Seriously, Amazon Japan??

Kenny G

So, is this happening to you? I keep getting items shipped to me in bags. The toy boxes keep getting smooshed. Luckily nothing has broken...yet. I'd take the "no void fill" boxes any day over this.

20200616_173218.jpg

Edited by Kenny G
Grammar

1 hour ago, BlueMax said:

I had the DX YF-19 shipped to me the same way. When confronted, they apologized, but did not take responsibility, and out of "goodwill" only gave me an one-off paltry few dollars worth of store credit.

For whatever it is worth, the DX YF-19 was shipped and sold by Amazon itself. After that, I never had a problem like that with Amazon Japan, but obviously the problem is still occuring. My impression is that even if the item is sold by a third party, it is still packed and shipped by Amazon, not the 3rd party seller.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

My latest arrival from AJ. 11 days late. F***ing DHL. 

52566520_IMG_20200616_07255501.jpg.b4425b0dd2cc8383c0133a0c1c2bed3a.jpg

The two times I ordered items from Amazon.jp with DHL shipping, they arrived in that condition.  I am reluctant to use that combination now days.

6 minutes ago, lechuck said:

So far I have had no issues with the condition of packages from AJ.

The items I got were always shrink wrapped to a cardboard that is stuck to the bottom of the box.

Same on my end, though the outer box has gotten fairly beat up on occasion.

12 hours ago, treatment said:

Since that particular item has been released back in 2018, I will reckon you got that from a third-party seller over at AJ.

So, caveat emptor when dealing with them.

I know my original direct AJ order for that HMR Hibiki wasn't smashed like that.

I went back and looked and you ar indeed correct. All of my smooshed packages lately have been 'fulfilled by Amazon' rather than sold directly by AJ. Strange, I never noticed the correlation.   

While I am on a rant about AJ...

Does any one know why AJ would restrict delivery to my location when they have sent similar items before?

Example: every week I have been purchasing the Hachette weekly build Honda S800. Every issue has been purchased and sent sent with a problem (55 issues so far) until last week. I get the error message "Sorry, this item can;t be shipped to your selected location....." And this is something sold by Amazon. It's kinda frustrating as I kinda need every part to build the vehicle. Grrrr

I apologize if this is not the correct place for this particular conversation. 

Edited by Kenny G
Added item

4 hours ago, Kenny G said:

While I am on a rant about AJ...

Does any one know why AJ would restrict delivery to my location when they have sent similar items before?

Example: every week I have been purchasing the Hachette weekly build Honda S800. Every issue has been purchased and sent sent with a problem (55 issues so far) until last week. I get the error message "Sorry, this item can;t be shipped to your selected location....." And this is something sold by Amazon. It's kinda frustrating as I kinda need every part to build the vehicle. Grrrr

I apologize if this is not the correct place for this particular conversation. 

I've seen that happen before and sometimes the region lock will be lifted later. You may want to try again later or contact their customer service. They speak English and are usually very helpful.

My DHL Amazon shipments are usually on time. Sometimes the outer box is pretty beat up and a few times the perforation gave way and the box was pretty much open. But the item inside was always fine for me. So far (knock on wood).

Yeah.

From time to time, AJ will get region-locked with toys from Bandai, Takara, and Arcadia.

For no apparent logic or reason at all. 

some examples,

-- got region-locked with SOC GX-86 from AJ.

-- got region-locked with Arcadia SV-51.

-- got region-locked with Takara MP Artfire and some other MPs, iirc.

The only consolation for me is that these delivery-restricted toys turned out to be damn duds, so it was a blessing that it kinda saved me some money and headaches.

Especially with the two left feet of the Arcadia SV-51 when it was released. 

That said, some third-party/marketplace vendors sometimes do offer the item(s) with no delivery-restrictions unlike AJ-direct. You'll just have gamble on trusting these third-party/marketplace vendors dont send you crushed boxes or whatever.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

I was able to finally chat with someone from AJ. They were quite helpful, but couldn't fix my issue. He or she even aknowledged that I had an extensive order history them, but told me I was out of luck. Oh well, I guess it's the game we have to play to get the items we want. 

21 minutes ago, treatment said:

Yeah.

From time to time, AJ will get region-locked with toys from Bandai, Takara, and Arcadia.

For no apparent logic or reason at all. 

some examples,

-- got region-locked with SOC GX-86 from AJ.

-- got region-locked with Arcadia SV-51.

-- got region-locked with Takara MP Artfire and some other MPs, iirc.

The only consolation for me is that these delivery-restricted toys turned out to be damn duds, so it was a blessing that it kinda saved me some money and headaches.

Especially with the two left feet of the Arcadia SV-51 when it was released. 

That said, some third-party/marketplace vendors sometimes do offer the item(s) with no delivery-restrictions unlike AJ-direct. You'll just have gamble on trusting these third-party/marketplace vendors dont send you crushed boxes or whatever.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Yeah....another smoosh. (It's worse than it looks)

But. I am not really a "box collector". As long as the toy itself isn't damaged, it seems to be a fair trade off, especially if I am getting it for much less than local retail. 

20200618_201514.jpg

31 minutes ago, Kenny G said:

I was able to finally chat with someone from AJ. They were quite helpful, but couldn't fix my issue. He or she even aknowledged that I had an extensive order history them, but told me I was out of luck. Oh well, I guess it's the game we have to play to get the items we want. 

I get this from Amazon.com.  Why can't you send me the windshield wipers?  What's so dangerous about sending windshield wipers on a airplane?  Seriously...  :unknw: