Stands comparable to yetistands

Jdmguy25

2 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Does anyone know if and when Flightpose will get more stock in? Been checking their website and they are completely out of stock - been like that for about a year (I believe).

Looks like it's only their Facebook that has the latest status update. Still on hiatus.

flightpose.jpg.9d15b627e16c382eda15dffdc826ac41.jpg

Another option is Calibre Wings' Router Style Display Stand ver 2.0. It's mostly holds 1/72 aircraft models as per their descriptions.

https://www.calibrewings.com/router-style-display-stand-version-2-0

@kelinda reviewed it from the previous page.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:25 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Yeah, if I move to Texas is can cost even more!

Nah, I moved from CA to TX and it only cost more because of all the firearms I could buy. Otherwise it was significantly more cost effective. 

5 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Nah, I moved from CA to TX and it only cost more because of all the firearms I could buy. Otherwise it was significantly more cost effective. 

Meanwhile in this reality I'm talking about international shipping costs, and California is closer to Japan than Texas is.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Meanwhile in this reality I'm talking about international shipping costs, and California is closer to Japan than Texas is.

my shipping costs on average have only gone up about $2-5 so its not as bad as you may believe it to be

When I order the VF-31s I was paying anywhere from $30-35 and now im paying anywhere from $35-40

Edited by 68whiskey

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

my shipping costs on average have only gone up about $2-5 so its not as bad as you may believe it to be

When I order the VF-31s I was paying anywhere from $30-35 and now im paying anywhere from $35-40

I'm literally reading off the shipping cost from Amazon Japan, so it's 100% exactly what I believe it to be. 

¥6,380

¥5,487 delivery

How much is shipping showing for you? https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0B7VZW7M8

25 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

With Yeti still gone, the next best stands are the Arcadia launch arm stands... so I ordered 9 more of them. :blink:

I've ordered 3, but I'm debating going as high as you have. They look nice and I have serious stand deficiency.

15 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

I've ordered 3, but I'm debating going as high as you have. They look nice and I have serious stand deficiency.

I had to order from 3 different sites because of they all limit to 3, but at least they all offer slow boat shipping.

Amazon's shipping price is okay if you order 3 and it's DHL, but 6800 is above retail, so F that.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

With Yeti still gone, the next best stands are the Arcadia launch arm stands... so I ordered 9 more of them. :blink:

Between the launch arms and the FlightPose, I’d still take the FlightPose stands for the flexibility and posing options.

However, I do miss the rock solid base and rubber nubs of the old version of the stand.  The newer ones feel a little too light and hollow.

1 hour ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

I ordered two of the launch arms and I know I'm probably going to regret not ordering more. Who knew that good stands would be so hard to come by? The Great Valk Stand Shortage of 2022.

Edited by Rhubarbarian

27 minutes ago, Rhubarbarian said:

I ordered two of the launch arms and I know I'm probably going to regret not ordering more. Who knew that good stands would be so hard to come by? The Great Valk Stand Shortage of 2022.

I remember back in the day when you might get a stand with a Yamato release. I think my 21 and original Nora 51 came with them. It's really a shame stands aren't more standard with these. One of their modes is a plane for goodness sake, having at least some of them soaring through your displays is kind of required.

The main thing that sucks about the launch arm is I don't want more than 2-3 Valks displayed in launch mode. Sure, you can display them however you want but they only look right to me holding a Valk in fighter mode. If they made the other clear arm with storage, I'd buy 10 of those.

I like the wider base on the Arcadia vs the older Yamato stands, as I had potential tipping issues when holding up a fully decked out 1/48 strike valk. 

I don't use the launch arm claw thingy at all because it's upside down from what was in the movie. :lol: I just like having as little of the stand showing as possible when the valk is "flying" 8)

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I like the wider base on the Arcadia vs the older Yamato stands, as I had potential tipping issues when holding up a fully decked out 1/48 strike valk. 

I don't use the launch arm claw thingy at all because it's upside down from what was in the movie. :lol: I just like having as little of the stand showing as possible when the valk is "flying" 8)

Yeah, I was trying to figure out a way to get the stand to hold the Valks the other way. Another reason why I just don't want too many of them. Clear arm options would have helped. Best I could play off:

Macross-Arcadia-VF-4A-08557.thumb.jpg.896ea5e1d89407a1090698fbf4498695.jpg

On 8/2/2022 at 11:44 AM, derex3592 said:

I purchased one of the Calibre Wings ones to replace the Flightpose that finally broke holding up my 1:72 Falcon model. All good so far...It did take quite a while to ship and arrive! 

I think I'm going to check out one of Calibre Wings' stands since it's clear.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I was trying to figure out a way to get the stand to hold the Valks the other way. Another reason why I just don't want too many of them. Clear arm options would have helped. Best I could play off:

Macross-Arcadia-VF-4A-08557.thumb.jpg.896ea5e1d89407a1090698fbf4498695.jpg

Someone used a coat hangar to correctly attach a 1/48 Super VF-1 Yamato to the arm claw way back. One end of the coat hangar was wrapped around the backpack and the other end was wrapped around the claw itself. It looked pretty good IIRC.

9 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Someone used a coat hangar to correctly attach a 1/48 Super VF-1 Yamato to the arm claw way back. One end of the coat hangar was wrapped around the backpack and the other end was wrapped around the claw itself. It looked pretty good IIRC.

Sounds like a way. Too bad they didn't make the claw a bit more adjustable so that you could get it to grab the Valks securely.

23 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

These are solely for Arcadia birds right? Do they work on DX Chogokins?

Yeah. Someone will need to make a DX adapter if you want to use Bandai valks on the Arcadia stand... or just use the included stand. The Bandai DX stands are not that great but they're functional and... there. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...