The 'Hey look at this really cool model build I saw' post

Shawn

5 hours ago, Big s said:

Nice work on that face. I haven’t actually seen many of those old figures painted up

Same; really looks impressive. I think I have a Roy Fokker minifig in that same series kicking around here somewhere...

It IS good to see those old figures seeing some love. They really aren't that bad. They do need some careful time spent on them. My old Misa has Little Orphan Annie lookin' eyes though! - MT

Annie.jpg.9375994ae83a88808e474971664b598c.jpg

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Cool! The heads must be the hardest part.

They are; anime can be especially hard for me, since I like being photorealistic and I keep trying to correct to that instead of the anime proportions.

Also: baking the Sculpey can be a pain as well, given that if parts are too thick, they can crack, burn or separate.

Yep. That's it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again  I'm done.  I quit.

This is an absolutely, jaw droppingly stunning  display of ingenuity, craftsmanship and creativity. 

Unf#@king believable!

5 hours ago, MechTech said:

"Saw this the other day and thought it was awesome. " Cardboard CRAZINESS!!! Swap the cardboard out for styrene and it would be AWESOMENESS!!😁 - MT

It's actually cardboard and (I think)wood for the frame of the joints if you look closely. Might also be plastic, but definitely something more solid than cardboard.

4 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Don't give me ideas....

Just do it!😁

@Sanity is Optional You're right. It is actually mixed media, but Cardboard Craziness sounds better!😁 He used laser cut plywood, metal bits, wood skewers and metal bits along with cardboard and clear plastic sheet. - MT

On 4/12/2022 at 7:48 PM, badboy00z said:

Saw this the other day and thought it was awesome.

Pretty awesome.  He must be laser cutting. That is some thick stock.

11 hours ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Going through some older Model Graphix and found this in issue #222

mg32_222.jpg.cf2956cb9acc6f311a0c2620c061dccf.jpg

mg31_222.jpg.e8f7c2572d7353b69686415ba071c946.jpg

Seeing that brings back memories!

Way back when I made speculative stats for it.  ...way back in 2005! 👴

Obviously, I had no idea how to read Japanese at the time—it clearly states (next to the big exclamation mark!) that the  General Galaxy VF/B-22a Jagd Vogel II isn't part of the official setting! 🤣

Nevertheless, what I liked about the design is that it clearly takes inspiration from the FB-22 bomber variant idea that was floating around at the end of the 1990's.

E.g.:

fb-22-strike-raptor-the-stealth-bomber-r