Which Macross Character Do You Best Identify With?

sqidd

Which Macross Character Do You Best Identify With?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which Macross Character Do You Best Identify With?

• Hikaru Ichijyo
    • Maximilian Jenius
    • Roy Focker
    • Hayao Kakizaki
    • Bruno J. Global
    • Milia Fallyna Jenius
    • Quamzin Kravshera
    • Britai Kridanik
    • Exsedol Folmo
    • Golg Boddole Zer
    • Lynn Kaifun
    • Lynn Minmay
    • Misa Hayase

I'm going to keep this to SDFM and DYRL  to keep it manageable.

The question isn't what character do you like the most. It's which one do you think represents who you would be if you were a Macross character. That could be the same thing of course (you narcissistic twit:p), but I imagine for most it's going to be two different people.

I threw some of the women in there for the two or three women that post here and those of you comfortable enough with your manhood to make a choice like that.:good:

I figured this would be a fun topic while we're waiting for more releases and screwed up shipping timelines. And this may give us more insight into our fellow members.

If you feel like writing something about why you think the character represents you fire away. This could be interesting. It will also be interesting if some of you identify with the "bad guys".:diablo:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I identify with Max. When I started thinking about this I'm surprised that's what I came up with. He's not my favorite character. At best he ranks third.

Edited by sqidd

So when I was younger I absolutely identified with Max, but these days I definitely feel like I'm in my Roy Focker phase. Not because I'm fatalistic or anything, but in the real world I find myself playing the old-timer/mentor more often than not.

Haven't voted yet because I'm taking my choice waaaaayyyyy too seriously right now. :lol:

-b. 

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So when I was younger I absolutely identified with Max, but these days I definitely feel like I'm in my Roy Focker phase. Not because I'm fatalistic or anything, but in the real world I find myself playing the old-timer/mentor more often than not.

Haven't voted yet because I'm taking my choice waaaaayyyyy too seriously right now. :lol:

-b. 

Roy wouldn't take his choice seriously.:D

Maybe after 50 shots of whiskey (give or take), Roy wouldn’t. 

Roy outwardly gave a devil-may-care attitude, but his real side was shown to Claudia.

As for me, probably Exsedol.  Smart bastard, can give good insight when higher ups actually listen to him.

Not one you’d expect to grab a gun and hold the line, but one who could tell you where to put the guns strategically to win the battle.

Personally, I most identify with Vanessa Lairdo (one of the so called "bridge bunnies").

Vanessa Leeds screenshots, images and pictures - Comic Vine

My reasons:

1.)  We both wear glasses!  

2.)  She's sort of like a data analyst.  I'm a computer scientist.  That's sort of similar, right? 

3.)  We both love to go group shopping with our friends.

4.)  We both also seem to like going on group dates together with other friend couples.

5.)  I'm not as ditsy as Shammy

6.)  Not as much of a mother figure as Claudia... but still pretty reliable.

7.)  I don't have the video game or knife skills that Miriya has.

8.)  I would like to think that I am not a whiny brat like Minmei. 

9.)  Plus I, as an adult, would never kiss my cousin on the lips like Minmei does.

10.)  Misa has much more of a temper than I do.

11.)  I'd never sleep with Hikaru... even if he was the last man or Earth... which he was for a time in the movie.

12.)  I'd sleep with Max anytime... so maybe I'm a little bit like Miriya?  

So, from the poll options, I'd pick Miriya.  But really, my answer would be Vanessa.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

When I was younger I used to identify with Max because I thought I was a bad-ass and at the top of my game, but awkward around girls. Now that I'm much older I'm probably a less boastful Kakizaki.. more like cannon fodder based on my actual impact on the world or my sphere of influence.

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

Roy wouldn't take his choice seriously.:D

B)) Ha! 

6 hours ago, Mog said:

Maybe after 50 shots of whiskey (give or take), Roy wouldn’t. 

Roy outwardly gave a devil-may-care attitude, but his real side was shown to Claudia.

As for me, probably Exsedol.  Smart bastard, can give good insight when higher ups actually listen to him.

Not one you’d expect to grab a gun and hold the line, but one who could tell you where to put the guns strategically to win the battle.

Mog gets it!

-b.

6 hours ago, rick.vale said:

Kakizaki.

He's the Baloo of Macross. Big, fun-loving, and laid back. Liked to give his buddies crap. That's me all the way. 

And naturally, you live in Vegas.:D:good:

I identify with Max.

-I've been blessed with talent for operating "machinery". Everything I try I'm immediately good at. For example when I started roadracing motorcycles I went from complete noob to a Pro that was setting lap records and winning nationals in under 2 years. If I wasn't alreday over the hill when I started racing (27) I would have jumped to Wold championship level racing in short order. I had the opportunities. I just didn't capitalize on them because it was never going to go anywhere. And, I was racing for fun, not a living. I was also immediately good at roadracing cars, rally racing cars, drifting, cross country snowmobile racing, mountain biking, etc. I have no idea where this came from. I do not come from "racing heritage" even a little. 

-I'm actually pretty introverted/quiet....until I'm in my circle of friends. Then I open way up up. I purposely don't have any pictures of myself online so people don't bother me at events. I'm in the hot rod/racing business. I don't even wear my own swag at events, trade shows, race weekends, etc so I can move around unnoticed. I really don't want to talk to people.

-For some crazy reason I punch way above my weight class when it comes to the fairer sex. I don't know why, I'm not particularly good looking, but I'll take it.:D

Edited by sqidd

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

April was pretty hot in her yellow jumpsuit.

I see that Hikaru, Max, and Roy are the top picks. Methinks some peeps think a little too highly of themselves. ;) Then again it's limited to original series only, and the pickings are a bit slim.

I mean I’d be some rando cannon fodder dude that gets lit up in the first episode...but there wasn’t an option for him so I chose Hikaru! :p

23 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

I mean I’d be some rando cannon fodder dude that gets lit up in the first episode...but there wasn’t an option for him so I chose Hikaru! :p

LOL

If this were a Gundam poll, I'm sure most people would choose Char or Amuro. :p (I'd be Kai in such a poll. :crazy:)

I started off a Hikaru, then became more of a Roy, these days I think I'm more of a Milia... haven't really been in a position to be anyone's senpai in a while and am currently more of a hired gun... of course that's cherry picking one aspect of her character. OMG, am I Golg?

46 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Max, huh?

(goes to fix hair in mirror)

...(pulls out a knife)

Well, I certainly don't look like him.:D I wish I had hair! I have to rock the shaved head. :(

42 minutes ago, jenius said:

I started off a Hikaru, then became more of a Roy, these days I think I'm more of a Milia... haven't really been in a position to be anyone's senpai in a while and am currently more of a hired gun... of course that's cherry picking one aspect of her character. OMG, am I Golg?

You will always be a senpai to me.

Or...  as 1/4 of me would say... Chris-oppa!

4 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

What?  No rich, luscious Max hair?

(abort the knife!  abort the knife!)

I had hair like Max when I was 25. Almost identical but either blonde (natural) or red when I was feeling silly.:D

Edited by sqidd

I'm mostly Hikaru.  I disguised myself as Roy for time in my early 30's living in Miami and pulled that off well.  Buuut, at the end of the day, I'm more of a whiny Hikaru who is talented enough at things to be a team leader but really not genius enough to be a Jenius and gave up being suave like Roy. 

A few years ago, I might have said "Roy".

Now that I'm managing a larger group with way more responsibilities and have gained a few problematic subordinates along the way... I find it a lot easier to identify with Vrlitwhai and all the crap he had to put up with.  It could not have been easy to be Quamzin and Laplamiz's boss and the man constantly on the back foot thanks to humanity's bullsh*t approach to space warfare.

I picked Hikaru, but not for the reasons most would think.

I would be Hikaru from the "got trapped somewhere in the ship" part of Macross: not sure where I am or what to do, wondering when the "other shoe" was going to drop, and like most folks forgot about me. My "ride" is busted up, and as soon as I get out of here, I'm sure that the "old lady" who was yelling at me earlier is gonna hang my hide on the wall...

...and I can't take a shower because Minmay used ALL THE HOT WATER!!!!