I ever stopped to think that the clones and First Blood-era John Rambo might have something in common. They were trained for one very specific purpose, and so what do they do with their lives once they are no longer ordered to serve that purpose?

I am very curious to see where Crosshair has wound up.

• 2 weeks later...

The story is finally gaining momentum. I've been waiting to see what Echo has been up to. Quite the contrast from what the others are doing. I'm very curious to eventually learn who Omega is a clone of. The creepy Imp is well done. 

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

The story is finally gaining momentum. I've been waiting to see what Echo has been up to. Quite the contrast from what the others are doing. I'm very curious to eventually learn who Omega is a clone of. The creepy Imp is well done. 

I’m fairly certain this was addressed in the first episodes, she is a modified (Female instead of Male) clone of Jango Fett.  Boba Fett is Alpha, she is Omega.  That’s why they hunted for her in the first season, they needed access to her pure genetic strain.  Now they just want her to secure the Kaminoan Geneticist's cooperation.

Edited by levzloi

11 minutes ago, levzloi said:

I’m fairly certain this was addressed in the first episodes, she is a modified (Female instead of Male) clone of Jango Fett.  Boba Fett is Alpha, she is Omega.  That’s why they hunted for her in the first season, they needed access to her pure genetic strain.  Now they just want her to secure the Kaminoan Geneticist's cooperation.

I missed that important detail..🤷

They're also likely trying to tie her to perfecting what would eventually become Snoke and the sequel trilogy, which, in my opinion, would be a bad idea; regardless, the studio is dead set on legitimizing that trainwreck, so my opinion, and that of millions of fans, is irrelevant.

I think we all saw that coming.

Spoiler

We all knew Cid would rat out the Batch. There is no honor among thieves.

So does Dee Bradley Baker take a pay cut now that there's one less voice he has to play?

Spoiler

Just means Hasbro never has to make Tech in 3.75” scale.

Too soon? :ph34r:

Went pretty dark really fast there.  Just wish this season didn’t have so much useless fluff.

5 hours ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

Just means Hasbro never has to make Tech in 3.75” scale.

Too soon? :ph34r:

Went pretty dark really fast there.  Just wish this season didn’t have so much useless fluff.

Ouch..! Yeah, everything went wrong. Well played, I'm itching for the next season now.

Man, there was far to much crap in all of this that could of easily been trimmed down. We had all this filler and fluff that really brought out NOTHING and then The last 2 episodes somehow were able to hurt me about as hard as my ex girlfriend leaving me with the dog and ice cube trays. I mean literally was going "WTF?! FILONI! BAD!"

What a punch to the gut.

Spoiler

Although Filoni and his team gave multiple death flags for that character, it was still tough to watch the end play out. 

The twist concerning Omega and Karr—apart from voice actors Ang and Castle-Hughes having a shared Kiwi accent—that came out of nowhere. Season 2 should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Disney+
  • 8 months later...

Trailer for final season:

Looks like they’re bringing a certain someone-turned-bounty hunter into the mix.

Edited by Mog